Quick question from us UG for those of you who play in bands:
- how do you usually find new musicians?

And, if you were to start a band, what would be the first place for you to go to?
No luck catching dem swans?
you trap them of course. leave an unlit joint and an unopened beer under a box held up with a stick, works every time.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Why? Is UG developing a new way to hook up with band mates other than that one forum that didn't work out too well? Because that'd be cool.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Sep 2, 2015,
Quote by Acϵ♠
you trap them of course. leave an unlit joint and an unopened beer under a box held up with a stick, works every time.

I'm betting a lit joint will draw them from further away...

Not that I approve of these methods of acquiring bandmates, why don't you make them in your laboratory like a decent person?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Google
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Quote by Arby911
I'm betting a lit joint will draw them from further away...

Not that I approve of these methods of acquiring bandmates, why don't you make them in your laboratory like a decent person?

draw them further away? laboratory? what kind of reverse engineered hippy are you?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
how do you find girls for date

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
how do you find girls for date

Telescope.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Acϵ♠
draw them further away? laboratory? what kind of reverse engineered hippy are you?

This kind...

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I heard music stores tend to have musicians walking around in them.

And rehab facilities.
Alert to the wise. Go with friends and people you know or at least friends of friends.
I've had bad consequences with getting strangers in the band. The first one booked us a gig. The owner of the place decided he was not going to pay us. This is the only time I played a gig when money was promised and not delivered at the end of the service. Then he quit.
The second time the guy was really good bass player and singer. He thought that we should have a massive PA for playing for small crowds. It damaged my hearing. That's when I got tinnitus. When I talked to him about it he said. I will just get a hearing aid when I lose my hearing.

Experience; 30 some bands thousands of gigs encompassing two millennium and 6 decades.

This does not count if you are the hired gun because you don't have anything to lose you put no work into the project other than the learn the songs. Most often I've had good luck with the hired gun thing . Because you can scope them out before you audition. With me it wasn't will I pass the audition it was do they pass the audition. I've never failed an audition. Not because I'm fantastic but because I know what I'm doing a little bit.
Auditioning is another thread. It could be a book. How to pass auditions.
I've tried to use craigslist to get bandmates before but honestly the best way is to do some coffee shop shows or other events you can do by yourself that other musicians will be at. Make friends with them, and practice together. If you're not friends with them it's pretty hard for you or them to give your true opinion on things as personal as lyrics or songwriting.
Busk and have a blackboard saying "bass player, keyboardist, (and others) drummer wanted" and cross them off as you acquire them.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
you just gotta use your friends, you only need 2. youre bound to have at least one other musical friend, he's an arrogant twat but generally a pretty smart dude if you look past his inflated ego, he knows his shit yknow. you have a lot in common. you can put him on drums or whatever. he's in your band. you're also bound to have a friend that has severe problems with all motor functions like maintaining balance and not getting hit by cars. probably into conspiracy theories, eats unhealthy amounts of bagels, smokes weed all day and cleans containers for a living. he's your bass player, because he's a really nice and chill dude and you like to have him around.

band achieved
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
you're also bound to have a friend that has severe problems with all motor functions like maintaining balance and not getting hit by cars. probably into conspiracy theories, eats unhealthy amounts of bagels, smokes weed all day and cleans containers for a living. he's your bass player, because he's a really nice and chill dude and you like to have him around.

I'm a bass players and with the exception of being clumsy I'm none of these things
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I had this idea a few years ago about a classifieds website but for musicians where you can buy/sell gear and recruit band members/look for bands, etc.

I'm not really officially in a band, but I know musicians who know many musicians so that's how I know any musicians. That probably doesn't help you.
Free Ali
Free Lard