question about computer speakers in regards to using a usb interface for recording

I got a scarlett soloist so i could use guitar rig software, but returned it as i prefer using my amp instead.

I noticed that I had to plug my computer speakers into the interface to get sounds from guitar rig, which i didn't like as well, as i prefer to keep the computer speaker plugged in to the pc so i wont have to turn on the interface all the time to use the speakers for general purposes.

My question is, if im not using an audio interface for guitar modeling software and just connecting a microphone only to record, do i need to connect computer speakers into the interface to listen to what im recording?
Last edited by musicandthewave at Aug 26, 2015,
Quote by musicandthewave
My question is, if im not using an audio interface for guitar modeling software and just connecting a microphone only to record, do i need to connect computer speakers into the interface to listen to what im recording?
Do you use win or mac?

Using mac is pretty easy, using pc you should be able to do that pretty easily as well in most cases but you may have to do some digging for that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
How are you connecting the mic to record?

I guess the easiest thing would be to get some cheapo headphones and use your audio interface for all guitar related tasks. You can route the rest of the audio to go through the computer speakers.