Hi, I'm looking for some suitable software to create rock/metal drum beats and bass lines to practice with and record. A friend of mine suggested FL Studio since he was doing EDM with it. I haven't had any experience with DAWs. Any suggestions?
Yamaha RGX121Z
Marshall MG30CFX (I knooooooow )
Try every DAW's trial version and then decide what you like best.
It's really only a matter of preference.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
That's a good suggestion too :P From where should I start? Could you suggest some DAWs to start with?
Yamaha RGX121Z
Thank you guys. I will give Reaper a try.
Yamaha RGX121Z
Quote by digitalac3
Could you suggest some DAWs to start with?
The worthwhile ones are:
-Ableton Live
-MOTU Digital Performer
-Image Line FL Studio
-Apple Logic
-Presonus Studio One
-Cockos Reaper
-Propellerhead Reason
-Steinberg Cubase

There's also pro tools, but I wouldn't recommend it in your situation.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by T4D
you just can't handle all that power !!
Or better, most computers don't have enough power to properly handle pro tools, and pro tools can't handle most audio interfaces.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
Or better, most computers don't have enough power to properly handle pro tools, and pro tools can't handle most audio interfaces.

is that Most or Cheap ?

if your going to Pay $900 for DAW software and then run it on a computer worth half that or use an interface worth less the $100 ,. your an idiot.

OR your using a cracked version and your blaming Avid for what the Hacker did to get it "working". ? which ( if you are ) makes you even a bigger Idiot.
Last edited by T4D at Aug 30, 2015,
Quote by Spambot_2

nah, and next to that. Pro tools is by all means not better than stuff like ableton and cubase.
And the support is the worst piece of sh-t I ever had the honor of experiencing.

I also personaly dislike the aax plugin extension stuff.

BUT, i don't have a professional studio.
Quote by T4D
is that Most or Cheap ?
It's most.
You need powerful hardware to make pro tools run decently and you need very powerful hardware to make it run good.
Quote by T4D
if your going to Pay $900 for DAW software and then run it on a computer worth half that or use an interface worth less the $100 ,. your an idiot.
I use a mac worth three times that money and I don't use pro tools even if I could.
Quote by T4D
OR your using a cracked version and your blaming Avid for what the Hacker did to get it "working". ?
A crack removes copy protection from a program, it doesn't make it perform, work or behave any differently, stop calling others idiots when you're the one without a clue about how this works.

Anyway I wrote that I wouldn't recommend it in TS' situation.
Why?
'cause it's resource-hungry like a bitch,
it's years behind the other big DAW's (64bit support and offline bouncing for example arrived pro tools in 2014, while stuff was around since 2010 and even before),
it uses a very uncommon plugin format that most people don't develop for so the choice's very limited,
it's very expensive and it doesn't do anything that other DAW's can't,
it only works with avid and old m-audio hardware.

Would you feel like suggesting such a program to someone who's just beginning?
I wouldn't.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2

I use a mac worth three times that money and I don't use pro tools even if I could.

so enjoy your mac Don;t blame me if you want to spend more on Fancy Hardware with a designer Logo on it. and you can always buy a second hand Mac

Quote by Spambot_2

A crack removes copy protection from a program, it doesn't make it perform, work or behave any differently, stop calling others idiots when you're the one without a clue about how this works.

That is Complete BS you clearly have no idea about software development or software protection it goes very deep and can it connected to any operation as simple at on start up check license is where Crackers work,.

but developers can also put in things that don't crash the program like loading a VST plugin load up check license if no license don;t check the plugin's interface/standard/connection ,. or dont check from standard audio buffer in DAW and Interface etc the list is Endless,. I've worked for some 3D software developers and support has a list of "bugs" and if people call up support there flagged for using Cracked software. ( and they do it to catch studio's how buy 20 seats and run 100 seats )

your extremely Naive if you think using Cracked software is Stable or a long term option to uses.

Quote by Spambot_2

it uses a very uncommon plugin format that most people don't develop for so the choice's very limited,
it's very expensive and it doesn't do anything that other DAW's can't,

very uncommon plugin format ? most plugin come in AAX format now ? again total BS

I was a Reason users I think it 's great software VERY stable very powerful but I feel part of the reason is, it's control over it's plugin format NO VST NO AAX NOTHING only from there extension system,

also have Sonar X1 X2 and found the standard install pretty solid but as I added and used VST plugins things would crash and become very unstable.

so protools adding AAX I can see the reason behide it, VST is an old standard ( 1996 ) AAX is a new modern standard.

right now I can install a audio plugin from 1997 into Sonar ,. is that a good thing ?

Quote by Spambot_2

it only works with avid and old m-audio hardware.

again total BS I've run a Scarlett 6i6, ( which come with Free AAX plugins by the way ) and a Presonus with PT and know PT users using Akai, Zoom, Lexicon, Line 6, Behringer, Tascam, MOTU, Universal Audio, Apogee, etc

the thing is ,. I find is funny how Negative people get over Protools ? why ?
It''s like ME being Negative over YOU choosing to use Apple ?

I'm a developer for iPad and Android have alot of opinion,. work on a Mac pro and a win10 ,.But what's the point ? why go out of my way to point out OSX and iOS issues ?

Why do people go out of there way to be Negative towards Protools ?
it's not the most expensive ? Nuendo cost more ? (in fact if you buy a eleven rack you get PT 12 with it, so Crazy Value compared to the rest for the guitarist looking to move up from reaper )

Spambot_2 you've said everything from It's unstable, has NO plugin & NO hardware works with it ,. ?? all total BS,.

why post BS ? do you really need to Bring Protool down ? I think it's a good creative tool, others may like something else, but I like what I got.. I see no reason to slap a Cubase users or Live users cause I'm not using there software ?
Quote by T4D
That is Complete BS you clearly have no idea about software development or software protection it goes very deep and can it connected to any operation as simple at on start up check license is where Crackers work,.
Oh well if a stranger on the internet says he has more experience than another stranger on the internet...
Quote by T4D
your extremely Naive if you think using Cracked software is Stable or a long term option to uses.
And, as bad as it sounds, if you think using cracked software is unstable on whatever term option you've never used cracked software.
Quote by T4D
very uncommon plugin format ? most plugin come in AAX format now ? again total BS
Yes, pretty uncommon still.

Of course if you look at big companies like softube, native instruments, plugin alliance and such they're all happily willing to pay to get the AAX API, though most of the others aren't.
Tonebooster, voxengo, ignite amps...
Then some like DMG audio are still at RTAS because avid completely changed plugin format going from 32 to 64bit operation.
Quote by T4D
so protools adding AAX I can see the reason behide it, VST is an old standard ( 1996 ) AAX is a new modern standard.
The current VST standard though is VST3.5, which was "released" by steinberg in february 2011, and VST3 is from 2008.
Quote by T4D
right now I can install a audio plugin from 1997 into Sonar ,. is that a good thing ?
Yes, 'cause compatibility.
Then you can use plugins developed with modern pieces of code as well.

Also audio units use the core audio API, which gets updated with every other mac os x update.
Quote by T4D
again total BS I've run a Scarlett 6i6, ( which come with Free AAX plugins by the way ) and a Presonus with PT and know PT users using Akai, Zoom, Lexicon, Line 6, Behringer, Tascam, MOTU, Universal Audio, Apogee, etc
Sorry, didn't know they updated that with the 11 native version.
Quote by T4D
the thing is ,. I find is funny how Negative people get over Protools ? why ?
Because we don't want others, in this case OP, to think pro tools has some kind of magic to it, which is the reason why most pro's who work with a DAW use it.

There were situation in which pro tools was the best choice overall, but with current tech not even anymore, so we who don't like pro tools try and break down to the inexperienced people why we don't like it and why it's not the best choice in their situation in particular usually.
Quote by T4D
It''s like ME being Negative over YOU choosing to use Apple ?
Which you seemed to be in the first couple lines of your previous message really
Quote by T4D
why go out of my way to point out OSX and iOS issues?
To get people to make the best choice for achieving what they want in their situation.
Not the worse at least.
Quote by T4D
Why do people go out of there way to be Negative towards Protools ?
Actually it's you who asked why we wouldn't recommend it and I answered, so either we are still on track or it's you the one who went off.
Quote by T4D
it's not the most expensive ? Nuendo cost more ? (in fact if you buy a eleven rack you get PT 12 with it, so Crazy Value compared to the rest for the guitarist looking to move up from reaper )
Pro tools 11 according to avid's website.

Anyway a pod HD costs less than an eleven rack and I prefer it.
For versatility especially.
Quote by T4D
Spambot_2 you've said everything from It's unstable, has NO plugin & NO hardware works with it ,. ?? all total BS,.
I've said windows is unstable and that pro tools has little plugins.
Sorry about the hardware, my bad.
Quote by T4D
I think it's a good creative tool, others may like something else, but I like what I got.. I see no reason to slap a Cubase users or Live users cause I'm not using there software ?
You go into a forum asking somebody what guitar amp would be best for you.
What you're saying is you're expecting people not to tell you they don't like a particular amp for said reason, the reason of which is beyond me.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
And, as bad as it sounds, if you think using cracked software is unstable on whatever term option you've never used cracked software.

You think using stole software is Cool?

Clearly your not ripping of Avid , but Your ripping Off other smaller Independent hard working Software engineers and artist at other companies and those plugin developers you place as being So important to what makes good software, do you pay for there Plugins or just get the cracked version as well ?

you base you "Knowledge" on Stole Software ...

YES I learnt my trade by "testing" 3D software for afew months Sure I can understand Cause i did it myself ,. but once I found what I wanted to learn I got a job in 3D and have paid for EVERY software license i have installed to ANY ALL computer i have owned.

The amazing thing is you really think software developers don't KNOW there software gets Cracked and used by Dips like you ? there's no way a Developer wouldn't spend money suing you But they're not stupid enough to give you it without giving you some pain for not buying it. it's not a DRM in a game, it's working productive software with very complex system. you may crack it to get it installed and appear to be working but where You say "unstable" I say the developer may have put more effort in protecting there product then you think.

example:- a artist records in one studio and everything is working great with Protools and then goes your Cracked software studio and PT crashes all the time ,.. My guess is you blame Avid & Not the fact you using stole software ?

Quote by Spambot_2

Tonebooster, voxengo, ignite amps...
Then some like DMG audio are still at RTAS because avid completely changed plugin format going from 32 to 64bit operation.

plugins ...
your whole plugin point is again BS since Reason has a Huge following IS Great Software and uses it own Plugin format, PT is far more open then reason and Plugins do not make the DAW. it's only a part of the package. if it was SO important Protools would have died when switched to being AAX Exclusive At version 11.

Quote by Spambot_2

Also audio units use the core audio API, which gets updated with every other mac os x update.

I going to hold back my full Apple rant, But you shouldn't wave the flag at how good and productive OSX updates are ( apple is a Terrible developer for Profession software mainly 3D, video & composition )

Quote by Spambot_2

Anyway a pod HD costs less than an eleven rack and I prefer it.
For versatility especially.

eleven rack for $599

compared to

Line 6 HD500 $499 + MOTU $499 or Live standard $449 or Cubase Pro $549

Yeah You'd think the HD500 and one for those is better value at around twice the price. clearly your a hater but i still have no idea Why it's directed at Protools
Quote by T4D
You think using stole software is Cool?
No, so I usually don't, and I buy what I make money with out of principle on top of the rest of what I buy.
Quote by T4D
YES I learnt my trade by "testing" 3D software for afew months Sure I can understand Cause i did it myself ,. but once I found what I wanted to learn I got a job in 3D and have paid for EVERY software license i have installed to ANY ALL computer i have owned.
Then you can't possibly know what you're talking about, as noble as that is.
Quote by T4D
You say "unstable" I say the developer may have put more effort in protecting there product then you think.
Again, I said win is unstable, it has always been unstable (apart from NT).
Why?
Because DOS is shit compared to UNIX, no way around that.
Quote by T4D
a artist records in one studio and everything is working great with Protools and then goes your Cracked software studio and PT crashes all the time ,.. My guess is you blame Avid & Not the fact you using stole software ?
But I didn't say pro tools is unstable, I said pro tools is resource-hungry.

You can ask that to anybody, they'll tell you the same thing.
Go on gearslutz, lotsa people there use it, they will all tell you the same thing.
Quote by T4D
your whole plugin point is again BS since Reason has a Huge following IS Great Software and uses it own Plugin format, PT is far more open then reason and Plugins do not make the DAW. it's only a part of the package. if it was SO important Protools would have died when switched to being AAX Exclusive At version 11.
My point was that pro tools has way less plugins than other DAW's, which is one of the reasons why I would advise against it - half of the amp sims I know of don't run on pro tools, and being TS I'd like to have more options rather than less options.
Quote by T4D
I going to hold back my full Apple rant, But you shouldn't wave the flag at how good and productive OSX updates are ( apple is a Terrible developer for Profession software mainly 3D, video & composition )
But we're talking audio stuff.
And we're talking os x, not os x applications.
Core audio is a set of frameworks that handle audio and audio processing, while I'm guessing you're thinking about something along the lines of the final cut x **** up.
Quote by T4D
Now why wouldn't one get an HD500x and reaper for $560 instead of an eleven rack and a midi foot controller for $700 if you get a cheap midi controller?

I'm including the midi controller 'cause the pod has/is one.
Again, options.
Quote by T4D
clearly your a hater but i still have no idea Why it's directed at Protools
It's because, for the reasons I listed and you ignored, I don't like it and I think it wouldn't be a smart choice for OP.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Pro-Tools has it's uses, to be sure.

I prefer it's editing power over Sonar, and the commonality of the software makes working in different locations easier, but:

- I find the way it encodes .wav files to be 'crunchy' and lacklustre
-AAX is a steaming turd. They could have rewritten RTAS or TDM to be 64 bit, but NOPE.
-The Avid hardware is on the lower end of sonic quality.
-God save you if you use any non-Avid hardware, the support will not help you at all, and will blame everything on the hardware
-The interface is very static and boring. While a seemingly minor issue, if you have to stare at it for hours...
-The built in dither is garbage. No doubts about that.
-Extremely large learning curve.
-Resource hog. It almost hits a point were the more resource you have, the more it will eat up, in relation
-Eleven rack was a turd.
-They still haven't figured out Surround control like Nuendo or Logic has.
-While I've never experienced it, the ProTools Session file will randomly no longer work with the version it was created in.
-Automation is still meh. It has been since 6.4
-Their new support model is the dumbest idea in the world.

Take that how you will.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale

Quote by Spambot_2
The worthwhile ones are:
-Ableton Live
-MOTU Digital Performer
-Image Line FL Studio
-Apple Logic
-Presonus Studio One
-Cockos Reaper
-Propellerhead Reason
-Steinberg Cubase

There's also pro tools,

Again all this hate ,. and all 100% directed at Protools and no other app ?

I just don't understand, Yeah it has issues but no software in the list above DOESN"T have issues,. yet if Protool is even listed or mentioned the Flame war starts..

it has to be in the top 5 most popular DAW software,. some even say it's a standard, But it's the only entry on the Hated DAW software list. ?

the chemist - Yeah some are true some are just your opinion ,. I could list the things I dislike about Reason and Sonar but that's not my point. it's creative software what you may dislike, others may find it good workflow. this is a artist medium not Nuclear fusion, you can do things your own way.

Spambot_2- Your opinion on windows- probably due to using a cracked version and Clearly you have not used windows in a LONG time, Windows 7 and windows 10 are very solid I installed win10 to all 7 of my home machines no issues. and OS shouldn't "be" anything but load the software you work in ,. if you going to wank over the calender or the file manager you should just get back to work.

your opinion on Apple is ..Apple are a pack of lost children when it comes to development, everything right about OSX is Unix, everything wrong is what Apple did on top of it. they support 2% of the hardware windows does, and have more 100 X more software developer Requests for additions to OSX then Windows.

your opinion on value for money- putting Reaper over Protools and calling it even ,.. that's just worthless hater Spit. Reaper is good software but really ??
Last edited by T4D at Aug 31, 2015,
Quote by T4D
Again all this hate ,. and all 100% directed at Protools and no other app ?
I didn't even include nuendo, garageband, acid, mixcraft, trackton and whatnot.
I included pro tools because it has its uses for sure, but it's most likely not what OP needs.
Quote by T4D
I just don't understand, Yeah it has issues but no software in the list above DOESN"T have issues,. yet if Protool is even listed or mentioned the Flame war starts..
Pro tools is the one with the most issues tho, and you're the one who got offended and started with flame in the first place.
Quote by T4D
it has to be in the top 5 most popular DAW software,. some even say it's a standard, But it's the only entry on the Hated DAW software list. ?
Gee, will there be some reason behind that?
Nah, surely not.
Quote by T4D
Your opinion on windows- probably due to using a cracked version and Clearly you have not used windows in a LONG time, Windows 7 and windows 10 are very solid I installed win10 to all 7 of my home machines no issues.
I used an original copy of xp for years, then I used an original copy of vista for years, then I used an original copy of win8.1 for some time and now I have an original copy of win10.
Still I use linux for everything apart from the stuff I can't do on linux because of a lack of software.

Win's problem is mostly DOS, it will still be its problem when we'll get to win11.
As much as they can make it better they can't make it that much better.
Quote by T4D
and OS shouldn't "be" anything but load the software you work in ,.
Tho the OS is much more than that.

RAM management, file system, audio server and kernel - four things that are different in each operating system.
You may try and pretend they don't make any difference, but they make a hell of a difference.
Quote by T4D
Apple are a pack of lost children when it comes to development, everything right about OSX is Unix, everything wrong is what Apple did on top of it.
A big part of it tho is freeBSD, so even if apple ****ed up as you say that's the reason why it doesn't show.
Quote by T4D
putting Reaper over Protools and calling it even ,.. that's just worthless hater Spit. Reaper is good software but really ??
Well believe it or not there are some people who prefer reaper to pro tools.
It's nothing that can be proved, just go and ask around.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
This is getting boring dude

most of your post is not worth replying to

Quote by Spambot_2

Win's problem is mostly DOS, it will still be its problem when we'll get to win11.
Tho the OS is much more than that. RAM management, file system, audio server and kernel - four things that are different in each operating system.

but please explain all this BS,.

as a software user where are you hitting issues with RAM management, file system, audio server and kernels ? how about giving us all your explanation the issues and what the kernel is and does ...

Odd since OSX has pretty major USER issues everyday.

• OSX doesn't have proper networking in 2015 , I've worked in 2 studio where i used Mac's and both had to run and connect to 2 separate apple networks because OSX networking is so lame,. currently we have one and weekly we have artist shutting down restarting just to get network access back, sometimes more then once just to transfer working files.

• Panel Management ( panel appear Behide your working panel Photoshop CC build there new UI to avoid this Issue it's documented on the adobe site),

• NO support for apple own hardware once it's over 3 years old in the OSX again check you user agreement. Video cards are a major issue, we had to replace a dozen Mac cards in are Unity mac Pro workstations due to Yosemite adding memory leaks in it's old cards drivers making Unity unusable. Unity developers clearly show it was Apple fault.

• USB sticks having to be formatted on a Windows machine because if you pull out the USB from a Mac machine without safe ejecting your files stay there take up space and can not be discovered or deleted using OSX.

• the app Caffeine ( plugin you need to install so OSX doesn't goto sleep ) when a Mac goes to sleep it stops not only renders or any long term cpu work but internet downloads !! and any thing else that takes afew hours without someone touching the mouse or keyboard!! OSX still has not fix that bug in there System since release !!.

I could go on about REAL user issues I have run into with OSX over the years, While you talk total BS with your Vast knowledge of RAM management, file system, audio server and kernels,.. if you want ?

Im not saying window is better, for me Windows is just the one with the least amount of hassles i have to deal with on a daily basis, so i can get my work done.

As for Reaper YES I'm sure there many who prefer it to Protool, but there are many who prefer to uses Protools and don't want to be looked down on for using it or ranted and flamed at for defending it, when people post total BULL$HIT about it's Stability, hardware support or it's Lack of third party support (plugins).

The fact is,.. all you have to do it type "Protools" in that little search button at the top of the page and look at the posts in THIS recording section of UG ,.you'll can see Spambot_2 and afew others Complete Hatred of Protools posted over and over again in any thread where Protools in mentioned.

Jealousy ? Envy ? Hatred ? which is it ? there all pretty bad emotions to post everyday.
Last edited by T4D at Aug 31, 2015,
Quote by T4D
as a software user where are you hitting issues with RAM management, file system, audio server and kernels ?
RAM problems?
Windows occupying almost 1gb of ram can be a problem.
Windows 8.1 being veeery slow compared to mac when loading stuff coming from a network drive in ram can be a problem as well.
The fact that even if I close an application win takes a lot of time freeing the ram said app was using can be a problem unless you have a lot of ram.
Same thing goes for deciding what has to be put in ram and what has to be put in the virtual memory when ram's not enough.

File system?
Have you not heard of these people that need to backup everything, erase the disc and reinstall win for it to work properly?
Have you never heard of people who advise to defrag your disc every week or so?
NTFS also has no journaling, so expect to find corrupt/unusable files a lot more than with ext4 or HFS+.

Win audio server and audio management in general is plain bad, nobody needs to be explained why ASIO, among the other things, sucks.
Quote by T4D
how about giving us all your explanation the issues and what the kernel is and does ...
A kernel is the bridge between the software and the hardware.
It is the mean with which the applications can communicate with the hardware.

Now do you want a tech explanation as well or you can look that up for yourself?

Win for example has the UI embedded in the kernel.
You see nothing wrong with that?
Quote by T4D
I've worked in 2 studio where i used Mac's and both had to run and connect to 2 separate apple networks because OSX networking is so lame,. currently we have one and weekly we have artist shutting down restarting just to get network access back, sometimes more then once just to transfer working files.
Looks to me like your network apparatus sucks, I've never had these kinda problems myself, and I have a network with a mac, a linux and two other servers.
Quote by T4D
Panel Management ( panel appear Behide your working panel Photoshop CC build there new UI to avoid this Issue it's documented on the adobe site),
You may wanna phrase that in english if you want me to understand.
Quote by T4D
Unity developers clearly show it was Apple fault.
How's your problem apple's fault if it's only related to unity?
Quote by T4D
USB sticks having to be formatted on a Windows machine because if you pull out the USB from a Mac machine without safe ejecting your files stay there take up space and can not be discovered or deleted using OSX.
This is simply false.
You may wanna try again.
Quote by T4D
the app Caffeine ( plugin you need to install so OSX doesn't goto sleep ) when a Mac goes to sleep it stops not only renders or any long term cpu work but internet downloads !! and any thing else that takes afew hours without someone touching the mouse or keyboard!! OSX still has not fix that bug in there System since release !!.
The cpu going in deep sleep is the point of sleep mode, nothing unusual about it.

If you want to stop it simply go into the power management settings.
Quote by T4D
I could go on about REAL user issues I have run into with OSX over the years, While you talk total BS with your Vast knowledge of RAM management, file system, audio server and kernels,.. if you want?
You bragged about being a computer expert, so I thought I'd point out some problems in a more technical way.

Are you sure you're not simply a guy that does 3d modeling and tests apps that use unity?
'cause you sure seems like one.
Quote by T4D
As for Reaper YES I'm sure there many who prefer it to Protool, but there are many who prefer to uses Protools and don't want to be looked down on for using it or ranted and flamed at for defending it, when people post total BULL$HIT about it's Stability, hardware support or it's Lack of third party support (plugins).
I'm not looking down on anybody, and I'm sorry if I made you feel attacked or uneasy.
I just pointed out why I don't like pro tools and why I think it wouldn't be the best choice in OP's situation.

Quote by T4D
all you have to do it type "Protools" in that little search button at the top of the page and look at the posts in THIS recording section of UG ,.you'll can see Spambot_2 and afew others Complete Hatred of Protools posted over and over again in any thread where Protools in mentioned.
It's because people who don't have a clue ask about it or the conversation gets brought on that, and I among others still feel the need of telling people why in my opinion that isn't the solution for them.
Jealousy ? Envy ? Hatred ? which is it ?Mine is regard to people who wanna learn.
Your is ass pain.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
OSX sleep mode issues

OSX software issues We have found the issue in mavericks. It's a Apple OpenGL driver

Windows or panel appearing in wrong place or behide main working windows

Losing Network On OSX

OSX lame USB file system

Ultimately, you can’t point to one platform and say “this one is faster”. Even though OS X and Windows run on similar hardware, performance can differ even in areas where you might expect the platforms to be in lockstep.

Some of these have solutions, some of these I posted to and used to help my problems and other I couldn't find but found others thread/forums with basically the same issues raised,. But if you read the solutions there WAY more techy then they should be (makes OSX look far more like Linux then a USER friendly OS )

In the end I never said Windows was BETTER, I just think OSX is far from being all rainbows and lollipops as you seem to think.

odd tho your happy to live in a fantasy world where OSX is magically and ignore the dirty places while you scream it's praises, but you can't stand even hearing the word on "Protools" without Bull sh1ting all over the place about your "invented" problems with it?

sad.. OH and here some extra reading for you Spambot_2 ( cause you really need to read more and do some basic Web Searching before you post your half thought out BS)

Forget windows the most vulnerable operating systems 2014 was Mac OSX and iOS

And

What is a Kernel
Last edited by T4D at Sep 1, 2015,
Now we are really off topic
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by T4D
now you've got no more BS to say..

To be fair, I could critique every DAW I've used in the same manner as PT, but we were talking PT, so I didn't expand.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Quote by T4D
now you've got no more BS to say..
I ain't gonna convince you and OP's probably wondering why we derailed his thread, so no reason to keep being insulted by you for describing pro tools.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by the chemist
To be fair, I could critique every DAW I've used in the same manner as PT, but we were talking PT, so I didn't expand.

Well that was my point, I have sonar and prefer PT,.
nothing evil in Sonar just prefer PT, I would not tell a sonar user to change or even try PT if there were happy with Sonar.

I think Reason is Super but no plugin support for toontracks etc is the reason don't uses reason.

Also think Reaper is a good tool too.

Toontracks Some may feel others sound better AD etc ,. but I like the work flow and Libraries, in there products, I'm not making money from my recorded music ( is anyone here ?) So i'm not going to fight over my drum sound or want to spend hours over effects etc (I also like Ezmix its a very fast solution)

I just posted to push back because i didnt see why the negativity toward a single product, seem so odd since it a creative tool used by creative people doing creative things

how one artist uses there DAW or works with there DAW or what they want from there DAW can be Totally difference to everyone else,. yet some seem to Scream at that one product is SHIT and you should not even try that Crap... yet it's in the top 5 apps most used DAW's on the planet.

I've been an professional artist for 20 + years very strange logic.
Last edited by T4D at Sep 2, 2015,
I recommend trying Reaper out, it's the only DAW I know of that has a fully featured and unrestricted trial version. That should help you get to grips with it properly before committing to purchase. It's also very regularly updated with bug-fixes etc.

And if you're looking for a free drum machine to get learning about creating drum beats I'd recommend Sennheiser Drummic'a as a starting point, because it's free. However, you'd probably want to move up to something better after a while.
Quote by Spambot_2

Because DOS is shit compared to UNIX, no way around that.
But I didn't say pro tools is unstable, I said pro tools is resource-hungry.

Quote by Spambot_2
Tho the OS is much more than that.
MS-DOS has been discontinued since Windows 2000 and switched to NTFS after that. (Source: I'm a PC technician).

You don't know a single goddamn thing about anything you try to inform people about do you?
Last edited by Cherry Vulpine at Sep 3, 2015,
Quote by Cherry Vulpine
MS-DOS has been discontinued since Windows 2000 and switched to NTFS after that. (Source: I'm a PC technician).
DOS is a family of operating systems, NTFS is a file system.

You're comparing apples to oranges here.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
DOS is a family of operating systems, NTFS is a file system.

You're comparing apples to oranges here.
NTOS is what I meant. And also it's not "apples to oranges" they're directly tied together in how the OS executes commands in the background. You'd know that if you actually, well, knew anything.

Regardless the issue here is that DOS is still LONG gone and you're still saying it's still a "problem" with Windows. And that it's gonna be a problem in Windows 11. When they haven't touched it in nearly 15 years.

Do you even like, research anything before you click the post? You're so bad it's like you're a troll intentionally posting misinformation to annoy people.
NTOS?
What even?

Edit: aah, you meant win NT.
Still kind of a stretch, if you mean its architecture then it's a stretch because it's an architecture and not an operating system, and if you mean the ntoskrnl that's a kernel, which would be a piece of win NT's architecture.

You sure you're not still nitpicking and trying to prove me wrong just for the sake of it?
'cause if it's informative to anybody it's all good really, but at this point?
You want me to tell you you're right?
Yes you're right, you're more intelligent, more experienced and know more stuff, also you're a lot more informative with your posts.

Am I done?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Sep 4, 2015,
Quote by Spambot_2

You sure you're not still nitpicking and trying to prove me wrong just for the sake of it?

nitpicking ?? there is correct information and then there Bullshit there are no shades of grey. specially with alot of stuff you posted. Misinformation is a Crime and makes you look silly in a world where you can just google it.