My current setup:

Polytune
Microamp
OCD V4 (Main Dirt)
NS-2
Flashback x4
Mini HOF

I use a microamp first in my chain to add a little gain, just to break my clean very slightly. The OCD provides my main distorted/dirty tone.
What would make a decent boost pedal after the OCD to give me an overall volume boost for leads? A second Microamp? Someone suggested a soulfood OD to add volume and a little extra gain?
Last edited by dancole90 at Aug 26, 2015,
I like to use MXR EQ. It not only gives a volume boost but allows you to shape the sound particularly for leads.
what amp and guitar are you using and what type of tone are you after?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what amp and guitar are you using and what type of tone are you after?

Main guitar is a '72 custom tele with hot rail bridge. amp is a hot rod deville or the clean channel of whatever is there if we're supporting.

I'd say the bands sound is deaf havana meets lower than atlantis. So pretty loud, and a decent amount of gain. I play mostly chunky rhythm but a few tracks mean i play lead and just need that bit more to cut above the other guitar.
Last edited by dancole90 at Aug 26, 2015,
I'd suggest Voodoolab Sparkle Drive as it can do clean boost and maybe add little more grit if you want it/or not dial it in if you don't, or any eq pedal would do.

If you want some pleasant color maybe a FET boost pedal would work better. I think the co. that makes the Jekyll & Hyde has one.
Quote by dancole90
Main guitar is a '72 custom tele with hot rail bridge. amp is a hot rod deville or the clean channel of whatever is there if we're supporting.

I'd say the bands sound is deaf havana meets lower than atlantis. So pretty loud, and a decent amount of gain. I play mostly chunky rhythm but a few tracks mean i play lead and just need that bit more to cut above the other guitar.

ok thanks. the soul food will work either as a clean boost or a fairly high gain OD, but i'm not sure whether it'll get heavy enough for what you want. there have also been some complaints about EHX reliability.

(not trying to put you off, I have one )

something tubescreamery might be useful if you're playing lead and using a fendery amp a lot of the time. but again it won't be super-heavy, you'd need to use it in conjunction with another pedal to get heavier stuff.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?