I have a Scarlett Solo and it constantly connects to and disconnects from windows. Also, my computer won't boot past the motherboard logo splash screen until I unplug the interface, it then boots like normal. I installed the drivers from the Focusrite site. Is this a driver issue? Is there some universal interface driver? Something about ASIO4ALL?
A universal driver would be ASIO4ALL, but I'd advise against it.

Do you have an AMD processor?
If so, drop focusrite a line and they'll send you a proper driver.
If not, simply try to re-install the drivers, and if the thing still doesn't work I'd say it might even be faulty hardware.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I had issues with mine. Then I realized I hadn't actually checked the system requirements. I have Windows Vista still, it needs 7 or higher... but, it sounds like your problem maybe be with the USB connection. Do you have any other USB devices that you use?
Quote by Spambot_2
A universal driver would be ASIO4ALL, but I'd advise against it.

Do you have an AMD processor?
If so, drop focusrite a line and they'll send you a proper driver.
If not, simply try to re-install the drivers, and if the thing still doesn't work I'd say it might even be faulty hardware.

No, I have an i5-4670k. Why would you advise against ASIO4ALL?

Quote by Leather Sleeves
I had issues with mine. Then I realized I hadn't actually checked the system requirements. I have Windows Vista still, it needs 7 or higher... but, it sounds like your problem maybe be with the USB connection. Do you have any other USB devices that you use?

I have Windows 7. I've tried different USB cords and ports to no avail Time to reinstall the driver.
Quote by kadrek
No, I have an i5-4670k. Why would you advise against ASIO4ALL?
Compatibility comes at the expense of latency.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Compatibility comes at the expense of latency.

Oh, so there might be more latency with the ASIO driver? I had no noticeable latency at all with the Focusrite drivers when it decides to work, my computer is pretty quick.