I put a Dimarzio Paul Gilbert set in my Squier CV 50s Strat and now I want to get back to the vintage strat tone. So I need help finding a set. I don't want to go over $100. I play blues, blues rock and classic rock. I want something to give good cleans as well as decent overdrive tones. Thanks
I would take a look at Guitar Fetish. They tend to have decent stuff that won't break the bank. I plan on doing that for my start just to have some options.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fender-Vintage-Original-Strat-57-62-Pickup-Set-Made-in-USA-Reissue-Gifts-/251800756826?hash=item3aa07ea25a

^The real thing; if you want vintage Fender tone there it is for just inside of your budget. There's a '54 set too, but not for <$100.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Sep 2, 2015,
Did you dump your old pickups? word on the net is that they were either toneriders, or else made in the same factory.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I sold them. I had a problem with hum in the room i play in so i was getting all noiseless strat and tele pickups for my guitars. Since then I found sweet spot in my room were single coils sound quiet so I want to experience the real sounds of single coils. I don't think these noiseless cut it. None of them seem to have any character IMHO.
Somebody wrote this

Do not skimp on Strat pickups. Low budget single coils sound like crap. One can get away with budget humbuckers because they have some meat to them, but a bad set of single coils stands out.

Opinions?
Cheap is cheap, humbucker, single or otherwise. $100 is plenty enough a budget for a single humbucker. Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio make plenty of very great pickups for under that price. I'm a pretty big endorser of SD personally, I've dropped the 59' and the JB in a few Strats and have always liked the results.

In fact, I think the Shawbucker is just Fender's Pearly Gates clone. I have a Shawbucker Strat and a Lonestar Strat (has a PG from factory) in my store, and side by side they're nearly identical.
Not to be rude, but have you looked at the link I posted? Those are real Fender vintage reissue pickups for $100. I don't see how that isn't exactly what you're after.

It's a full set, and it's as close to the real deal as anything else that isn't 50 years old.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Sep 3, 2015,
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Rockbly
Somebody wrote this

Do not skimp on Strat pickups. Low budget single coils sound like crap. One can get away with budget humbuckers because they have some meat to them, but a bad set of single coils stands out.

Opinions?

Depends on which specific ones you're talking about. There's some correlation between quality and price, but it's not 100%. Some things are dearer in one part of the world than another (often because of where they're made), and some chancers just charge more money. Conversely, some cheap stuff is remarkably good for how little it costs, while other cheapo stuff is just crap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For true Strat single coil sound, I can suggest the (all Seymour Duncan) Quarter Pound, The Custom Staggered or the California 50's set. $100 won't get you a set, but you can start with one at a time (I'd start with the neck).
^ The SSL1s (and 2s I guess, same thing but with flat magnets I think) are very nice. They might be a bit low output for what he wants, though. I haven't tried the QPs, but they might be too far the other way?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?