Hi there!

I own a ID:60 TVP amp and i am very happy with it, but now when i started playing in a full band it's just a little bit to quiet, i have to crank it and still it's bearly audible.

So my question, is it possible to connect it to a HT408 speaker cabinet, or any other speaker cabinet?
Simply put, use the ID:60's head as a top box.

If i solder a cable that goes from the "head" on the ID:60 to the ID:60's speaker and to the HT408, will the ID:60 cope with powering all the speakers,
will it sound good?

Grateful for answers, and excuse for my poor english.
Quote by sandin05
Hi there!

I own a ID:60 TVP amp and i am very happy with it, but now when i started playing in a full band it's just a little bit to quiet, i have to crank it and still it's bearly audible.

So my question, is it possible to connect it to a HT408 speaker cabinet, or any other speaker cabinet?
Simply put, use the ID:60's head as a top box.

If i solder a cable that goes from the "head" on the ID:60 to the ID:60's speaker and to the HT408, will the ID:60 cope with powering all the speakers,
will it sound good?

Grateful for answers, and excuse for my poor english.

No don't do that.

You need a new amp is what it seems like. For now raise your amp up off the ground and get it as close to your ears as possible. a chair is a good cheap way to do this.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
pretty sure the ID 60 have a speaker output on the back?? (I think the one I played had a cable from the speaker plugged into the output) .... if it does then yes an cab that is 4ohms or more should be fine plugged into it. I wouldn't get the 408 though..I had one one it isn't very loud. I would look for a 2x12 and go from there
Quote by sytharnia1560
pretty sure the ID 60 have a speaker output on the back?? (I think the one I played had a cable from the speaker plugged into the output) .... if it does then yes an cab that is 4ohms or more should be fine plugged into it. I wouldn't get the 408 though..I had one one it isn't very loud. I would look for a 2x12 and go from there

Quote by owner's handbook I got off the website, page 10
2. Speaker Outputs
ID:60TVP, ID:100TVP
There are two parallel speaker outputs for connecting external speaker cabinets.
The minimum load is 4 Ohms.
WARNING:
The combined impedance must never be less than 4 Ohms (e.g. 1 x 4
Ohm cabinet, or 2 x 8 Ohm cabinets). Failure to correctly match the impedance of
the amplifier and speakers will damage the amplifier.
Plus other stuff.

Guessing the 2x12 would be first stop.

You could also run it throguh a PA from the emulated output, though it will probably sound like all kinds of ass.
Quote by sandin05
i have to crank it and still it's bearly audible.

Simply adding another speaker cabinet is unlikely to help you.
Last edited by dspellman at Sep 1, 2015,
Thanks for all the answers!

So what do i do, i got some ambiguous response.

Maybe i'll just take it to my local guitar center and try plug it to some of their cabinets and hear how it sounds.

I hope for success since i like the amp itself, and i could invest the money i save by not bying an new amp for a new guitar instead.
Last edited by sandin05 at Sep 1, 2015,
Quote by sytharnia1560

No
The total load can be 4ohms that means the internal speaker is probably 8ohms which means the external cab would need to be 8ohms. But TS needs to read up on that to make sure
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
No
The total load can be 4ohms that means the internal speaker is probably 8ohms which means the external cab would need to be 8ohms. But TS needs to read up on that to make sure

not sure I follow ... judging by this picture ( https://kitarablogi.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/blackstar-id60-tvp-e28093-speaker-output.jpg ....speaker wire goes into the cab not to an external speaker) you can't run an external speaker at the same time as the internal one?? so surely you could run a cab that is wired to 4ohms
Last edited by sytharnia1560 at Sep 2, 2015,
Quote by dspellman
Simply adding another speaker cabinet is unlikely to help you.

I don't know man when I had my HT5 head I ran it into a 408 (4x8 blaskstar cab) at home but when I jammed with a band I hooked it up to a 4x12 and without touching any volume knobs it was massively louder....kept up with the drummer easily
Quote by sytharnia1560
not sure I follow ... judging by this picture ( https://kitarablogi.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/blackstar-id60-tvp-e28093-speaker-output.jpg ....speaker wire goes into the cab not to an external speaker) you can't run an external speaker at the same time as the internal one?? so surely you could run a cab that is wired to 4ohms

OK, I thought you were talking about it having 2 speaker jacks. so yes unplugging the internal speaker you can run a single 4ohm cab.

But unless the speakers are quite a bit more efficient there isn't going to be a lot of extra volume. by doubling the speaker area (with the same speakers/efficiency) you get roughly 3dB volume boost.

Bottom line the ID60 is not enough amp for TS, putting it closer to ear level is the easiest, safest and cheapest ways to be heard a little better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate