Typo or what? If not typo, does this mean 2016 lines will no longer use the robot tuners and laser stickers ?

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPTDP-HSCH1

"Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus 2016 T Guitar with Case Heritage Cherry Sunburst"

Seems confirmed..

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/industry_news/gibson_guitars_will_be_20-25_cheaper_in_2016_wont_feature_2015_design_changes.html
They were pretty unpopular, just one more contributing factor to people not buying Gibbies.

Like all those things, they were an attempt at being "progressive" without considering the 50-year-overdue redesign of the Les Paul.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Like all those things, they were an attempt at being "progressive" without considering the 50-year-overdue redesign of the Les Paul.

Overdue? They fixed the Les Paul when they released the SG in 1961.
Yup, seems as if Gibson will be ditching all the 2015 specs people didn't like for whatever reason and also dropping their prices back to 2014 equivalents.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by sfx
robot tuners and laser stickers

Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Yup, it seems to be true.
Same news is going around on the various Les Paul forums as well.
I guess maybe Henry J. actually listened to minds other than his own warped brain.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Sep 2, 2015,
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Gibson redesigns the Les Paul every year or two, and has for decades. Their customers won't buy anything that strays too far from the Standard recipe, though, so those models fall by the wayside. The market doesn't want a redesigned LP, at least not from Gibson.

I wonder if that Traditional model is representative of the whole lineup, or if they're only reverting that model to earlier specs. The brass nut and the wider spacing were a bit less contentious than the other changes, it will be interesting to see if those disappear on the rest of the models for 2016. It would mark a real change as regards Harry J actually listening to customers. Seems more likely that he died months ago and his reanimated corpse is running the show.
Quote by Roc8995
I wonder if that Traditional model is representative of the whole lineup, or if they're only reverting that model to earlier specs.

2016 guitars are already turning up in stores and I saw others with vintage tuners and a plastic nut on Sunday. The sales guy told me that most of the lineup will not have any of the 2015 changes, but that they’ll be optional like they were in 2014.
Quote by Roc8995
Gibson redesigns the Les Paul every year or two, and has for decades. Their customers won't buy anything that strays too far from the Standard recipe, though, so those models fall by the wayside. The market doesn't want a redesigned LP, at least not from Gibson.

I wonder if that Traditional model is representative of the whole lineup, or if they're only reverting that model to earlier specs. The brass nut and the wider spacing were a bit less contentious than the other changes, it will be interesting to see if those disappear on the rest of the models for 2016. It would mark a real change as regards Harry J actually listening to customers. Seems more likely that he died months ago and his reanimated corpse is running the show.

He's been animatronic for years.

Nobody noticed until recently. That's why Gibson's decisions over the last several years have been so unusual, they were picked by a random number generator...

It also explains the fascination for robotic tuning and the like! (Which I personally think is a great idea, just crappy implementation.)
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Nobody noticed until recently. That's why Gibson's decisions over the last several years have been so unusual, they were picked by a random number generator...

I don’t know why people can’t understand how simple and obvious the problem is: Gibson isn’t a guitar company. Gibson is a holding company for a bunch of audio products companies. Guitars are only 25% of the revenue at Gibson, and most of that probably comes from Epiphone. Gibson does all this random shit because it doesn’t need to make any money—the only real purpose of the company is to convince kids that if they can’t afford a $4,000 Gibson they can at least afford a $400 Epiphone.
Quote by jpnyc
I don’t know why people can’t understand how simple and obvious the problem is: Gibson isn’t a guitar company. Gibson is a holding company for a bunch of audio products companies. Guitars are only 25% of the revenue at Gibson, and most of that probably comes from Epiphone. Gibson does all this random shit because it doesn’t need to make any money—the only real purpose of the company is to convince kids that if they can’t afford a $4,000 Gibson they can at least afford a $400 Epiphone.

From a business perspective that's a ridiculous assertion, but I understand what you're saying.

My explanation was more interesting...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
They're currently adrift at sea. Were I in charge of Gibson, I'd launch a new brand- or convert one of the subsidiaries- into a market tester for all the innovations, kind of like how GM used Pontiac for so many decades.

That way, you get to see how popular and dependable these things are before retooling your entire production line and kicking your brand identity in the nuts.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!