I just bought a smaller pedalboard and a 5 pedal power supply to set up an additional pedalboard that is smaller than my current one so that I can use it for smaller gigs. I intend to set up a compressor, overdrive, distortion, chorus and delay. I have set up my mind on the TC Corona chorus and on the MXR ZW-44 overdrive. I am not sure yet on the others.

I use a Dynacomp on my other pedalboard and a Rat. I was wondering if you could suggest a decent replacement for these pedal. Preferably not exceeding the other pedal's budget.
i'd go for a keeley compressor and earthquaker disaster transport delay if it's in budget
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
The Keeley is not really in the budget. I would like to keep the comp and distortion together under 200
comp and a distortion both for 200 or less huh? Well there is the super comp but if you want to try something from another company, you can try the Electro-Harmonix Nano Soul, it's around the same price range as the Dyna.
For distortion you could go with the classic Boss DS-1, it's affordable and can be modded quit a bit. Another option that's pricier is the MXR M78, and the Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff which has a top boost. I've used the metal muff before and it's decent for the price, you can really shape your tone but if you have an already bright guitar, the top boost will just make it sound super shrill. If you want a classic thrash/heavy metal tone, the metal muff does that quite well, noisy as hell though even for a distortion pedal.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
TrueTone makes the Route 66 V3, which is a Comp/OD combo pedal:
http://truetone.com/v3-series/route-66/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by LightxGrenade
comp and a distortion both for 200 or less huh? Well there is the super comp but if you want to try something from another company, you can try the Electro-Harmonix Nano Soul, it's around the same price range as the Dyna.
For distortion you could go with the classic Boss DS-1, it's affordable and can be modded quit a bit. Another option that's pricier is the MXR M78, and the Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff which has a top boost. I've used the metal muff before and it's decent for the price, you can really shape your tone but if you have an already bright guitar, the top boost will just make it sound super shrill. If you want a classic thrash/heavy metal tone, the metal muff does that quite well, noisy as hell though even for a distortion pedal.

Yes I was thinking about a DS-1 or something EHX. I am not really after a metal sound, but I like quite a bit of gain for solos, something almost like a fuzz but I have just tried the big muff and its not my thing. Any thoughts about the DOD 280 comp? I have the digitech main squeeze but it eats away my tone.
I use a compressor to make my cleans "shiny" and as a clean boost, not sure how you use one but I really dig my Biyang CO-8. The housing is metal but it does feel kinda cheap but it sounds awesome and and its really quiet. I've only used a couple other compressors but I was disappointed in the others whereas the Biyang is exactly what I wanted out of a compressor. And they only cost ~$40 new.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
just get another rat or one of the many clones. if you know you like it i'm not sure there's much point in getting something different for the sake of it. a ds1 doesn't really sound the same.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Gab_Azz
Yes I was thinking about a DS-1 or something EHX. I am not really after a metal sound, but I like quite a bit of gain for solos, something almost like a fuzz but I have just tried the big muff and its not my thing. Any thoughts about the DOD 280 comp? I have the digitech main squeeze but it eats away my tone.

The DOD looks pretty good, I've never tried it so I can't comment on personal experience with it. But you gotta like the true bypass it offers so that's a plus.

Another company you might be interested in is Xotic Effects. I use their EP booster to cut through the mix, it really impressed me how this one little pedal made my lead work stand out so much more. Check out the SL Drive and SP Compressor when you have a chance. Plus, you can't beat the size of these things, super sturdy but super small, a real space saver on a pedal board.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)