Hello again UG, long time since i've been here.... anyway

I have my old ltd that, for lack of better words, i have grown out of. I am looking to throw the EMG set that i had bought for it into another guitar. What can you guys recommend as a solid playing and build guitar for under $500 that i can move these pickups into? I would prefer the guitar have:

Fixed Trem

H+H config

Solid Construction

...and thats really it. All i want is to build a guitar just for metal, seeing as i have guitars for every other genre i want to play already. Thanks in advance!

**EDIT** I mostly play rhythm guitar so having super high fret access isn't necessary but would be nice
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Sep 5, 2015,
perhaps a PRS SE guitar , they are around the 500$ street value , have a fixed trem, made in Korea. I took two of them apart so far and put them back together and they are worth the try. The only thing is that it's hard to find a 24 fret one with a 25.5 scale. The only PRS SE I do not recommend out of the box is the Mark Tremonti model. The bridge is garbage on it and it's too thin. But the SE 22 for example with the tremolo I kind of miss.

option 2 is a Godin. Played two so far and they are really nice guitars since Agile doesn't have many with fixed tremolos like say a strat.

if not more LTD guitars , you may get a good Edwards (japanese market ESP, so better than LTD) for around 500$ if you're not picky. But I still highly recommend PRS first based on your needs.
This webshop sells lots of empty bodies, also Les Paul models.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Quote by icanhasgodmode
This webshop sells lots of empty bodies, also Les Paul models.

would you happen to know a webshop that sells the accompanying necks?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
besides ebay as I'm not sure about all the companies across the states and UK but this is my go to at first if you don't mind sanding a guitar body down and doing a light fret leveling. You can also get "DIY" kits where you build everything because painted bodies are expensive.

try t his site first if you don't mind the bodies paint not being perfect
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Factory-Buyout-Clearance-Sale_c_410.html

I knew a chinese seller that will sell you a neck fretted and all and body that isn't painted yet. It was kind of expensive but the shipping from 1000+ miles away isn't cheap to begin with. This was about a year ago I think it was around 100-150$. Forget if the electronics were included but start with ebay. If you stick to big named bodies of what they were you'll do fine as parts get more universal. My friend wanted me to help him build a rickenbacker back in december and it was a 2000-3000$ bass new and it was like 700-900 by the time the parts were factored in.

but my advice and I'm sure many would agree get a pre-painted body unless you've got experience with wet sanding and a garage or basement you can do this in because the fumes from the paint aren't good and painting guitars the first time isn't as easy as it seems. But youtube will help become a pro I suggest sully's guitar garage he was very helpful.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Sep 10, 2015,