Hopefully this is the right section...

So, I have started part time at a community college this week, and now that the guitar class is confirmed to be continuing, I need to get a classical guitar. No problem with that, except I have no idea what to do with the guitar for the 2-3 hours before the guitar class. I have a feeling that storing it in the car is a horrible idea, especially since the college is in the desert, so the tempature outside is always over 106 during the summer(I think it was somewhere over 112 yesterday).

I also haven't gotten around to emailing my piano professor person about bringing the guitar to piano class to avoid it getting damaged, but I feel that it probably my most likely option... I am mainly just worried about forgetting it

Also have the option of having my mom walk around with it, then handing it off to me after we meet to eat dinner for the 30min between classes. I am just worried about her dropping it or something.

So... any tips on what to do with the guitar between classes? I guess on the bright side, I am only down there for two days betweem 5pm and 9:30pm for this semester.. instead of all day most of the week starting next semester....
Got a trunk not a hatch back? If yes problem solved.

Could go with traveling size and just carry it which wasn't uncommon for I see students do it all the time. Same answer with a normal size and besides if you said classic guitar those by nature are small and light to begin with.

Or don't get anything to crazy in case and take your chances with the conditions it will be under. If you get a $200 the weather should take awhile to have a negative effect just make sure you do what you can. In a case, covered with a blanket, etc.

I wouldn't rely on mom personally for that is the point in your life you need to start taking actions into your own hands. Our parents will love us and do stuff for us, but there are times in our lives where we need to take responsibility and get it done. Feel me?
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
It will be fine if you do like fingerguy says.
Also, as a parent, I can tell you that despite what she may say, your mother has an issue with carrying your guitar around for you. Please don't expect her to do that. I carried a guitar around to classes when I needed it once in a while. As long as there's room in the corner, the piano teacher shouldn't mind.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Don't they have storage lockers at the school that could hold a guitar?

I wouldn't leave the guitar in the trunk. Yeah, no sunlight on it but those things get hot as hell. Even if it's dark in the trunk the heat could possibly loosen the glue on the guitar.
Just keep it with you, backpack cases are great. The school might have lockers available.
What college offers lockers? Or do you mean lockers for music students?
Quote by fingerguy
What college offers lockers? Or do you mean lockers for music students?

Even High Schools have lockers where students can put their instruments. My HS band had better, and bigger, lockers than the football team.
Don't leave it in the car and don't expect you mom to look after it. The backpack case would likely be my option, depending on what storage facilities might be available at the college. I've lugged guitars all over the place, including round the world a few times, no big deal.
High School yes, but college I guess it depends on the college. If it has a music department I assume not the college but the "music" department would offer that.

I am not proud of this but been in a few colleges and NONE offered lockers. However, I never went into the music department which is why I asked.
Quote by fingerguy
High School yes, but college I guess it depends on the college. If it has a music department I assume not the college but the "music" department would offer that.

I am not proud of this but been in a few colleges and NONE offered lockers. However, I never went into the music department which is why I asked.

I was never in the band. In HS I worked closely with band people on a number of projects and knew about their lockers that way. I was never in the music department in college...it just seems like a common sense thing that they'd have a place to store instruments. Can't imagine a guy carrying a tuba to class every day and then having to negotiate his other classes while toting it all day.
Quote by TobusRex
I was never in the band. In HS I worked closely with band people on a number of projects and knew about their lockers that way. I was never in the music department in college...it just seems like a common sense thing that they'd have a place to store instruments. Can't imagine a guy carrying a tuba to class every day and then having to negotiate his other classes while toting it all day.

The thing is you keep mentioning High School, he is talking about college where you are treated like an adult and the hand holding is no longer there. Hence what to do about your stuff.
Stuck with it anyways now, my mom is taking the assessment tests for college now, so I have to walk around for an hour before my first class starts.

Anyways, my uncle ended up answering the same thing about storing it in the car, that it is a horrible idea.

Don't think the music area has storage areas for student instruments, which probably does explain all of the people carrying their instruments around....
Get a case like this:

A soft case, or gig bag, (pictured above) with a shoulder strap works well of you have to carry it around, I have a couple for electrics. Same for acoustic though.

Never leave it in a car, trunk or otherwise. The trunk can get hot enough to cause the glue (usually hide glue) to soften. I've seen bridges slide toward the nut more than 1/4 inch for that reason. Glue softens, string tension, costly repair. It can also loosen the glue in other places, like the fingerboard. Let the sound board separate from the body...I hope you're getting the idea.

Cars get up to 140ºF or higher in summer, trunk can get slightly lower, maybe 130º, no glass to intensify the heat. You'd be surprised how many people have found out the hard way.

Get a gig bag and carry it around.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...