Through trade I just acquired a MIA strat. Great neck and hardware, etc. but what I am really after is a set of single coil pickups to somewhat recreate Gilmour. The start is black with a maple neck/fretboard so when in Rome...
I am 99% a hum bucker player but wanted the single coils to add another option. What single coils do you recommend. Ideally I am looking for all 3 positions, but if I have to space that out over time then no biggie. I would like them to be hot enough to have a decent amount of bite and attack when playing clean but still retain clarity through distortion. My max budget would probably be around $100, possibly more if I decide to sell some EMGs I have laying around.
I have searched Guitar Fetish pickups, just not sure which ones fit the bill. I think I read somewhere that Gilmour's bridge pickup was something like 13.3K, which is pretty hot. I do not want EMGs though, which I know he has a sig set.
Thanks for the help!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
click

All the info you need, great website too
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Much appreciated.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13