i know its a jackson with a firecrackle finish but im getting it from a guy who says its a 1987 JACKSON SOLOIST. it looks like a 5A but im not sure due to the pickups. and they have a single rail? im only trading a 100$ crate cab so its not gonna be a loss by any means and i love how it looks but any information on this is helpful i cant upload the image due to the large space of the picture... but it has what looks to be a floyd rose and silver hardware with shark fin inlays and a rosewood fretboard. the headstock is black with jackson and i believe the neck is maple and has no paint on the neck. it has 3 mini switches a tone control and volume control and the crackle doesnt look like ANY on the internet for the 5A. its got a few dings and the truss rod cover has 3 screws (like a trianglish shape) i dont believe its a fake since its got the official jackson logo stamped into the metal bolt on but i dont know the model number yet.
Well first off if it's a bolt on then its a Dinky and not a Soloist.

I'm not too up on my 80's Jacksons but many Dinkys came with HH, HSH, and HSS pickup configs.

What does the Floyd Rose say on it? Does it have Jackson stamped on the Floyd anywhere?

You can go to Jackson's site under support and dig through their old catalogs. See if you can find something similar.

mini switches on a Dinky don't ring a bell but who knows. . . .

And you're trading a $100 crate cab for the guitar? Normally deals that are too good to be true are. This smells funny or the person has no idea what they have. Do they need money for contraband?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Looks like it is a Jackson Strat Body Model and they did have switches back then for active electronics. . . . http://support.jacksonguitars.com/catalogs/us/Jackson1987_catalog.pdf

Crackle, switches, the inlays, it's all adding up.

What condition is that guitar in? Is it all jacked up? Do ALL of the electronics work still?
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
I met the guy on facebook on a buy/sell page. he said he got it from a old man who claimed it was a soloist. i couldnt get a good look at the tremolo on the picture but it seems skinnier then a floyd rose (maybe the angle) i have a fr special on my main guitar so i have a idea on what a floyd rose original looks like too through google. and no its in reasonable condition. havent tried the electronics yet. guy says guitar wont stay in tune but that could just easily be not setting up the fr right. its a broad idea i know but i came to see what you guys might think of it since im trying to research it too cause the guy hasnt gotten me the information yet. theres only a few dings on the back and the plates are a bit scratched that cover the springs/electronics. plus if it was a custom soloist (as he claimed it was) couldnt you request a bolt on? jackson has high end models in both bolt and through neck but maybe im wrong idk
he also said he got it for 100$ from said old man which must be why this guy is trading the cab for it.
additional info is the plate is like the soloist style ones. its got black and then like a silver border from the appearance in the picture
Last edited by ratsrelow at Aug 26, 2015,
post a pic or link. that would help out a lot.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I would if the "file wasn't too large" and I don't know how to get a link cause it was over facebook soo
Last edited by ratsrelow at Aug 27, 2015,
I wouldn't trade a cab for a guitar with a cheap FR on it, personally. Think of how many beers you can fit on a cab! You can't hardly fit any on a Jackson, and even then, you still have to hold still to balance them! Totally inefficient.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Save the pictures or take a screen capture. Upload them to Photobucket. Then you can link them in your post.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Did you ever get any more info on this Jackson? You have me curious now!
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Quote by JustRooster at #33570123
I wouldn't trade a cab for a guitar with a cheap FR on it, personally. Think of how many beers you can fit on a cab! You can't hardly fit any on a Jackson, and even then, you still have to hold still to balance them! Totally inefficient.

iirc the Jackson-branded Floyds of the late 80's and early 90's back then were made by Schaller.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Schaller.

Haven't tried that, does it come in a 6 pack?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
iirc the Jackson-branded Floyds of the late 80's and early 90's back then were made by Schaller.

this is true however you have to be carefull. briefly Jackson had it's own design which can be a real bitch to find parts for these days.
well I'll let all you guys know when I get it to give specific information. the guy about the beers is right though.
I got the guitar. the model number is 9759733. can anyone tell.me what guitar it is? it is CLEARLY old. does not have made on USA by the Jackson symbol. Has jackson tuners. the pickups by the neck/mid are single coil styled but had tape on the top not a rail. which leads me to believe it had covers at some point. the humbucker doesn't have magnets.
oh and has the Jackson liscenced floyd rose. and has licensed under floyd rose on it
Quote by ratsrelow
I got the guitar. the model number is 9759733. can anyone tell.me what guitar it is? it is CLEARLY old. does not have made on USA by the Jackson symbol. Has jackson tuners. the pickups by the neck/mid are single coil styled but had tape on the top not a rail. which leads me to believe it had covers at some point. the humbucker doesn't have magnets.

the humbucker has a plastic cover but i assure you there are magnets underneath. that # is most likely the serial #.
pics would help
Old school dinky
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
it also has Ibanez pickups (which obviously wasn't on the original) this is the most puzzling guitar because theres TWO KNOBS NOT 3 BUT TWOOO AND THEN 3 TOGGLE SWITCHES LIKE WTF IS.THIS SORCERY. THERES NOT EVEN ONE WITH THE SAME COLOR GRAPHIC. normally the fire crackles are like orange and yellow with red but mine is ONLY RED. also found out the spring screws are like hardware store screws... yeah... the tone knob doesn't seem to work at all...the floyd rose can't go back because there's not a spot for it to.go back which leads me to believe it had some sort of old floating tremolo prior to someone replacing parts they shouldn't have and it's extremely confusing.
Quote by ratsrelow
it also has Ibanez pickups (which obviously wasn't on the original) this is the most puzzling guitar because theres TWO KNOBS NOT 3 BUT TWOOO AND THEN 3 TOGGLE SWITCHES LIKE WTF IS.THIS SORCERY. THERES NOT EVEN ONE WITH THE SAME COLOR GRAPHIC. normally the fire crackles are like orange and yellow with red but mine is ONLY RED. also found out the spring screws are like hardware store screws... yeah... the tone knob doesn't seem to work at all...the floyd rose can't go back because there's not a spot for it to.go back which leads me to believe it had some sort of old floating tremolo prior to someone replacing parts they shouldn't have and it's extremely confusing.

floyds didn't have the ability to be pulled up more than a hair when they first came out. guitars have to be rear routed for that.
Quote by monwobobbo
floyds didn't have the ability to be pulled up more than a hair when they first came out. guitars have to be rear routed for that.

so.you're saying there's still a chance that it's a legitimate guitar? I mean if you look at the pics... the serial code brings me to various dinkys (which I assume is what the neck is from) but the body is puzzling me. and there is absolutely not chiseling done in the body FOR the Jackson floyd rose which I just find astonishing . this guitar is either a cluster of parts or a rare guitar huh? :p
Check out the catalog I linked earlier.

Those switches were for an active preamp with stock passive pickups.

You'll have to experiment and trace the wires to see what's actually installed now.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
sure it looks like a dinky but look at the fire crackle 2 switch and 3 toggle config. the tone pot doesn't work and has a jackson neck.