So I bought my first classical guitar the other day. It's a dirt cheap one from Thomann I got for just a few bars of recording in one of my songs. One of the first things I noticed when I tuned it up was that it doesn't stay in tune for more than a minute before going flat.

I thought I should give it a few days for the seemingly truss rod-less neck to settle into standard tuning and so lowered the saddle (which was way too high), tuned it up and left it. Now - a few days later - it's still not staying in tune.

I'm wondering if the (probably shit) factory strings are causing it to go flat? Should I just take them off and replace them with the Pyramid set I have?

Any advice is appreciated!
Classicals have the large cylinders that the strings wind up on. You probably need more winding on the cylinders to keep the winds from slipping. Much more than with steel strings. The same "lockover" method used on steel string posts on the first turns of the windings helps keep the strings from slipping as well. Other than that check for play in the tuning gears.
Firstly it's a good idea to change the strings anyway - the factory fitted strings have probably been on the guitar for ages.

Secondly, string up using this method:

https://www.taylorguitars.com/sites/default/files/Nylon_Restring.pdf

Thirdly, remember that nylon strings take quite some time to settle down - 3 or 4 days is not unusual - and even when they do settle they still need more retuning than steel strings.
Quote by CorrosionMedia
So I bought my first classical guitar the other day. It's a dirt cheap one from Thomann I got for just a few bars of recording in one of my songs. One of the first things I noticed when I tuned it up was that it doesn't stay in tune for more than a minute before going flat.

I thought I should give it a few days for the seemingly truss rod-less neck to settle into standard tuning and so lowered the saddle (which was way too high), tuned it up and left it. Now - a few days later - it's still not staying in tune.

I'm wondering if the (probably shit) factory strings are causing it to go flat? Should I just take them off and replace them with the Pyramid set I have?

Any advice is appreciated!

Is it too late to bring the guitar back? You have a lemon - the first thing you need to check when you buy a guitar is :

1) does it stay in tune
2) does it play in tune? - i.e. does it have good intonation

A guitar that fails either of those requirements is a useless piece of wood. Buy a Yamaha next time.