Hey!

I've been using a BOSS BR-1200 for all my recordings which has been fab although it is slowly giving up the ghost and I'm trying to prepare something else for when it stops working completely..

My only requirement is that it has an in built drum machine, as I'm not a drummer and record my music on my own, having presets that I could tweak has been great and not having to do it all from scratch..

Are there any recommendations out there, money really isn't an issue..

Thanks!
I think you'd be better off finding a recorder that is just a recorder and buy a separate drum machine. I still use and Alesis SR 16 24 bit drum machine and new they are only $150.00 and on EBay you can pick up ones for about $50-75.00 and they sound awesome.

I have been using a Tascam 2488 24 track for about 12 years now and it has held up really well (and I often travel with it in a hard shell case). I am going to replace it with the newer Tascam DP32 very soon. They are only $400.00 for the 24 track DP24 and $500.00 for the DP32with 32 tracks. They both have the same effects (reverbs, delays, compressors etc.) and some built in mastering software. They also have 8 inputs both high impedance and low impedance and you can record up to 8 tracks simultaneously They record to SD cards so you can easily save a card when you fill it up and put in a new one. You can export any recordings (tracks or mixes) into a computer by just pulling out the card and inserting it into your computers SD card slot or transfer directly with a USB connection between the Tascam and a computer. I have owned Tascam recording gear since the 70's and have never had a problem. Check out some YouTube videos on the Tascam DP24 or Tascam DP32. If you do decide to buy one get David Will's DVD on the Tascam DP line. He is great and will have you up and recording in 15 minutes with your background you may not need the DVD but there are little tricks David shows you that the manual is not as good at explaining.

I know you'll get a lot of responses on this thread suggesting you get an interface and record in a computer. I have both systems available to me and I still like a dedicated recorder where I can work quickly and not worry about computer issues and moving a mouse. I do like to do all my mastering in the computer but I like the hands on approach of a physical recorder with faders and knobs. Call me "old school".
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Aug 26, 2015,
Roland VS 2000 used? Very much like the Boss but more of everything. 24bit

Laptop w/Garageband? A lot of virtual instruments including awesome drum section, pretty sophisticated and yet butt-simple to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztLEiNpE5PQ
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Aug 26, 2015,
There are a few recommendations in the stickies, but Zoom's R series is a good place to look. They include a drum machine as well.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Zoom r24 comes with a flash drive of about 2gig of drum loops and also has drum pads for writing your own patterns. 8 track simultaneous track recording, built in condensers and phantom power. Built in amp sims and other effects. Works as a control surface too.

On the downside.. it makes crap coffee.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.