Page 1 of 2
what's your vocal range? ive been fooling around a bit and my range is a comfortable D2-C4 bass range. my voice starts to sound like shit around F3 really but whatever. E2-C3 is my speaking range.
pinga
I did this once with wwf but I can't remember the results.
Pretty good though because I have a deep voice.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
from some low thing to a higher thing
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I actually did an assignment on this once.

I can go down to F#2 and up to Bb6 (the high note in Bohemian Rhapsody)

As a disclaimer, this range is just tones I can produce, and not necessarily things I can sing in a musical context. That Bb6 hurts like hell. Likewise, the F#2 and most tones around it are pretty shit quality but I mean I can make the noise
I've hit G5 full voice a few times before, as far as I know, that's the highest note I can hit. That's on good days, though, and I have little control getting into that 5. I've gotten better with control now that I've cut sugary carbonated drinks. It also doesn't sound great, so it's not something I do unless I'm messing about my vocal range. I don't know about falsetto.

Left my masculinity at the door.
Free Ali
EDIT: ^ can do the really high falsetto note in tiptoe through the tulips

If I really try, I can hit the 7th octave, can't remember which note, but it's hard and loud as hell. Can go low as 2nd octave singing, again forget note.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Aug 30, 2015,
will never understand how dudes can hit notes that high. my voice gets incredibly thin after something as average as an F3 and it just sounds like im straining at C4 and anything above
pinga
I've just recently become interested in learning to sing so I don't know it exactly, but I have been told that my range is good. I can go averagely low for a girl in my singing voice (lower when speaking) and reeeeeaaaally high for both speaking and singing.
cat
when I use to sing I was comfortable F to F - two octaves, as in the 1st fret on the lowest and highest string on the guitar, and then I could do about another octave and a half falsetto.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
My range is similar to TS's. The lowest note I can hit is E2, I'm not exactly sure on the highest. My voice starts getting shaky above G3 or so - I can go a little higher, but it's shit. I've started trying to work on singing a little bit here and there, but I haven't put as much time into it as I should.

not counting falsetto by the way. I can get fairly high with falsetto, but I can't control it very well.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Aug 30, 2015,
I would actually like to start singing more often. But my voice is really low and I wish I could hit higher notes.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
E2 to E4 fairly comfortably, A5 on a good day, mixed voice/ falsetto I think I can hit an F5. My lower octave I dont control very well, as with notes above D4 or so. My falsetto doesnt extend very far above my normal range without sounding gross
bout a G note for lead ,on harmonies I can go a lot higher ,where the timbre doesn't have to be great ,used to sing harmony on the bridge of wildest dreams by the moody blues .It felt like a hernia .
Last edited by yope at Aug 30, 2015,
Quote by Pastafarian96
EDIT: ^ can do the really high falsetto note in tiptoe through the tulips

If I really try, I can hit the 7th octave, can't remember which note, but it's hard and loud as hell. Can go low as 2nd octave singing, again forget note.

I should note that I cannot sing in the 5th and low 6th octave

there is literally no way I've found to manipulate my vocal cords to sing in that range.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96

there is literally no way I've found to manipulate my vocal cords to sing in that range.

That doesnt sound healthy
Full range: Gb2 to G#5.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33575090

Let me qualify my statement as well. I can sing in the 5th octave (lower half), but I have way less control so I can't do riffs or vibrato, or any other special inflections too well. I can only belt like that for some time before my voice starts to break.
Free Ali
I can do vibrato on any note I can sing but sometimes it sounds silly

I dabble in screaming and I even by habit accidentally vibrato screams lmao
I think it's from somewhere around D2 to F#5 or something like that, G5 on a good day. It's been a month or two since I sat down at a full keyboard to check though, so I feel like I may be off an octave or two on either end. I know it's something like that though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Highest note in headvoice is G5 on a good day, on an average day it's an F#5. My headvoice and falsetto range cross so I don't use falsetto, pretty sure I could go higher with falsetto though. I can sing a G3 too although it's hard to sound good until a C3. Low chest voice notes are shaky.
i am not a good singer, and i have a poor range. i swear i don't have much over an octave. its relatively low in frequency though.

its just not my thing. honestly i haven't ever worked on it though. no desire.

FWIW i really like Chris Cornello's range in Audioslave (especially on their first album). he is insanely talented IMHO.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Lowest: generally C2, but I can stretch it to a B when I'm warmed up.
Highest: no idea what exact note, but I know I can sing two octaves higher than my low C + a handful of other notes (probably another half octave).
Quote by slapsymcdougal
What the hell is this, ultimate-bufties-who-give-a-shit-about-singing.com?

Yeah, what site did you think you were on?
I have no idea what my vocal range is and I doubt I'll ever find out because I don't sing and fully intend on getting through life without ever singing
I have nothing important to say
G2 - C5 + some notes after c5 that i have to really strain to get. (Without Falsetto)
I'm a "Baritenor" My upper range sounds like a tenor and lower range as baritone.
Quote by one vision

You wouldn't dance to a metronome.

On meth you would.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I sing all songs in the key of "jesus christ make it stop".

Straight, flat, or sharp?
absolute highest I hit was D6 but that's not something I could do most of the time. on most days usually around F-F#-G5 and even those three notes are kind of hard now. I need to practice a lot more tbh I'm naturally ****ed and I still sound bad. I pretty much don't gaf about extending my range anymore though.

Quote by WCPhils at #33575050
I would actually like to start singing more often. But my voice is really low and I wish I could hit higher notes.

there's this weird obsession with high notes that I used to be guilty of. I thought my voice was too low or something and when I was told my voice is high for a male that made me really happy. but now idgaf and it's all just about making your voice sound good you know? plus my talking voice is high and nasally you don't want that shit. with a low voice it'll just sound cooler and more 'falsettoish' when you go into the tenor ranges. even if they aren't as high they sound like they are and in a much better way probably.
Page 1 of 2