Poll: Yes or no?
Poll Options
View poll results: Yes or no?
Yes
4 31%
No
9 69%
Voters: 13.
Should the new year begin when Spring arrives? The season of new life. Instead of in December when everything is still dying. It's the cycle. Why in the hell does a new year begin when the winter is still blowing in.
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
Because it's closer to Jesus' birthday

Ignoring the fact that he was never born on December 25th.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
That's a good point and I'll enthusiastically sign your change.org petition.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I find Spring a little odd seeing as how it's sometimes colder and more lifeless than in Winter. Here is where I avoid going on a long 'discussion' about time and our perception >_>
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE at #33574712
Because it's closer to Jesus' birthday

Ignoring the fact that he was never born on December 25th.

has nothing to do with it

the whole western world was running on the julian calendar well before jesus' birthday was declared to be celebrated in tandem with the winter solstice

Regarding OP. The Roman calendar originally did start the new year with spring. But the Roman calendar wasn't entirely accurate, so it was adjusted into the Julian calendar, which received further refinement to the Gregorian calendar (a very minor shift)

I'm sure there's a Wikipedia article on it or something.
Quote by Weaponized
I go by the Chinese calendar personally

There is only one calendar, Glorious Calendar of Democratic Peoples Republic of North Korea.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Amuro Jay at #33574754

the whole western world was running on the julian calendar well before jesus' birthday was declared to be celebrated in tandem with the winter solstice

I wasn't being serious.

I know that the Julian calendar was a thing before jeebus
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Amuro Jay

Regarding OP. The Roman calendar originally did start the new year with spring. But the Roman calendar wasn't entirely accurate, so it was adjusted into the Julian calendar, which received further refinement to the Gregorian calendar (a very minor shift)

I'm sure there's a Wikipedia article on it or something.

Appreciate this post. Thanks.
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
But when everywhere is cold and dull, in that time when you celebrate New Year the surroundings become more beautiful and brighter.
Have to start by defining Spring, in a way that the definition applies globally.

Good luck with that.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Have to start by defining Spring, in a way that the definition applies globally.

Good luck with that.

The first time I sneeze in March because of ****ing pollen.
Quote by ultimate-slash
The first time I sneeze in March because of ****ing pollen.

If I was you, I'd stop ****ing pollen.
Quote by Diemon Dave
tbh yeah spring does make sense for the new year.

Quote by chrismendiola at #33574749
Why is Sunday part of the weekend and the beginning of each week? Makes you think.

it makes more sense starting with monday like most places. I always think of monday as the first day and confuse myself.
Is the calendar even originally based on seasons? Anyone below the Northern hemisphere's gonna find this confusing as hell.

^ Over here the weekend's Fri/Sat, it makes sense that Sunday's the first day of the week.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33577232
Is the calendar even originally based on seasons? Anyone below the Northern hemisphere's gonna find this confusing as hell.

^ Over here the weekend's Fri/Sat, it makes sense that Sunday's the first day of the week.

oh yeah I know they do it that way there. it's the same in the US (for different but similar reasons).

with the southern hemisphere thing it'd still be beginning with a season at least but yeah good point like it matters lol.
Quote by slipknot5678
oh yeah I know they do it that way there. it's the same in the US (for different but similar reasons).

with the southern hemisphere thing it'd still be beginning with a season at least but yeah good point like it matters lol.

What about those places that just have a wet season and a dry season?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33577251
What about those places that just have a wet season and a dry season?

I live in one of those places and usually idk what day it is so it's not like this would affect me in any way.