Wassup UG'ers! Been a long-time user of Ultimate Guitar, only recently have I actually registered an account and thought to get involved in the forums. Here's a series of threads that's I've done on other message boards in the past. Sometimes successfully, sometimes not so much. If it takes off I'd like to go in some obscure directions and consider random topics, and considering this website encompasses all musical genres, there's endless possibilities. But for the first few editions, we'll stick to the simple, more obvious topics.

So with that said, welcome to "Pick Only One".

We'll start with the most obvious topic of them all. Your favourite band or artist.

The rules are simple (as if the name of the thread doesn't give it away);

No runners up.

No second best.

No honorable mentions.

No joint firsts.

No "I couldn't decide between...".

This is the thread series where we separate the boys from the men (or the girls from the women), where you have to suck it up, grow a pair (or don't), and pick only one answer.

*Terms and conditions apply. Anyone who violates these rules will be prosecuted.

Despite my username, my favourite band is actually Dream Theater.

Dream Theatre

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Alter Bridge
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
jimi hendrix or maybe Deep Purple tomorrow it could be someone else. never was one to follow rules.
Who the hell does TS think he is that he can just come into our house like this.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Who the hell does TS think he is that he can just come into our house like this.
Yeah. He needs at least 50 comments before he goes around making threads.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Agh, I can't decide. It's either Blood On the Dance Floor or Meshuggah. A close second would be Katy Perry. Honorable mentions: Hall & Oates, Demi Lovato, and Tommy Emannuel.
Free Ali
Down.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Serious answer: I guess Silverstein.
If bands that broke up still count, I'd have a serious debate with myself between them and Armor For Sleep.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Hermann Szobel has impressed me more than any other musician ever. His one album is perfect to me. I've listened to it so many times and will so many more. However I don't think I could only listen to one album the rest of my life, i would go insane. If this question was what artist could you listen to for the rest of you life and only that one artist, I would probably pick... Buckethead, I would have like 400 albums to listen to lol
Sergei Sergeyevich Prokofiev, if I have to pick just one.
"If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
Lewis Carroll