12 71%
Hum
3 18%
Hud
2 12%
Voters: 17.
Page 1 of 2
french onion yes
tomato bisque, chicken noodle soup (properly done though), minestrone, lentil soups, miso soup, chicken tortilla soup, and such. very nice
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Soup is bomb.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Baby Joel
french onion yes
tomato bisque, chicken noodle soup (properly done though), minestrone, lentil soups, miso soup, chicken tortilla soup, and such. very nice

How did I forget lobster bisque in my pics wtf I gotta edit this immediately
How do we feel about chowder?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by K'Nuckles
Note picture 3

Ah, how foolish of me. Of course.

Here's a corn chowder in a bread bowl to make up for it:

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Mmm clam chowdah :d
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I made soup a few days ago. Bunch of veggies in the blender, then added some smoked ham bits and simmered for a while with spices and some pasta bits. Better, cheaper and healthier than any soup you can buy! Doesn't even matter much what veggies, as long as they go good together
Really soup is my favorite food right now.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
see user title

garlic soup and mushroom soup are my favourites probably

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Cupboards distressingly bare. Will have to go shopping for soup items tomorrow.

Thinking curried sweet potato. or ?
Quote by K'Nuckles
Nah, not a fan of curry soups. Like mulligatawny or whatever is ungood yo. British takes on Indian food is generally ungood.

Well, Heinz mulligatawny does suck pretty bad.

I usually find a bit of curry powder and cayenne gives soups made with stuff like sweet potato or squashes a bit of a lift, 'cos they're a bit dull otherwise.
Quote by Baby Joel
french onion yes

Quote by Thrashtastic15
french onion

French Onion Soup!
French Onion Soup!
By yourself
or in a group
French OOOOOOONION!
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Well, Heinz mulligatawny does suck pretty bad.

I usually find a bit of curry powder and cayenne gives soups made with stuff like sweet potato or squashes a bit of a lift, 'cos they're a bit dull otherwise.

Yeah huu on cayenne, makes homemade tomato soup the most baller thing
^ nice

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo

Need some ramen love.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Sinigang soup is underrated
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Cardbored
Sinigang soup is underrated

I don't think I've ever eaten it as a soup. We put it on rice.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I regularly make rice noodle soup. Usually with a miso stock, occasionally switching it out with fermented beancurd (usually of a chilli variety). Simple, calming to make, and rewarding to eat.

However, I don't know if you're meant to boil certain vegetables, or fry them and then add them. Obviously tofu is fried to a brown crisp, but what of peppers? Do any of the more cooking-knowledgable folks prefer to straight boil the flavour of the peppers into the noodles, or do they prefer to fry them, despite the oil?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
This might seem odd, but one thing that people do is they actually slightly fry the vegetables, add a broth of sorts and then thicken to make a sauce. This is then put on top of the rice noodle soup. Sec, I'll find an example

EDIT:

雪菜鸭丝湯米
Last edited by K'Nuckles at Aug 26, 2015,
Ah, I see. Thank you: I'll give it a go. I try and eat well when possible and the making of it can be very relaxing. Naturally the levels of salt in my blood are currently 10x the usual.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

The stuff on top in that particular bowl is like, preserved cabbage, carrot julienne, beansprouts, spring onions and duck. You'd put this in a stock, usually just water and chicken stock powder as is typical in HK, thicken with a little cornflour and then add oyster sauce at the end.
Outta interest, what are those very large onion/leek-like vegetables you often get in ramen noodle soups? Or the almost chewy sweet potato that's usually sliced up and put in some? I know the crabstick (which I don't eat, veggie blah blah etc) but I'm struggling to find the stuff over here, even after asking in dedicated stores for ingredients...
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I dont understand they sell it at my local Mizu and I can't for the life of me figure out what they are they're way larger than spring onions

idk I guess I'll just ask the staff. thanks for you advice, anyhow, haha. What I make tastes nice but I always feel like I'm guessing too much
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
I dont understand they sell it at my local Mizu and I can't for the life of me figure out what they are they're way larger than spring onions

idk I guess I'll just ask the staff. thanks for you advice, anyhow, haha. What I make tastes nice but I always feel like I'm guessing too much

Please report back, I'm curious too now
Wait, so are you looking for something that resembles leek/onion but is not leek, onion or spring onion?
Does it more resemble an onion or a leek in appearance?

I googled 'leek like vegetable' and got fennel as a result
Page 1 of 2