Hello Ultimate Guitar users!,

I'm looking for a new good metal/shred amp combo for home practicing. On internet i saw a Blackstar id 60 tvp combo but the reviews are mixed. Or a mesa boogie mark v combo but it's alllllot more than 600 euro :P. Can anyone help me to find a good metal amp under 600 There are allot of choices in amps

Thanks!
Last edited by borus55 at Aug 29, 2015,
What kind of metal? You looking to gig (what kind of volume can you play at)? Willing to go used?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by Will Lane
Peavey 6505 Combo. Buy used and invest in a tubescreamer as well.

Peavey 6505 is'nt 600 euro there is no used one in my country all 800 or 1000 euro i already bought a 1500 euro guitar and 800 would be too mutch for a amp
I personally love the Blackstar ID, I really regret not picking one up when I played one and it's firmly sat on the top of my wishlist.

Other options could be the 6505 mh? That should be about 600 euros
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Quote by dementiacaptain
What kind of metal? You looking to gig (what kind of volume can you play at)? Willing to go used?

Sort of disturbed and death metal like persefone volume is just middle i always play with microphone just good amount of gain crunch sound and dream theater songs i have a crunch lab and liquifire pickups :-) and 30 or 60 watt just for badroom
Quote by borus55
Peavey 6505 is'nt 600 euro there is no used one in my country all 800 or 1000 euro i already bought a 1500 euro guitar and 800 would be too mutch for a amp

You should probably mention what country you live in.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by borus55
I already bought a 1500 euro guitar and 800 would be too mutch for a amp
Actually people use to spend more on amps and cabs than on guitars.
Why?
'cause amps are the things that change your sound most, and most good ones are expensive.

I too would suggest to save up a bit more and get a used 6505(+) combo and a good speaker.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Cool on Persefone, I dig them

Well, if you can go used, I'd look into a Marshall DSL or TSL combo (specifically the JCM2000s, the newer DSLs don't sound as good from my experience).

Maybe a Blackstar HT or Series 1, some people have beefs with them due to their less than honest advertising but I don't mind much. I wasn't impressed with the ID series.

If you can find a used Peavey XXX or JSX or even an Ultra or Triumph, those would be good.

Really you're going to get more bang for your buck going used, maybe someone on that side of the Atlantic will chime in, I'm not very aware of what prices are there.
Quote by borus55
Ooh my bad. I used currency conversion. :p It might be a good investment for you though, the 6505 is quite a common metal amp.
How much do Laney IronHearts go for used in your market?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
How much do Laney IronHearts go for used in your market?

Laney Ironheart IRT120H and 2x12 cabinet 800 euro it's cheap but my room is too little for it
the peavey 6505+ sounds very nice i hope i can use my peavey sanpera 2 for it.
Quote by borus55
And a peavey bandit?
You spend 1500 on the guitar and that low for an amp?
Quote by Spambot_2
Actually people use to spend more on amps and cabs than on guitars.
Why?
'cause amps are the things that change your sound most, and most good ones are expensive.
Really I think you'll outgrow lower budget amps quickly, TS.
Last edited by Will Lane at Aug 29, 2015,
just for home i say i'm not in a band and 1000 euro only for a amp that i use at home is crazy i know my guitar is not that cheap too but it was for a reason.
You have to use the volume knob for every amp we've listed.

You may be happier with a modeling amp like a Peavey Vypyr or a POD HD500x and a PA speaker.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee

You may be happier with a modeling amp like a Peavey Vypyr or a POD HD500x and a PA speaker.
I was going to suggest something like the Vypyr Tube 60, up to TS' used market.
Last edited by Will Lane at Aug 29, 2015,
Quote by metalmingee

I have a peavey vypyr for 7years :P i want something else
i think i'm going to try out a blackstar id tvp 30 or 60 the 260watt is used 300 euro
So you're going to get an amp that is not any better than what you're using?

I'm not trying to bust your balls, but I think it's a waste of cash if you aren't going to get an "upgrade"

It's your cash, do as you will, just my opinion.
Last year you could have gotten Peavey 6505 combo NEW for 600€. But since €uro and EU has gone to shitter and keeps going down a lot of import gear prices are skyrocketting. Peavey amps, LTD guitars, all jumped 100€-300€ up during the beginning of this year. Now the combo is over 800€ at Thomann and the cheaply built Chinese clone (just 2x12 version) Bugera 6262 combo is about 600€ at musicstore.de

But as said before Peavey 6505 combo is quite common. Keep your eyes open and you may snatch a good deal. If you cannot wait to find a deal in used markets the Blackstar you are looking at or a gambling with Bugera quality control may very well be your only options in this price range.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by borus55
I have a peavey vypyr for 7years :P i want something else

Didnt see this. What Vypyr you have? Unless you only have the 15 watter or such getting a Blackstar modeler is a sidestep in my eyes. In that case I would take the gamble with Bugera if you want a clear improvement without breaking a bank.

*edit* And anyone pissing on Bugera I kindly point to the earlier post about euro being in deep shit currently. Choices are limited for poor folk.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Aug 29, 2015,
Quote by MaaZeus
Didnt see this. What Vypyr you have? Unless you only have the 15 watter or such getting a Blackstar modeler is a sidestep in my eyes. In that case I would take the gamble with Bugera if you want a clear improvement without breaking a bank.

*edit* And anyone pissing on Bugera I kindly point to the earlier post about euro being in deep shit currently. Choices are limited for poor folk.
I haven't had a Bugera myself but from what I've seen about their build quality, Bugera is a step back as well. I think investing in a 6505 when TS is able to spend the money on it would be the best bet. And maybe you'll be able to play a gig too. c:
Quote by Will Lane
I haven't had a Bugera myself but from what I've seen about their build quality, Bugera is a step back as well. I think investing in a 6505 when TS is able to spend the money on it would be the best bet. And maybe you'll be able to play a gig too. c:

In build quality department yes, its not an amp you can depend on (always have backup ready if you are gigging player) but they sound more or less just as good as the amp they are cloning. While they are more fragile than Peavey reports of them spontaneously combusting left and right nonstop are bit exaggerated through the internets. If you keep in mind that it is a cheap chinese built amp and if you treat it as such you wont lose your sleep over it IF (thats a big if, not all of them break prematurely) it malfunctions. Just make sure you have a warranty.

Still, I'd keep my eyes on used markets first and hunt down the real thing before resorting to clones.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Aug 29, 2015,
Quote by borus55
i think i just stay with my peavey 30 watt amp

It might be the best option for now
Or i can also just go for the software Bias Positive Grid it has a Peavey 6505 amp too in the software i dont know if thats a good choice
Possibly. I'm skeptical as to how good it REALLY sounds, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. You'd have to get some extra equipment to use it like an amp but it's an option for sure