So I've been playing on and off with many different musicians and have written about an entire album worth of material. I would like to get to the next stage in my musical career, but I cant get people to play the other instruments for a band? What should I do?
There's no way around it - you need to find a band. If you have money, hire a band.
Quote by Jadams12
So I've been playing on and off with many different musicians and have written about an entire album worth of material. I would like to get to the next stage in my musical career, but I cant get people to play the other instruments for a band? What should I do?

If you want additional input, try joining soundcloud. There are a LOAD of musicians on tap. That can help you push yourself, until you find what you;re looking for.
Quote by Jadams12

If you're looking to perform live, you need a band. If you just want to record the material, it's possible to do it yourself if you're clever about it.
Well you don't NEED a band.

There's plenty of more "band" type acts (Owen and early IIOI come to mind) where the live act is just one dude with an acoustic, and the studio stuff is a full group.

But that's pretty damn hard to pull off.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
What instrument do you play? If it's only bass or drums, you probably do need other musicians, but if you play guitar or piano your songs should work with just that.

Obviously it's nice to have a backing band... I'm wondering why you "can't get people to play the other instruments", when you say you've been playing with other musicians. What's wrong with them? Not good enough? Too busy or expensive? Moved too far away? Wrong style? Too old or ugly? They hate you? They're a bunch of assholes?

If you just want to record your songs, then - as Carson says - it's perfectly possible with modern technology to set up acceptable backing tracks; although if you're not too tech savvy it can be a tough learning curve, and maybe expensive (although not more expensive than hiring good backing musicians).
The simplest way is to get a looper. Works for Ed Sheeran and K T Tunstall.
There are plenty of guys who record albums by themselves (Shades of black is just one guy, plays guitar and bass and programs the drums), and it is possible to play live (Charlie Parra Del Riego played with just a backing track before he got a band.) It's much harder to pull off though, and if you really want to go far, you're going to need a band.