After Half a Decade of wait from them! We are finally getting an amazing Album from them! Lets make em' Reach a Million Sales within 24 hours!

#AMillionMaidens
#PreOrderNow

Order and Post an image over here. And tell us why you love them and why they are so special for you!

Well, i remember when i was a kid and used to wear their shirts, they are one of the main reasons why i even picked up a guitar!
I've only heard Speed of light so far from it and to be honest I didn't think it was all that. The main riff is okay but the lyrics are weak.

I'll still probably get the album though as I'm a huge Maiden fan. Brave New World was the last decent album they did IMO
GUITAR COMPANIES - Contact me if you'd like to sponsor my signature!
Quote by Matriani
I've only heard Speed of light so far from it and to be honest I didn't think it was all that. The main riff is okay but the lyrics are weak.

I'll still probably get the album though as I'm a huge Maiden fan. Brave New World was the last decent album they did IMO

To be precise, i've got hold of the album (Just gave me for a couple of hours) through a contact of mine (Distributor) and my favorite songs were -
Empire of the clouds (to prove my truth, the lyrics starts at 2:05 in my version, its an 18 min long masterpiece)
Starting like -
To ride the storm to an empire of the clouds....
The Red and the Black (Pace starting at 00:29 sec)
The Book of Souls (Guitar rhythm/power chords at 00:52)
Maiden lyrics are fine

Infinite Dreams

Dunno if I should buy the new one...
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by korinaflyingv
About 90% of Maiden lyrics are weak as hell, don't think anyone listens to them for the lyrics.

^This

I actually prefer the Di'Anno stuff for the sole reason that it's harder to hear what he's saying so you don't realise how crap it is. The conviction in Bruce's voice as he wails "he died of fever in Babylon" is the reason I can hardly listen to them anymore.

That and the fact that there's barely any variation in their entire Bruce catalogue whatsoever.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner was decent as unnecessarily long songs go, and Paschendale was an alright effort to be fair, but I doubt they can pull off 18 minutes without it getting dull; none of the long tracks on AMoLaD deserved to be that long. Final Frontier I don't even know, I got it the day before official release from a Dutch record store, and I listened to it maybe 3 times through.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Already got it Preordered, coming on release. Been hearing good things.

Speed Of Light is a grower IMO. Just hate the compression on it. Hope the albums not like it.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Only listened to their last album once or twice, and I haven't really listened to them at all since my sophomore year of high school.
Maybe i'll give this one a listen when it comes out. Ain't paying for it tho.
Quote by institutions at #33577202
Ain't paying for it tho.

What if it's super good
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Well, i believe certain artists should be supported by their fans, do you really want talent-less people like Nicki Minaj and lil' wayne running around in our society?
Quote by ElMaco at #33577436

What if it's super good

If it's super good, then maybe.
If I spent money on every album that i've downloaded, hated, and only listened to once, i'd be living on the street

(There's a good chance I won't spend money on it no matter how good it is though. I haven't paid for music since 2011.)
Quote by varundbest at #33577509
Well, i believe certain artists should be supported by their fans, do you really want talent-less people like Nicki Minaj and lil' wayne running around in our society?

nicki minaj has more talent in her left ass cheek than all of iron maiden put together tbh

Quote by varundbest

If destroying Miley like that (alternatively, Feeling Myself or the verse on Monster, if we're only doing musical examples) doesn't count as talent, I don't know what does.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by korinaflyingv
About 90% of Maiden lyrics are weak as hell, don't think anyone listens to them for the lyrics.

"E equal M C Squared, you can't relate."

That's really ****ing cringy. Love the band, but damn can they get campy.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Sep 1, 2015,
Quote by varundbest

Nicki Minaj can run around my society any time she wants ifyouknowwhatimsayin.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by varundbest at #33577509

How is buying cds supposed to change this exactly?
Quote by MeTallIcA313
How is buying cds supposed to change this exactly?

If you really like Ab artist, you should support him. I'd that wrong? If real music is liked by many then sheeps also creeps in. As we all know, most people just follow the trend.
If not liking old washed up metal bands makes you a sheep, all I gotta say is baaaa.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by varundbest at #33577800
If you really like Ab artist, you should support him. I'd that wrong? If real music is liked by many then sheeps also creeps in. As we all know, most people just follow the trend.

It's good to support artists, but metal is a pretty small niche market compared to pop music. Don't expect to ever see a band like Iron Maiden to be as trendy and popular as Nicki Minaj or lil' Wayne. There's plenty of what you would call "real musicians" popular nowadays too, but a lot of it's watered down to appeal to the masses.
Oh good, the album seems to be up on certain sites already, so I can listen and see if it's worth keeping

EDIT: A 13.5 minute song, a 10.5 minute song, and an 18 minute song. uuuuuu
Last edited by institutions at Sep 1, 2015,
It's good guys.

The compression is wank tho.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by ElMaco
Maiden lyrics are fine

Infinite Dreams

Dunno if I should buy the new one...

That's one of the 10% of songs I think is actually a genuinely good song, love it. It's still almost unbearably cheesy though. Best lyrics are The Clairvoyant "But for all his power, couldn't forsee his own demiiiiiise"

Quote by K33nbl4d3
^This

I actually prefer the Di'Anno stuff for the sole reason that it's harder to hear what he's saying so you don't realise how crap it is. The conviction in Bruce's voice as he wails "he died of fever in Babylon" is the reason I can hardly listen to them anymore.

That and the fact that there's barely any variation in their entire Bruce catalogue whatsoever.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner was decent as unnecessarily long songs go, and Paschendale was an alright effort to be fair, but I doubt they can pull off 18 minutes without it getting dull; none of the long tracks on AMoLaD deserved to be that long. Final Frontier I don't even know, I got it the day before official release from a Dutch record store, and I listened to it maybe 3 times through.

Agreed on all points except I hated Paschendale with a passion. The lack of variation is something I really can't get over now. There are more musical ideas on their debut than the entire of the Bruce catalogue. I can't really listen to AMoLaD anymore which is a shame as I loved it at the time and went to see them play it in its entirety on that tour. I love Different World but the rest ehhhh.

Quote by rockingamer2

Oh god I completely forgot about that one that is literally their worst lyric I think. Even worse than Charlotte the ****ing harlot. Still one of the better songs on that album, they actually broke some musical ground on that one.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Sep 4, 2015,
Having listened to it (I actually listened to it on the same day I last posted), yeah it's okay.
The three long songs bored me, but the others were... just standard Maiden. Yep.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Agreed on all points except I hated Paschendale with a Paschen.

ftfy
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by MinterMan22
nicki minaj has more talent in her left ass cheek than all of iron maiden put together tbh

That's only 'cause she has one huge-ass left ass cheek.

That's all I'm contributing to this thread, as I stopped listening to Iron Maiden in high school, and never became a fan of the "harmonized-melodic-guitar-riff" type of metal. (No offense to them, they are undoubtedly a great band, just not really my thing)

Quote by rockingamer2

You know, if somebody had posted that lyric and said "guess who wrote that" my first guess would have been 50 Cent.

Second guess would have probably been early Eminem.

I would only have said Iron Maiden if I had exhausted the list of all the musicians I know.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Last edited by Krieger91 at Sep 13, 2015,
Quote by institutions
Having listened to it (I actually listened to it on the same day I last posted), yeah it's okay.
The three long songs bored me, but the others were... just standard Maiden. Yep.

Well, I loved the empire of the clouds, the red and the black abd the book of souls and they didn't sound boring to me at all, if those are what you're referring to as they are the lengthiest ones.... But then again, that's just me.
Iron Maiden is good. They've stayed relevant without turning into the self-imitating mess so many bands of their peers became.
Book of Souls and Empire of the Clouds are excellent! Pretty good album overall.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.