So, about 6 weeks ago I let my gas get the better of me and did something that, in hindsight, was really f**king stupid. I traded a guitar I loved from first strum for a guitar I wanted so much to like. I was craving good humbuckers and really dig LPs, the grass is always greener on the other side. So I swapped my Mustang for an LP Studio.To its credit, the LP is a hell of a guitar, I dug it. But what I wasn't quite experienced enough to realize yet is I f**king love that Mustang more than any guitar I've ever played. Sounds cheesy but I'm sure some of you guys understand.

As luck would have it, once the regret set in, I was able to trade the LP for an MIJ Jaguar. I dug the Jaguar more than the LP, its a very comfortable player and aesthetically there are few guitars that stand out as much as a Jag. It sounded good but I didn't like the pups as much as I liked the Mustang pups and as soon as I started thinking of a pupgrade a brick of regret slapped me upside the head.

Lucky me, most folks can't resist the offset aesthetics and allure of the multiple (somewhat redundant for me) switches of the Fender Jaguar, including a new Mustang owner I knew of that I still had the contact info for...tehehe!

LP and Jaguar be damned, I'm thrilled to have this thing back! It's still stock cause it's f**king perfect already. The bridge pup (much more robust, full flavored than the flimsy Jag pup) handles an impressive amount of gain before it muddles up, gets a really nice crunchy distortion sound but does a classy clean as well. The neck pup, while not an SD 59 in an LP, does its own thing and sounds very much like a good Strat neck pup but with an interesting trade off, it doesn't sound as big but it sounds more defined and articulate. Actually the entire guitar is kinda like that, less sustain, more snap and articulation. I dig that for a lot of what I play and how I like to sound. The quirky quack when the pups are out of phase is very charming for some tunes too. I'll take the quack over the "strangle switch" of a Jag everytime for those occasions.

I, definitely, know now that one guitar can't do everything. So I was amazingly fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time with the right trade to pick this up:

This mofo has Tom Anderson H1 and H3 pups. I have no idea who Tom Anderson is but he makes awesome pickups! I'm not a seasoned pro or anything but I've used mostly single coils for years. These pups sound like good single coils when split (push/pull pots), I've never heard humbuckers that do the split coil thing so well, and every combination sounds classy.
The neck is pretty chunky for the sleekness of the guitar but it feels good. Overall the guitar is in great condition and set up very nicely.
I got this PRS for an Epi Dot Studio and a dirt cheap bass!

I'm definitely lucky the way things turned out, its been a good week. I sure as hell won't be trading my new/old/new Mustang anytime soon. And I've been just as smitten with the PRS, easily the best humbuckers I've ever owned.

Anyone else foolishly (or not) lost a guitar you loved then got it back? I feel like I've earned my UG username.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Happy Circle of Gear Day- and NGD as well!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks Danny, at least my thread wasn't shut out, lol. Oh well, I'm thrilled, especially with the Tom Anderson pickups. These things sound sooo good!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Sweet Glad you got the old one you loved back, and that new one too. Awesome

Tom Anderson makes boutique-style guitars, along the lines of Suhr/Tyler etc. I haven't tried them, but they have a very good rep. Not surprised they sound really good, those type of guys can fit any pickups they want to their (very expensive) guitars, so if they have the guts to fit their own they're probably pretty good.

http://www.andersonguitars.com/

Either that or he's the co-founder of MySpace.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Anderson is sort of a dirty little secret among guitarists, but not one that you'll find if your experience with guitars ends at the door of your local GC. His guitars *look* fairly standard, but have details all over them that make a difference.

I've had Anderson pickups in my Flying V for a very long time; they replaced some seriously nasty SD Invaders. Good choice.

^ Nice V, I think you've posted it before

Fridge magnets with an elastic band wrapped round them probably sound better than invaders
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys. I love the wood figuring(?) on that V, its beautiful!
^ Yeah I think so. Burl maybe?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?