1 8%
Opeth
7 54%
Mastodon
7 54%
Fallujah
2 15%
Voters: 13.
What is the best progressive metal band of the decade, vote now, leave why in the comments below.
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Tool
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Such a huge question, and we have only 4 possible answers? There are better prog bands out there IMO.
Leprous
Gear:

Ibanez S420 > Boss TU-3 > Crybaby > Ibanez TS9 > Marshall Shredmaster > EHX Big Muff Pi > TC Alter Ego X4 > Peavey VK 112
Definitely not Opeth.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Out of those 4 options, Mastodon. They consistently show they know how to deliver the goods, album after album.

Opeth were on a good track to become the best progressive metal band for my tastes until "Heritage" and "Pale Communion", when they lost their originality and let the old prog-rock influences take over.

But right now I'd bet on Soen.
Fantastic band, they have Opeth's best drummer (Martin Lopez), and their lead singer is absolutely perfect IMHO, it sounds like a mix of Maynard James Keenan and Mikael Åkerfeldt to me.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman

Opeth were on a good track to become the best progressive metal band for my tastes until "Heritage" and "Pale Communion", when they lost their originality and let the old prog-rock influences take over.

Agreed. Their albums before those two were magic and ironically more progressive than when they tried to be more "prog." It has nothing to do with Mikael quitting the death metal vocals either.

As for the other options, I've tried to listen to Mastadon but I just can't. Haven't tried the other two either.

So I'd say in the last decade Enslaved is the best progressive METAL band out there.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Animals as Leaders, if only cuz they're actually innovating things. Some other reasons: Effective use of ERG's, new/interesting guitar techniques each release, very beautiful melodic passages.

Enslaved, possibly.. but In Times isn't quite as good as the previous 3 albums.

I was considering Fallujah but AAL just inches ahead.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american