So I've been on and off of UG over the years but I finished some guitars earlier this year and never did an album, and I'm a little more active recently so I figured I'd post up some pictures, just because I'm one of those people who can't get enough of building and/or watching others build guitars, and I know there's plenty of people out their like me. Seeing other peoples craftsmanship, the way they build, tips and tricks that can be learned, and seeing completely unique shapes and ideas come together. I'm a bit of an amateur hobby builder, although I would like to get into a guitar related career, be it based on playing, tech and repair work, or custom shop building when I'm a little more confident in my skills.
Any ways I built two guitars so I'll post some pics of the process. First off a little run-down of the specs, Both are Alder bodies, with birdseye maple necks, quilted maple tops, and 25" scale ziricote fretboards. The mockingbird has a hipshot baby grand bridge, tusq xl 1-11/16 nut, medium frets, gotoh mini tuners, 2 500k bourns volume pots and Reilander p90 pickups in humbucker cases (they sound great by the way).
The "infinity" as I call it (which is of my own design but obviously inspired by Jackson guitars) has a FU Tone locking trem, 1-11/16 locking nut, medium frets, gotoh mini tuners, and Dimarzio PAF 36th anniversary humbuckers, with a 6 position freeway switch for neck bridge both in humbucker and coil split modes.

Here's the mockingbird aka "Yoda"

And the Infinity

Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust

Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust

Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust

Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust

Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust

Yoda

Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Last edited by Ethanb08 at Aug 29, 2015,

Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust

Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Holy crap that was a lot of pics. AWESOME..... looks great. How do they play?
96 MIJ Jackson
Charvel DC 1 FR
PRS SE Custom 24
Yamaha FG730S
DIY acoustic
DIY mockingbird
Peavey classic 50 2x12
excellent work there
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by eoj02
Holy crap that was a lot of pics. AWESOME..... looks great. How do they play?

They play pretty good, the neck on the mockingbird is probably the best feeling neck I've ever made, I typically build asymmetrical necks just cause I like the feel and I really found my balance on the mockingbird, and the infinity is pretty close. Plus the infinity I just love to play, I play it all the time now, its hard to put down, having the 6 position freeway switch with coil taping gives a lot of tonal versatility. I run them through the reinhardt 18 and they clean up great with the volume down, especially the infinity.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by MrMetalLover
Great work there. How long did this all take you to do?

Well some of the stuff I did in a cabinet shop while I worked in one, but then I got another job else where and they didn't get touched for about a year (on the account of no time) but when I finally got back to building them, which was bulk of the work (cutting, routing, shaping, sanding, and finishing), it only took about a month and a half or so.

I have another build coming up soonish, so hopefully I can cut my build time in half.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust