Hi

Does anyone know how import charges are dealt with if I purchase in Reverb from the U.S to Canada? Does the tax get included in the Courier fee?

Cheers
that is something i would ask the seller about. if you don't get the answer from them, i would try to find a way to email reverb.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by hybrid_asian182
Hi

Does anyone know how import charges are dealt with if I purchase in Reverb from the U.S to Canada? Does the tax get included in the Courier fee?

Cheers

Near as I can tell, each seller sets up their own shipping policies. Shoot 'em an email.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
From my experience, if possible, request that sender does not use UPS as the courier provider. Their brokerage fees (Entry Preparation Charges) or whatever they call them are incredibly high for items coming from the US. These fees are in addition to the duties on the item. Fedex and Purolator fees are much more reasonable.

Cheapest is US mail, but most risky...

Too bad the dollar is so bad...
None of the sellers will cover any import charges unless you work it out with them first. Usps dose tend to be cheaper then ups but between the hidden fees and exchange rate right now I would within Canada if it's at all possible.
probably just pay the courier when they deliver it, or you can do it over the phone.
Musical instruments made in the USA are duty free under NAFTA. However there is paperwork to declare this at customs and usually this is done on the buyer's behalf by the shipper or shipping company. In many/most cases this is billed to the buyer as "brokerage fees". For UPS I was billed approx $80 for each of my RIs (2800- 3000 purchases). For used purchases I'm not sure about PST/GST as I bought new. A word of advice, declare the value fairly in case something happens along the way. both brokerage fee and taxes are usually COD. Demand the shipping instructions require a signature at delivery.
Moving on.....