After asking about what guitars I should consider at the beginning of the summer in this thread, I finally made my decision.

I've spent the last few months trying out guitar after guitar, and I was struck by one in particular. Trying it on a few different occasions at the local Guitar Center, I bit the bullet and purchased it today. To my surprise, it's a 2013 model that was still new at it's price was dropped by $500.

I introduce to you, my new 2013 Fender American Standard Stratocaster:

(Pics are in attachments. Photobucket is being a PITA and won't let me sign into my account)

The Specs on the Beauty:

Ash body
Maple neck/Rosewood fingerboard
HSS pickups with Shawbucker and two Fender custom-shop single coils
Sienna Sunburst
2-point Vibrato System

The Review:

I can't believe this has been sitting at my local GC for almost 2 years, and it was dropped to $1k with a case. I actually really like how the neck feels on this. Out of the couple American Strats that I've tried, this one if the most comfortable for me to play. As a whole, the guitar is comfortable to play both sitting down and standing up.

The pickups sound lovely threw my Vintage Modern. On the Hi-gain setting, the guitar really pushes the amp to get a nice crunch while being able to roll-off a bit to get some cleaner sounds. On the Low-gain setting, it sounds lovely and gives off a crystal clear clean tone. There is the slightest amount of that "Fender 60-cycle hum" present due to it not being the the noiseless set like in their American Deluxes. The hum can be fixed with my NS-2 and potentially shielding the pickup cavity.

I'll definitely have to get more time with it so I can develop an even better opinion of this amazing guitar. So far, I do love it. The only thing I'd change about this guitar is going in and shielding the pickup cavity and possibly adding in a treble-bleed if it doesn't already have one.

Edit: I was filling out the Owner's Registration card, and it was asking for a Model/Part number as well as a Serial Number. I easily found the serial number on the back, but I don't know what the Model Number is. Any clues?
Attachments:
Body Shot 2.jpg
Magazine Cover 2.jpg
Chillin' in the Case 2.jpg
Case Candy 2.jpg
Skip the username, call me Billy
Last edited by aerosmithfan95 at Aug 31, 2015,
Not sure about the model number

Looks sweet (as far as I can see, those attachments are teeny )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
HNGD, and a good deal to boot!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Dave: Yeah, I had to keep making them smaller because they were too big a file size

K33nbl4d3: Thank you!

Danny: I know! I had to buy it yesterday, because I was paranoid that somewhat else might snag it up for that kind of deal.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Last edited by aerosmithfan95 at Sep 1, 2015,