Hello there!

I'm a guitarrist and I would like to know what kind of effects I need to make a shoegaze sound? if you could recommend me pedals and brands

I appreciate any help or advice

Thanks a lot!!!

some links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS88hMFMdqk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHei9dSny9c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1J2WahGDJ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mti-XkA0bA
If you're on a tight budget, a clean(-ish) amp (fender, vox, etc.), a distortion pedal/fuzz ( big muff, for example), and a coule of delay (Boss dd-3 or DD-7) and reverb pedals (boss rv-3/rv-5 or a hardwire rv-7) should get you a long way.

Also, a lot of shoegaze bands favored single coil fenders, especially the offset models.
Yeah, your amp's got to take pedals well, and the distortions, delays and reverbs are going to be the central elements to saturated, spacey sounds (though I guess you're not quite going for MBV kind of noisey stuff?)

Traditionally, yeah, Fender offsets are the classic shoegaze instruments; long, slow, shallow dips with those tremolos and tonnes of delay/reverb can get some really crazy sounds and are basically what got Kevin Shields famous. Again, though, my shoegaze knowledge is basically just MBV and this kind of stuff has only a passing resemblance to Loveless, a pretty different thing, really, so I'm not sure Jags or Jazzmasters would be necessary. I think possibly you can live without too many distortions too.

Oh, and unlike Kevin Shields, you can probably skip on this too:
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Sep 1, 2015,
Without getting crazy on the budget, I'd look at:

Fender, Vox, Carvin tube amps. (I personally prefer combos, but I'm an outlier.)

A well-made guitar with low to medium output pickups- avoid the shredder axes. Fender offsets and Teles are popular, but really, almost anything will work.

For pedals, I'd want a good fuzz, a good distortion, 2 delays, 2 reverbs. Tremolo, chorus, rotary and other effects have also found their way into the genre, but they're rare. Could help you define your identity, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
If you need to ask what effects you need for shoegaze, you're doing it wrong. Shoegaze is all about experimentation and exploring new textures, and not just through pedals. But if you need an answer:

Quote by dannyalcatraz
a good fuzz, a good distortion, 2 delays, 2 reverbs. Tremolo, chorus, rotary and other effects have also found their way into the genre, but they're rare. Could help you define your identity, though.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Schecter C-1+ with SD '59/Custom 5
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Last edited by cxrlxscr at Sep 1, 2015,
Quote by Fishbones
If you're on a tight budget, a clean(-ish) amp (fender, vox, etc.), a distortion pedal/fuzz ( big muff, for example), and a coule of delay (Boss dd-3 or DD-7) and reverb pedals (boss rv-3/rv-5 or a hardwire rv-7) should get you a long way.

Also, a lot of shoegaze bands favored single coil fenders, especially the offset models.

I 'll Have much consideration for your advice to build my right equipment.
I appreciate it , thanks friend
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Yeah, your amp's got to take pedals well, and the distortions, delays and reverbs are going to be the central elements to saturated, spacey sounds (though I guess you're not quite going for MBV kind of noisey stuff?)

Traditionally, yeah, Fender offsets are the classic shoegaze instruments; long, slow, shallow dips with those tremolos and tonnes of delay/reverb can get some really crazy sounds and are basically what got Kevin Shields famous. Again, though, my shoegaze knowledge is basically just MBV and this kind of stuff has only a passing resemblance to Loveless, a pretty different thing, really, so I'm not sure Jags or Jazzmasters would be necessary. I think possibly you can live without too many distortions too.

Oh, and unlike Kevin Shields, you can probably skip on this too:

wow thanks friend , I have now a more centralized concept of what kind of sound I want.

I appreciate it a lot!!
greetings!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Without getting crazy on the budget, I'd look at:

Fender, Vox, Carvin tube amps. (I personally prefer combos, but I'm an outlier.)

A well-made guitar with low to medium output pickups- avoid the shredder axes. Fender offsets and Teles are popular, but really, almost anything will work.

For pedals, I'd want a good fuzz, a good distortion, 2 delays, 2 reverbs. Tremolo, chorus, rotary and other effects have also found their way into the genre, but they're rare. Could help you define your identity, though.

thanks a lot friend, I'll take it into account.

greetings
Double up your delay and add a reverb. Perfect shoe gaze

boss dd-6
carbon copy
hall of fame reverb.

Done.
+1 on the MXR Carbon Copy: compact, dependable, affordable. Not necessarily the most versatile or tasty delay pedal out there, but does the job better than most. There's a reason why a lot of people put them in their boards.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!