Okay im trying to get a guitar pro guitar track to transfer to audacity so i can record vocals with it. i save the file as a midi, and i can upload it to audacity, and it shows up and everything, but i cant play it and i dont know where to go from here. i want the track to be playing as i record vocals over it. is this an option?

and before you ask, no this isnt for a finished product. im not rings of saturn im just trying to get a good idea of how the vocals sound with chords etc. but it is important that i learn how to do this cause i will need to for drums and bass on other tracks
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
You may wanna try and export a wav file instead of a midi.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
You may wanna try and export a wav file instead of a midi.

i did try that, couldnt figure out how to upload it to audacity though. when you go under 'import' its not an option
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I think you are misunderstanding what a midi file is (or maybe I am not understanding your question). A midi file is computer file that contains information that allows sound modules to play notes that trigger sounds like drums, keys and other instruments. A midi file itself does not contain any audio information (wav, Mp3, Mp4, etc.). Audacity does not contain an internal midi sound library as some other recording software might (like Sonor). If you have a midi file that you want to use you need to play it through midi compatible software, a keyboard or module sound module first and record that output to Auacity.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Sep 2, 2015,
It's very simple to transfer audio from Guitar Pro to Audacity.

In Guitar Pro: solo the track you want, then export as a .wav file.

In Audacity: File | Import | Audio | navigate to correct folder and you will see the .wav file waiting to be clicked.

This definitely works. I've done it a thousand times.
Quote by Jehannum
It's very simple to transfer audio from Guitar Pro to Audacity.

In Guitar Pro: solo the track you want, then export as a .wav file.

In Audacity: File | Import | Audio | navigate to correct folder and you will see the .wav file waiting to be clicked.

This definitely works. I've done it a thousand times.

ok ill give that a try again.

i definitely misunderstood what a midi file is, my bad.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom