Hi peoples of the forums, I just finished mixing this yesterday and would like to know if you enjoy it I will listen to something of yours too.
Click me!
Haha! Sweet!

I was not expecting that synth sound to come in after the intro. It's a very unusual sound (a little reminiscent of Kovenant in some ways) but works really well. It's cool to see that sort of sound being melted into a metal track (with great success in my opinion).

Your guitar work is pretty damn good - the rhythm barrels along nicely and the lead work is clean and clear.

I think the snare sound during the clean guitar break down doesnt fit too well. It sounds like a guy absolutely leathering the snare, where the track seems to call for something a little more gentle. I also thought kick and snare could do with being a bit higher in the mix in the other areas, but I'm that kind of person who likes a very drum driven sound.

I like the way you have kept the bass nicely up in the mix (I dont like it getting buried) but I wondered whether it was a touch too high.

Anyway, ignoring the above suggestions/observations, I thought this sounded very well played, recorded and mixed. It was very enjoyable to listen to.

Cheers
This is really cool man, Love the synth in there it gives the music a new dynamic, and I like that a lot! There is a lot to take in with the track as it always seems to change but for a instrumental that is what you want, to keep the listener interested! great playing and a quality recorded instrumental! Also the I really enjoy the atmosphere around this track around the 3:15 mark.

C4C mine here man! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1686001
Man i love the way this song flows. your description cracked me up too. The texture to the song is very individual, and i would want to hear a super eccentric vocalist with this music. sounds really unique and its fun to listen too. your softer sections really compliment the heavy riffing, really cool stuff

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1685927
Last edited by collinmasteller at Aug 31, 2015,
Quote by RabidBadger
Haha! Sweet!

I was not expecting that synth sound to come in after the intro. It's a very unusual sound (a little reminiscent of Kovenant in some ways) but works really well. It's cool to see that sort of sound being melted into a metal track (with great success in my opinion).

Your guitar work is pretty damn good - the rhythm barrels along nicely and the lead work is clean and clear.

I think the snare sound during the clean guitar break down doesnt fit too well. It sounds like a guy absolutely leathering the snare, where the track seems to call for something a little more gentle. I also thought kick and snare could do with being a bit higher in the mix in the other areas, but I'm that kind of person who likes a very drum driven sound.

I like the way you have kept the bass nicely up in the mix (I dont like it getting buried) but I wondered whether it was a touch too high.

Anyway, ignoring the above suggestions/observations, I thought this sounded very well played, recorded and mixed. It was very enjoyable to listen to.

Cheers

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Now I have to tell you how I made the final mix Basically I came home around 4 am and felt like the drums weren't as massive as they could be, so I made everything else quieter by about 1db and =>export. I just wanted to release it and see how people relate to it.
I'm new to synth sounds too, but these work well in the mix. There's two synths with the same note data, one's on the left channel around 70% and the other is in the right and is one octave above the first one.
That clean part .. the snare is so out of place it's not even funny xDD but it is, thanks for pointing that out and for replying in general. You can PM me if you've got some songs of your own I can listen to
Pk94,
I'm into synths, though I have mixed feelings on the intro synth fitting the style of the song intro (the intro synth sounds more like an electronic dance music sound to me). Soon thereafter, the synths fit very well I think. All of the guitar riffs & playing are quite good. Drums are OK overall, could be better though. I like the way the cymbals fade in at times though. Nice tune! Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1685622
I remember listening to this track the other day.

'tis a cool mix of metal and synths - the synths really add to the power of the piece. Cool writing as well - lots of interesting, ear-catching ideas in there. It's a well arranged track with a good amount of variety and flow also.
Nice playing as well and as far as sound production goes it all is sounding good to me - all the instruments sound well balanced and distinguishable.

I enjoyed listening, it definitely has replay-ability value, I would say.

Cool work, keep doing your thing man.

If you're interested, here's my latest track: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1686205