Page 1 of 3
(I searched for a dedicated Vape thread but didn't see one at first glance. If there actually is one and this is an annoyance I apologize, and in such case, please feel free to close it and point me in the right direction.)

Hey guys. Do you guys think you could help point me in the right direction? I'm gonna be getting my first mod and wanted to know what parts you guys would recommend. I have about 150 dollars to spend.

I really want something that will chuck clouds. The bigger and thicker the better. If I need to save up a bit more to really get proper equipment that's fine. I know I want a dripper mod. I was told if I start on a dripper it's going to take much longer for me to get used to but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the long term returns. I'm very willing to build the mods myself and make my own coils ect. I'm eager to learn. Hit me with the knowledge.

I was looking at a build using a Lycan RDA with a Vape Over lord Dogecorn MOD and a Sony 18650 VTC5 battery. My friends who recommended I start with a tank said if the dripper was too much I could spend relatively little money and get an Ithaka RBA for 30 dollars to start on a tank and when I can handle it move to the Lycan dripper. Is this a good mod? (In the Lycan I was gonna use 26g Kanthal Wire)
01100100 01101010 01100101 01101110 01110100

At least I djent?
Quote by cheosamad at #33572717
I really want something that will chuck clouds. The bigger and thicker the better.

You are the type of person who makes me hate vaping and people who do it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by necrosis1193
You are the type of person who makes me hate vaping and people who do it.

Sounds like a rough life.

At least I djent?
Quote by Joshua Garcia at #33572721

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by welvendagreat
It'd be cheaper to just start smoking wouldn't it?

Not at all. What's a pack of cigarettes cost, 4-5 dollars? A pack a day would cost about 150 dollars a month. In 1 month it would already be more expensive.

At least I djent?
Quote by welvendagreat
You think you're gonna go from not smoking at all to a pack a day?

That's just a random estimate based on those around me. Even if it's half that long term it's astronomically more expensive. It also (to me) doesn't taste as pleasant, and the smell lingers in clothes and hair much longer. Ash burns through car seats ect, and tobacco smoke can damage the finish on my guitars. Ultimately it's not what I'm going for.

At least I djent?
Last edited by cheosamad at Aug 29, 2015,
Quote by cheosamad
That's just a random estimate based on those around me. Even if it's half that long term it's astronomically more expensive. It also (to me) doesn't taste as pleasant, and the smell lingers in clothes and hair much longer. Ash burns through car seats ect, and tobacco smoke can damage the finish on my guitars. Ultimately it's not what I'm going for.

What are you going for though? Chucking the dankest clouds bruh?
Quote by welvendagreat
What are you going for though? Chucking the dankest clouds bruh?

I'd like to be able to participate with my friends. They seem to have fun seeing who can make the biggest clouds ect. They also get a kick out of people making fun of them like you're doing right now.

At least I djent?
Quote by cheosamad
I'd like to be able to participate with my friends. They seem to have fun seeing who can make the biggest clouds ect. They also get a kick out of people making fun of them like you're doing right now.

god damn. you guys be out here goofing on people "making fun" of you AND don't mess up your guitar finishes!

savage
Quote by welvendagreat
god damn. you guys be out here goofing on people "making fun" of you AND don't mess up your guitar finishes!

savage

Are you having fun being this condescending and rude? Is it helping out your ego brah?

At least I djent?
make sure you wear camo cargo shorts and get a scraggly neckbeard
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
make sure you wear camo cargo shorts and get a scraggly neckbeard

Am I only aloud to listen to 'organic' bands from here on out?

At least I djent?
Quote by cheosamad
Are you having fun being this condescending and rude? Is it helping out your ego brah?

christ man, go easy on me. **** being one of those people making fun of you in real life you must kill em with this #heat
Good lord there are communities and terminologies based around this? Get a pack of cigarettes you coward. What doesn't kill you makes you lame and not fun at parties.
I'm just gonna ignore those kind of responses now. Anyone who ACTUALLY can point me in the right direction please do.

At least I djent?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Good lord there are communities and terminologies based around this? Get a pack of cigarettes you coward. What doesn't kill you makes you lame and not fun at parties.

**** you mean not fun at parties? just wait until he shows off his pristine guitar finishes

him and his friends are all in the back having the meanest #roast session on everyone making fun of them looking like

but with a cherry scent
Vaping is a stupid practice and you're stupid for wanting to partake.

Your reasoning for wanting to vape isn't even justifiable. You want to potentially damage your lungs and become addicted to nicotine so that you can make big smoke clouds in order to fit in with your friends?

Also, make an account on a forum dedicated to vaping if you want people to take you seriously and give you advice... honestly though, they'll probably laugh at you too.
Even the verb 'vape' sounds like something an asshole would do.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Just get a decent variable voltage/wattage battery and then try some different tanks until you find a good one. A good rechargeable battery should only cost like 30-50 dollars, and the tanks 10-20 dollars. There are so many different tanks and there are constantly new ones coming out so it's hard to give a recommendation. I prefer bottom coil tanks, because they don't leak as much in my experience.

I have an Innokin Itaste MVP 2.0 battery and an iClear 30S tank. All together it costs like $60 and I get pretty damn good vapor production and taste. The only annoyance is that I have to replace the coil in the tank every 3-4 weeks, but they only cost like $2 so it's not a big deal to me.

also **** the haters vaping is fun and there are some tasty flavors
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Aug 29, 2015,
Quote by cheosamad

That's the most stupid reason ever to do something wrong for your health. If you can't "participate with your friends" without a vape, they aren't your real friends.

But don't worry, I was 14 once. You'll understand someday.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
At first I thought you wanted an open chamber vape so you could vape the dank kush. Looks like you're after an e-cig.

Also if you don't already smoke and are addicted to nicotine then get your shit together mate. You're willing to have a nicotine addiction for the sake of having a little fun with friends? For real?

If you are already addicted to cigs then it's absolutely worth vaping e-cigs though! Forget what anyone will tell you about oh vaping is for losers etc. vaping is winning a slowly losing battle and that is ok for some people that find nicotine addiction too tough.

The other day a report came out that vaping ecigs is estimated to be 95% less harmful than smoking cigs. Now I know that you'll probably find media outlets reporting its bullshit but they're putting out the opposite view because it's good for ratings. Prof David Nutt has been sharing some awesome links on Twitter as to the sheer agreement with the 95% analysis. As you can expect, some ecig tests are funded by tobacco companies and are looking for anything bad they can find to stop the rise of ecigs and fall of their poison.

In my town we actually have vaping stores, since it's become such a phenomenon! And I've been in them and they are making so much business. If you have one in your place give them a visit and they'll be able to sort you out.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by cheosamad
I was looking at a build using a Lycan RDA with a Vape Over lord Dogecorn MOD and a Sony 18650 VTC5 battery. My friends who recommended I start with a tank said if the dripper was too much I could spend relatively little money and get an Ithaka RBA for 30 dollars to start on a tank and when I can handle it move to the Lycan dripper. Is this a good mod? (In the Lycan I was gonna use 26g Kanthal Wire)

What is all this bullshit, just buy a pack of cigarettes.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
What a surprise. More gabage douche responses that didn't add to the conversation at all. Bring on the hate. I'm a 'douche' and a 'loser' and whatever else you want to call me. Truly I don't care.

To MeGaDeth2314, and Nero Galon thank you for the responses that ACTUALLY have to do with the topic, instead of going on an irrelevant tangent to feel better about yourself. I'll look into the variable wattage box mods more today. I'm in no crazy rush.

At least I djent?
Quote by Nero Galon at #33572951
If you are already addicted to cigs then it's absolutely worth vaping e-cigs though! Forget what anyone will tell you about oh vaping is for losers etc. vaping is winning a slowly losing battle and that is ok for some people that find nicotine addiction too tough.

There's a big difference between "I'm using vaping as a tool to help curb my addiction to nicotine" and "I'm vaping because I want to chuck thick dank clouds and be cool like my friends." One is completely understandable and using it for the purpose it was designed for, the other is a crowd of douchebags. By all indications, OP is in the latter camp.

Quote by necrosis1193
There's a big difference between "I'm using vaping as a tool to help curb my addiction to nicotine" and "I'm vaping because I want to chuck thick dank clouds and be cool like my friends." One is completely understandable and using it for the purpose it was designed for, the other is a crowd of douchebags. By all indications, OP is in the latter camp.

Guess you know me and I'm a douchebag. I'll be sure to act accordingly in all acts of life.
Also a lot of these mods are literally designed for the latter. So using them for that would be using that as they were intended to be used. Irony.

At least I djent?
Last edited by cheosamad at Aug 29, 2015,
Quote by cheosamad at #33573274
Guess you know me and I'm a douchebag. I'll be sure to act accordingly in all acts of life.

You certainly get defensive easily, so you're already on track. I guess ignoring the rest of us didn't last too long?

Also a lot of these mods are literally designed for the latter. So using them for that would be using that as they were intended to be used. Irony.

You should really learn what words mean before you use them. "Latter" refers to the ending entity of a group, and in a verbal context usually refers to the last of the mentioned entities. In this context, the latter of the two things I mentioned was the douchebags, so in other words, you just said that the mods you're looking into are designed for douchebags and agreed with me.

Quote by necrosis1193
You certainly get defensive easily, so you're already on track. I guess ignoring the rest of us didn't last too long?

You should really learn what words mean before you use them. "Latter" refers to the ending entity of a group, and in a verbal context usually refers to the last of the mentioned entities. In this context, the latter of the two things I mentioned was the douchebags, so in other words, you just said that the mods you're looking into are designed for douchebags and agreed with me.

You're right. I'm sorry. Is there anything else I should not be doing?

At least I djent?
Quote by cheosamad

taking pictures with your guitar and posting them on the internet
Quote by welvendagreat
taking pictures with your guitar and posting them on the internet

Yikes. I got a couple of pictures to get rid of......

At least I djent?
Quote by cheosamad at #33573289

There are plenty of things that both of us probably shouldn't be doing that we still are anyway. I'm not telling you that you have to live your life based on what I think is good or not, nor am I saying that I know best what is and isn't good. If you want to vape, that's your prerogative, and nobody else's. Doesn't mean I'm not going to have an opinion about it though, or that I'm not going to express that opinion.

Nowhere in the thread have I told you not to do it, I've just disapproved and said that I think it's stupid. All I've stated is the fact that I think vaping for recreational reasons is dumb, and that, based on every person I've ever known who vaped being a douchebag, I think people who do it are douchebags. You're free to do whatever you want.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Aug 29, 2015,
I was being sarcastic. I couldn't care less if you approve or not. If you've had a negative experience with people of that community then I'm sorry. Douchebags can be found in all walks of life. All the people I've met in that community have been really nice guys and gals. Pretty relaxed about it and respectful if you asked them to step outside with it, and not blow it all over the house.

However, instantly assuming someone that partakes in something that doesn't harm anyone else (assuming they're not a dick about it who purposefully shoves it in peoples faces, whether its vapor, cigarette smoke, weed smoke, or whatever else) then to assume that person must be a douchebag for partaking in that activity is ignorant and narrow minded. The people running around blowing their smoke in peoples faces and thinking they have some sort of moral high ground for vaping ARE indeed total douchebags. By all means, knock them the hell out. However, that doesn't mean anyone who vapes must be a douche, just like the fact that there are people who smoke weed and are super preachy about it and try to force it on everyone around them. Simply because those people exist doesn't mean that everyone who smokes is a douche. The list goes on and on.

At least I djent?
Quote by cheosamad at #33573234

To MeGaDeth2314, and Nero Galon thank you for the responses that ACTUALLY have to do with the topic, instead of going on an irrelevant tangent to feel better about yourself. I'll look into the variable wattage box mods more today. I'm in no crazy rush.

No problem man. lol don't listen to people here giving you shit. It's ironic that people are calling vapers douchebags when all they are doing is making incorrect assumptions about people and telling them to smoke cancer sticks instead of something that is undeniably healthier.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
No problem man. lol don't listen to people here giving you shit. It's ironic that people are calling vapers douchebags when all they are doing is making incorrect assumptions about people and telling them to smoke cancer sticks instead of something that is undeniably healthier.

The irony is almost palpable.

At least I djent?
Page 1 of 3