I want to upgrade the pickups in my Epiphone Wildkat. They are really dark and muddy sounding. I know about the wiring deal and plan on rewiring it. It is mainly the micro-phonic squeal I cannot deal with so I want something with plastic covers. I know people will say just replace the metal cover with plastic, but this is easier said than done considering the neck has wacky pole spacing and the are welded to the pickup. Any suggestions preferable from someone has done it and it worked out to be an improvement. So far I have heard good things about GFS that they fit good-any truth to this?
I haven't tried the GFS dogear, but I do have several of their pickups and they are all quite nice and at the price you really can't go wrong. I would deff give them a try if I needed some based on my other experiences with their other pickups.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Rockbly
in the Seymour Duncan range

hit these guys up with an email and they will custom make you whatever it is that you want and they are fairly reasonable for custom winds
www.creamery-pickups.co.uk/custom-handwound-pickups-from-the-creamery/custom-handwound-replacement-p90-pickups.html#custom-hum-cancelling-designs

Sheptone is also worth a look.

But if your not on a tight budget then get something other than GFS. And I really like GFS if your on a strict budget
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have some Creamery pickups, and they're suh-WEET!

But they're pricier than SDs.

If they're acceptable, though, also check out Vintage Vibe. I have some of his as well, and would consider them essentially equal in quality.

Rio Grandes would also be a good option.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 29, 2015,
I haven't tried the wildkat, but I've come across this article before:

http://www.award-session.com/pdfs/Epiphone%20WildKat%20Tone%20Mods.pdf

Might be worth a read. Apparently the stock wiring in the Wildkat really sucks treble.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?