Hey folks,

So after many a years of six string wankery I'm starting to write more and more from a rhytm standpoint. Because of this I'm buying a bass (Sterling Sub RAY 4).

Obviously playing a bass through a guitar amp (in this case a Line 6 Spyder IV 120w ) may damage it or at least sound incredibly muddy and allround

As the title states: can I play bass through a guitar amp if I use headphones? At least until I find either a physical or digital solution.

Cheers,

Dex
i think so (but don't quote me on it). normally people say the speakers are the big problem with playing bass through a guitar amp. but wait till someone else who knows for sure can answer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That amp has more than enough headroom to play bass on it comfortably in your house. Just avoid turning it up all the way.

Fun note: I've played an outdoor gig on bass through a line 6 spider IV 150w head, turning it up past halfway, and I've had no issues
Peavey 6505+ Head (Left)
Line 6 Spider IV HD150 Head (Right)
Marshall 1960A 4x12
ESP DV-8
Ibanez RG T42DX
Agile Hornet Pro 727
There are a number of really sophisticated headphone amps out there (I mentioned the Korg Pandora PX5D and the Mini in another thread). This thing is actually about the size of a pack of cigarettes, but has a LOT of practice bits and pieces, such as a tuner, metronome, bass and drum lines, phrase trainer, slower-downer, pitch changer and a ton of amps/cabs/FX built in.

In addition, the Bass Pod XT is a great buy used for bass practice through a headphone OR for running direct into a powered speaker or PA mixer. The Pod X3 has all of the bass amps/cabs from the Bass Pod XT as well. You can find the Bass XT for around $80 used. Amps, Cabs, FX, the whole shot.

Last edited by dspellman at Aug 31, 2015,