Ok, I bought both of these for 250 each. One is for me on one for my nephew. I can't decide Which one.
96 MIJ Jackson
Charvel DC 1 FR
PRS SE Custom 24
Yamaha FG730S
DIY acoustic
DIY mockingbird
Peavey classic 50 2x12
Um

Have you ever thought about simply playing both guitars and seeing which one you like more?
I mean for goodness sake you've already bought them, why haven't you already thought of that?

If it's an MIJ Jackson though, I'd take that one in a heartbeat.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Yes, I've thought of that. I spent hours playing. I love them both. I was just thinking of resale value. These are the first two guitars I've bought used so I was really just shooting in the dark if I got a good deal or not.

They are both in great shape. The jackson has a LFR with Seymour duncans. The charvel has active EMGs.
96 MIJ Jackson
Charvel DC 1 FR
PRS SE Custom 24
Yamaha FG730S
DIY acoustic
DIY mockingbird
Peavey classic 50 2x12
Personally, I'd keep the Jackson. The DK2 in your pic looks like MIJ model, and it's a top notch quality guitar. The only reason I sold mine was because I'm not much of a Floyd Rose guy, but otherwise it's a great instrument.
1. Keep the Jackson
2. Put a Schaller FR in it
3. ???
4. Enjoy your kickass guitar

Just out of interest, what do you like about both guitars? What does one guitar achieve more than the other?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 28, 2015,
^ +1

Nice scores
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok, the jackson has the wide flat fast feel, and I feel like I get a little bite from the maple. I have always liked hot passive pickups so the jackson fits the bill there. Oh yea, the jumbo frets are a plus.

The charvel feels great. It feels closer to my SE. The narrower fret board feels familiar and the rolled edges make it feel quite comfy. I like the EMG'S but I think I like hot passive pickups better, at least for the bridge. The neck pickup sounds a lot better than the jackson. More full and rich.

Now for the neg. I believe someone has adjusted the action while under tension on the jackson. There seems to be a little bump when using the trem. For the charvel, the only negative is the neck isn't baby but smooth. I don't know if I'm a fan of the mahogany neck.

All in all, they are both great for the 250 I paid but I'm willing to sacrifice some here for the flame top, active pickups, better floyd and rolled fret board on the Charvel. However I might just kick the nephew in the teeth to have both.
96 MIJ Jackson
Charvel DC 1 FR
PRS SE Custom 24
Yamaha FG730S
DIY acoustic
DIY mockingbird
Peavey classic 50 2x12