Hey folks,

Finally starting to build my pedalboard, for a wah I'm really fond of the 535Q Multi Wah.
However I have heard that it has had various issues throughout its lifetime.
The main ones were:

-Tone killer when off (something with wrongly placed capacitors?)

-Switch breaks easily

-No true bypass (ties in with the latter, 535Q Chrome is true bypass apparently)

-Annoying to mod for true bypass

First of all I'd love to know if it still has issues in 2015 (Google has kind of failed me).
Second I'd like to know if not having true bypass on pedals is a big issue. How my pedalboard stands atm is 2 or 3 pedals without true bypass, the rest of them are.

Have a great day!

-Dex
I have never cared for a crybaby

I like fulltone Clyde, RMC's offerings most.

Morely has a solid cult following, but I havent had a ton of experience with them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Do those actually offer a lot of versatility?
Being able to tweak my wah sound is kinda what sold the pedal for me.
Quote by thomas.decorte
Do those actually offer a lot of versatility?
Being able to tweak my wah sound is kinda what sold the pedal for me.

The fulltone Clyde deluxe does, but I just have the standard.

RMC has several different offerings varying a bit, my favorite is the wizard wah though.

The only dunlop i would get would be thr CAE wah.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Dunlop is very vague as to whether or not the 535Q is true bypass or not, so it probably isn't. And yes, you can't mod it to true bypass because a 6 wire ribbon cable goes into the switch. I've never had an issue with the switch breaking on mine, just the felt pad getting worn and the pedal itself was a bit sticky. The switch didn't seem hard to replace, just modding would be a pain. It was a really good wah though. I switched to the 105Q because I liked the voicing and auto switch on it more.

RMC makes a really good wah. Don't know too much about Morley or Fulltone personally.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I have used the 525q for probably 6 years now with very seldom problems. For like a week I thought it was broke but I just had one of the knobs turned all the way down

Never had any complaints about it sucking tone at all.
I've never had a problem with tone sapping from mine, but its possible I just havent noticed. Couldn't tell you much about the insides, but I would certainly recommend it based on my experience. Sounds pretty killer to me, and its easy to really scupt the wah to your liking.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps