Hey everyone, my band Zillah are releasing our second album in October through Sea of Corruption Records. I have posted this here as well as Promote your band so people into metal specifically can see the post. Really appreciate anyone checking out our first preview which is up on No Clean Singing at the following link. We have been described as unconventional death metal with influences including Burnt By The Sun, Napalm Death, Voivod, Neurosis and Ulcerate. If it sounds like it might interest you then check us out! Thanks!!
http://www.nocleansinging.com/2015/09/04/an-ncs-premiere-zillah-made-flesh-and-bone/
You can also download our first album Substitute for a Catastrophe and two Eps at bandcmp for free.
https://zillah.bandcamp.com/music
Last edited by bloodblind at Sep 6, 2015,
Thanks everyone thats checked this out. We'll have a second preview track up within the next two weeks!
The review sounds like a friend wrote it for you.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
The review sounds like a friend wrote it for you.

Nope, no idea who they are. What makes you say that?
Because this whole thing was basically like... did is da bestest album eva... the whole time. The part about your well received second album... well received by who? You're not famous or anything. And the part about the producer knowing how to make the album sound great. The production was pretty amateurish. Also no mentions of any negatives in the review. I only listened to the bone song, but there were plenty of flaws. Vocals were bad, drums sounded silly, etc. And if that's like the highlight track or whatever, I can only imagine the rest of the songs. There really just didn't seem to any sense of purpose. IT reminds me of when you read a Wikipedia article about somebody that isn't particularly famous and it sounds like they wrote it themselves. It really just didn't sit well with me. And spam posting isn't going to make your album better, FYI.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Look mate, if you aren't ready to accept that the potential to negative opinions, then you really aren't ready to be posting your music. You don't actually believe that everyone is going to like your music, do you?
When you've been around a long time like we have you expect to take criticism, the more exposure you get the more different opinions you will be subject to. It's normal to expect that. I'd hardly say that review was as glowing as you think, it was amusing though and not a review to take very seriously, like you. Refering to posting an album preview as spam. OK then
I mean, you only posted the same thread how many times? And bumped those threads how many times? That's spam, mate.
Quote by theogonia777
And the part about the producer knowing how to make the album sound great. The production was pretty amateurish

You're bumping this one. One thread posted in promotion and one in metal specifically. A thread for the old album as a free download which many have viewed. No one else has had a problem with it anywhere online. It's called promotion. As for the comments about the production. Amatuerish compared to what? We deliberately sound raw and abrasive and live. We dislike the sterile overly perfected pro tools recordings of a lot of bands of late. Most of our inspiration and production attitude comes from records like the first two Napalm Death albums, classic Voivod albums, grindcore, Neurosis and older Death albums. However the tide is turning back towards a more organic and loose sound for a lot of bands in the last few years and many people welcome this. Is not for everyone obviously but that's what we were aiming for.
Last edited by bloodblind at Sep 12, 2015,