Page 1 of 2
If the wage gap in favour of men exists

then why don't companies just employ women as they are so much cheaper?

#capitalism

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Because not every enterprise is in the business of crafting sandwiches.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Godsmack_IV
hmm maybe the problem runs deeper than just market mechanisms. guess capitalism can't fix everything. #crapitalism

so are you saying capitalism is a system of the patriarchy?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Cuz most male CEOs think they have to give days off to women all the time cuz of periods so it balances out
Idk my harem consists of mostly women
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Maternity.

And lack of skills and concentration. Would YOU fly in a plane piloted by a woman?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
That's a pretty valid point, I don't think I would.

How could a woman steer a plane with her boobs in the way?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Cuz the wage gap is a myth. Next riddle pls.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

#capitalism

Because they need somebody actually capable of doing the job!

Just kidding. I'm a firm believer in pay equality.
Ever seen a female manager? It's like a bear on a bicycle, they have no clue what they are doing, but it's hilarious to look at.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Quote by guitarist41
Would YOU fly in a plane piloted by a woman?

Tough one. On the one hand, men have crashed hundreds of planes. On the other hand, the only woman to ever fly a plane crashed.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

what if they already do and that's why men make up 81% of the homeless
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Stereotypically speaking, women can be great in managerial roles because they are more organized and better in some aspects of decentralized managing and people skills.

As for man, I gotta be above him, where's the ladder
Actually, below age 35, women earn(slightly) more than men.

Overall, it's still skewed in favour of older, balder, fatter men, though.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
The supposed women-get-paid-less-than-men argument wouldn't exist if companies only employed women. And that is why companies employ both men and women. For some reason they want the women-get-paid-less-than-men conspiracy to exist.

Here's a conspiracy. What if women are in charge of everything and pretend they aren't in order to use the women-get-paid-less-than-men argument in order to get paid more?

The illuminati is real and ruled by womyn

You heard it here first!
I have nothing important to say
Quote by StewieSwan

Because prostitution is a noble job.
Quote by JackSaints
The illuminati is real and ruled by womyn

Well duh.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Becos men are too insecure woman will do better, don't deny

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by icanhasgodmode
Ever seen a female manager? It's like a bear on a bicycle, they have no clue what they are doing, but it's hilarious to look at.

Damn didnt even bother with sexist subtext, just rolled straight out there with the olde timey misogony
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33583117

#capitalism

You get dumber and dumber every day
Quote by StewieSwan

Also, 100% of men who get raped are men.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
You get dumber and dumber every day

No you just fell for my ruse to make the most #controversial #pitthread ever combining #feminism and #capitalism into one ultra #controversial #pitthread

Who's dumb now eh

Quote by EndTheRapture51

#capitalism

- less qualified women workers (ie most women in work are doing shitty easymode jobs)

- misogynistic employers fearing the dreaded maternity leave (from male and female bosses)

- male bosses/skilled employees who are in the position from hereditary causes, (eg family business or being put through rich colleges and given better opportunities due to rich fathers and grandfathers wanting legacy) or that these men go to where they are because of the still widely held notions that men should be the ones providing the income which leads to them training and going for higher paid jobs, while the majority of lower paid/less skilled work goes to women who still treat their job as the "side" job to supplement the household in between child rearing (or plan to supplement when they find the husband to provide for them). this is excepting low paid/less skilled manual labour type work though where men still hold the majority of positions here, not necessarily on physical demands (cause most physical work is easy enough for both sexes with all the mechanised assistance supplied these days), but again just lingering notions of what is "guy" stuff and what is "girl" stuff. most people take equality to just mean that they aren't outright being prevented from doing something (with rational limits) just because of their gender and think everything is okay without realising there are still these ideas guiding how they act en masse that is still bringing a whole gender down (sorry for implying binary, but there's no need to complicate this point)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
it's interesting for example that where I work (NHS).
porters & building people are nearly all male (i think they have like 2 women who mostly do painting jobs in a staff of 50)
security is all men

healthcare assistants are mostly women (don't need qualifications for it)
nearly all nurses are women (short course qualifications, flexible hours, hrmmmm)
50:50 for doctors & surgeons, but senior ones are pretty much all men
pretty much all admin departments are women except for anything that is tech or data, in which case it's like all guys and the one creeped on computer girl.
most dept/team (non clinical) managers are women
most senior managers are men and there are 8 directors and only 2 are women though the chief exec is female.

iirc our last figure for staff gender was like 70:30 women:men

now when I talk to a lot women working here, a lot are attracted by the generous leave and the general job security that they aren't worried about being fired if they don't meet some targets and they like having the second income to take care of their kids. while that is nice in one way, it does mean a lot of people don't really give a shit since they just take the "good enough" approach to get through the day rather than what they'd face in private sector where they'd be getting motivated to improve their self and earn more (or end up jobless). in the NHS they don't have to worry so much about work and put their kids/home life first (apparently. i've heard variations of this loads of times from people)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
It's also funny to notice how tasks that women excel at, like servicing, cooking, manual labor, all can be automated, while tasks that men excel at (decision making, leading a company) can not.

Just sayin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Quote by icanhasgodmode
It's also funny to notice how tasks that women excel at, like servicing, cooking, manual labor, all can be automated, while tasks that men excel at (decision making, leading a company) can not.

Just sayin'

it's all gonna kick off now

Quote by icanhasgodmode

Just sayin'

Women aren't good at manual labor and nobody is good at decision making.

Somehow also I don't think that automated cooking is such a great idea.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

#capitalism

They often do. At a labor level.

Most agricultural and textile labor is done by little brown women and that way, wages/overhead stay low and we can all buy our nikes for cheap!!

#stopcritiquingcapitalism #startcritiquingneoliberalism #wearenotactuallycapitalistsanyway
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by MakinLattes
This is a terrible riddle.

It's you.

I'm gonna PM you.
Quote by MakinLattes
This is a terrible riddle.

the queen has returned

was the glass ceiling as beautiful as they told us it would be??
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
the queen has returned

was the glass ceiling as beautiful as they told us it would be??

I'm still digging shards of glass out of my face.
I kind of like the way the light reflects off it---

oh
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by theogonia777
Women aren't good at manual labor and nobody is good at decision making.

Somehow also I don't think that automated cooking is such a great idea.

This.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by vintage x metal
They often do. At a labor level.

Most agricultural and textile labor is done by little brown women and that way, wages/overhead stay low and we can all buy our nikes for cheap!!

#stopcritiquingcapitalism #startcritiquingneoliberalism #wearenotactuallycapitalistsanyway

Is this not the fault of capitalism? If capitalism were not driving profit margins etc. we would be able to pay everyone a fair wage.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Is this not the fault of capitalism? If capitalism were not driving profit margins etc. we would be able to pay everyone a fair wage.

Well yes, obviously, that is one small factor. But it's a lot more complicated than just that. These are global enterprises we are talking about. You don't need to pay fair wages if the people who are underpaid are 1) from a developing country and 2) illiterate. Very few people in developed countries give a shit if their Nikes were made in shitty conditions if it means that the product stays under $200. Those at the top of the ladder gain much more from outsourcing labor to poor countries than customers, however, so everyone loses (including companies that do have proper labor practices) except a small handful of the already overpaid.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Well yes, obviously, that is one small factor. But it's a lot more complicated than just that. These are global enterprises we are talking about. You don't need to pay fair wages if the people who are underpaid are 1) from a developing country and 2) illiterate. Very few people in developed countries give a shit if their Nikes were made in shitty conditions if it means that the product stays under $200. Those at the top of the ladder gain much more from outsourcing labor to poor countries than customers, however, so everyone loses (including companies that do have proper labor practices) except a small handful of the already overpaid.

the problem being that free trade agreements have been exporting capitalist property rights but not labour conditions #trotsky #proletarianinternationalism
Page 1 of 2