I am not sure if i want to go with a virtual amp sim or use a physical amplifier. I have a few questions,

1 i have fl studio that i use to make drum beats while i play. I can't link it on my phone but there's a plugin that looks great called Valhalla Reverb. Could i buy the plugin and then use it through fl studio or would i need to purchase an actual amp simulator?

2 if i do decide to go digital, could i still use pedals and have some plugins on the computer running at the same time?

Sorry if these are dumb questions i just don't know if you can use plugins on any DAW. I just recently found out about using virtual amps through your computer.

Thanks
1) Plugins use one of a few common formats. Most of them use VST, which is nearly universal across any DAW. You don't need any amp sims for them to work.

BUT.

I've heard Valhalla Reverb sounds great, but if you're just starting out, you do not need it yet. FL Studio comes with at least two reverb plugins already, and you probably won't be able to notice a difference compared to Valhalla. Don't buy it yet.

2) Sure, just put the pedals between your guitar and the interface.
Thank you so much! I tried googling it but was still confused. Yeah i actually like the delay and reverb in FL. I would like to be able to play using a Daw with plugins because that is going to save me hundreds of dollars. I'm still New at this so i will have to watch tutorials on how to connect to computer and i guess if i just really like a certain kind of pedal i can still use it.

And I'm sure that any plugin you use will work in real time right? Thanks again for the help!

And in your opinion, do you think using a computer as an amp is good? I don't have a lot of extra cash and yeah i will probably need to buy some nice speakers but buying a good physical amp will be costly.

I know that the order of your pedals affects your sound but how would it work if i use some physical pedals and then run it into my computer and also have digital pedals running? Would there be any way to rearrange them? Suppose i had a physical delay, digital compressor, and physical over drive all active and i wanted them in that order. Would it be able to do that since the desired order is physical, digital, physical, and then back to the computer. (Sorry if that makes no sense at all i tried to word it the best i could)
Quote by Androxine Vorte
Thank you so much! I tried googling it but was still confused. Yeah i actually like the delay and reverb in FL. I would like to be able to play using a Daw with plugins because that is going to save me hundreds of dollars. I'm still New at this so i will have to watch tutorials on how to connect to computer and i guess if i just really like a certain kind of pedal i can still use it.

And I'm sure that any plugin you use will work in real time right? Thanks again for the help!

And in your opinion, do you think using a computer as an amp is good? I don't have a lot of extra cash and yeah i will probably need to buy some nice speakers but buying a good physical amp will be costly.

I know that the order of your pedals affects your sound but how would it work if i use some physical pedals and then run it into my computer and also have digital pedals running? Would there be any way to rearrange them? Suppose i had a physical delay, digital compressor, and physical over drive all active and i wanted them in that order. Would it be able to do that since the desired order is physical, digital, physical, and then back to the computer. (Sorry if that makes no sense at all i tried to word it the best i could)

What kind of tones are you looking for? If you are strapped for cash, starting off with amp sims will get you a long way. Some people have even used amp sims on albums. If you learn to use it well, you can get amazing results.
I want to make ambient music. I can't really post links with this phone and i can't remember the youtubers name but even stuff like Tycho. It requires heavy use on effects and i would much rather have a option to stack multiple delays rather than spend $130 per effect.
You should be good then with using free sims since the tones aren't anything crazy. Just pick up some amp sims and cab impulses then experiment with your effects in your DAW.
Ok. Did my question about pedal order make sense? I know for certain I'm going to get a looper and a the ehx freeze pedal.
Yes, plugins work in real time. That's by far one of the biggest draws to using a DAW over a sound editor like Audacity; I can't imagine having to mix a whole song without real-time effects.

A computer can work fine as an amp, but instead of monitors, consider just getting some decent over-ear headphones and getting used to how they sound. Not perfect, but it's a cheap starting point.