Poll: What is the best flag for New Zealand?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is the best flag for New Zealand?
A
11 21%
B
15 28%
C
14 26%
D
13 25%
Voters: 53.
Page 1 of 2
New Zealand unveils flag finalists

New Zealand is allowed to choose a new flag between November 20 and December 11. In March next year they'll choose between the new proposed flag and the old one. If it was up to us on UG, what should be the next flag of New Zealand?

From left to right: A, B, C and D.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Flag should be goatse.

Feel free to add a new design to the table.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
realistically should be the 2nd or 4th one, but i want the 3rd one just because it's a shit design and i have no idea what the relevance is to NZ other than the all blacks which is an awful thing to base your flag on
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
realistically should be the 2nd or 4th one, but i want the 3rd one just because it's a shit design and i have no idea what the relevance is to NZ other than the all blacks which is an awful thing to base your flag on

It's a reference to how human existence is circling the drain.

Or something else entirely.
Quote by Acϵ♠

It looks like something from The Nightmare Before Christmas
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by slapsymcdougal
C cuz it looks like a tribal tattoo.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
None of them adequately represent NZ, as there aren't any sheep being....ahem..."used"...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
is a white & green or white & black? cause if it's green then ew no way but if it's black then ya it's pretty cool
B but make the blue black.

I always felt new zealand should adopt a 'two nations one country' solution to post-colonial bs and that would be a good way of combining both elements I think. as a non-new zealander my opinion is very important.

actually I'm not sure
all of them are pretty horrible imo but im not from new zealand so yeah

with that being said, triband flag best flag

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
actually i changed my mind, flag B is pretty dank

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
lol @ union flag.

imo all four of these are already better than 90% of national flags out there.
B so they'll still have the red, white and blue
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by K'Nuckles at #33577629
Real talk though, A is slick.

I think I'd change my vote to a if I could.
Quote by slipknot5678
lol @ union flag.

imo all four of these are already better than 90% of national flags out there.

their flags all suck though. when canada did the same thing to get away from colonialism we ended up with this

and NZ could have topped us with this beautiful creation

A, B, and D are all ruined by that ugly leaf, let's be real.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
A, B, and D are all ruined by that ugly leaf, let's be real.

and c is clearly representing how the toilet flows in the opposite direction "down under"
Quote by sam b at #33577789
D. Needs the black on there

black + blue is a terrible combination

d would be the best option if it was just all black instead

Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
I'm just trying to work out which one looks the least Australian so we don't have to be roped in with those ****s.

jk my mum was born in NZ
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by MinterMan22
black + blue is a terrible combination

d would be the best option if it was just all black instead

#whiteflagsmatter #france
All those flags suck
They should have a black flag with a white sheep and a brown kiwi on it. And maybe a hobbit.
I have nothing important to say
Also for some reason more than 2/3 of New Zealanders I've ever met have a strong knowledge of reggae

it's like a contractual obligation or something.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Just adopt the Australian flag. I mean back at federation they were supposed to be part of 'Straya and WA was supposed to be it's own nation so let's just perform an Anschluss with them.
C looks like a shriveled dick
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
All four aren't that great. A is probably the best even if it is based on the All Blacks, which imo ain't a bad thing. They're a strong make-up of our identity. Its just that the fern on Flag A. looks really badly drawn.
Quote by DardySon
Just adopt the Australian flag. I mean back at federation they were supposed to be part of 'Straya and WA was supposed to be it's own nation so let's just perform an Anschluss with them.

do you honestly think WA could hold its own as a nation?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Fun fact: Most NZers don't want a new flag. The flag is essentially a smokescreen by our awful PM to hide the whole TPPA thing. The first referendum is to pick the favourite alternative, then the second is to pit it against the current flag to choose the national flag. it's costing $26 million NZ. The first referendum should simply be "Do you want to change the flag?". But alas, John key is determined to leave his mark on NZ and cause a smokescreen for issues such as the TPPA.

This was my favourite design

RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by Pastafarian96
do you honestly think WA could hold its own as a nation?

No which is why I'm thankful that we are part of Australia. The sad thing is though you do get people, mainly racist bogans, talking about how we should become our own nation to stop the immigrants.
Page 1 of 2