Page 1 of 2
Its no secret hes got a lot of duds on his last few albums. My personal favorite:

'Now you get to watch her leave out the window/
Guess thats why they call it window pane'

From love the way you lie.

Im sure theres a million more so go go
That part in Rap God where he goes, "ahhh-- somadubadubawubasomesoma wubawubaubwadubadubasubadubadubasuba"
“Ain't no one safe from, non-believers there ain't none
I even make the bitches I rape cum”

He was just blatantly trolling with that one. Eminem acted like a seventeen-year-old when he was twenty-seven. But for a man in his forties to want attention so bad that he writes that loathsome line is just plain sad.
Quote by whywefight
Its interesting that you just said 'yall'

I'm blushing. Quit it.
Quote by jpnyc
“Ain't no one safe from, non-believers there ain't none
I even make the bitches I rape cum”

He was just blatantly trolling with that one. Eminem acted like a seventeen-year-old when he was twenty-seven. But for a man in his forties to want attention so bad that he writes that loathsome line is just plain sad.

I don't think he writes them for attention. He does it because he's at the Dre level of success where he just doesn't need to give a shit
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra at #33583486
I don't think he writes them for attention. He does it because he's at the Dre level of success where he just doesn't need to give a shit

yep

eminem just doesn't need to give a fuck anymore

anything outside of the slim shady and marshall mathers albums are trash so just post every lyric from every song past 2006 basically
ayy lmao
I think when im gone is basically the last song he'll ever do that successfully challenges people's perceptions on him as an artist, which is sad because that's basically all his best songs were ever about.
Quote by whywefight
I think when im gone is basically the last song he'll ever do that successfully challenges people's perceptions on him as an artist, which is sad because that's basically all his best songs were ever about.

Yea, and his early stuff about dealing with success were great. "The Way I Am" is one of my favourite Eminem songs
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by chrismendiola
Eminem post-2003 is like 95.565% of hip-hop's worst lyrics.

da doing doing doioioing
Quote by chrismendiola
Eminem post-2003 is like 95.565% of hip-hop's worst lyrics.

I feel like people that say this haven't listened to anything post 2003. Coz there's a hell of a lot that's worse than Eminem

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
All his bars are awful.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Eminem seems to be constantly going on drugs and making a terrible album and then getting off drugs and making a less terrible album that is serious and is called Relapse or Recovery or Rehabilitation or Removals or Remembering and then he goes back on drugs and the cycle continues.

Quote by vintage x metal

Yep.
I just listened to that "Just Lose It" song for the first time since I was about 14......

I think that belongs in the Cringe Thread
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
All those dumbshit songs like FAK and Ass Like That were just terrible.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by jambi_mantra at #33583641
I feel like people that say this haven't listened to anything post 2003. Coz there's a hell of a lot that's worse than Eminem

I was a proper Stan until I stopped expecting a return to form when Recovery had been released. I still hope for it to happen and listen to his releases. There are some diamonds in the rough to be found here and there, but Encore and Recovery have some of the worst shit I've ever heard.
Free Ali
I wouldn't really say that everything post 2006 is awful...

From the new album, the first track (Bad Guy) is a really good and pretty well played idea. Headlights, leaving out the shitty modern overdone chorus, is a pretty touching song..(or maybe so for me simply because of what I've been through with my Mum.

Mockingbird was a nicely done poem..I Need a Doctor wasn't awful.

Sure there's been a vague mix of good and bad, with maybe the bad being more prevalent, but it's not all trash.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Bad Guy is top notch

Lovin' all these #haters in #here
My God, it's full of stars!
"Moms spaghetti"

Good song, but that bit there ^ makes me chuckle.
For the most part I think Eminem is fine, but i only know early Eminem and later/current Eminem. So there are a few albums I missed
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33583683
Eminem seems to be constantly going on drugs and making a terrible album and then getting off drugs and making a less terrible album that is serious and is called Relapse or Recovery or Rehabilitation or Removals or Remembering and then he goes back on drugs and the cycle continues.

I missed this on the first read-through. If by "constantly," you mean "exactly one time," then yeah, he's really consistent.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
I was a proper Stan until I stopped expecting a return to form when Recovery had been released. I still hope for it to happen and listen to his releases. There are some diamonds in the rough to be found here and there, but Encore and Recovery have some of the worst shit I've ever heard.

It's not so much that his post 2003 stuff has been good. More than 90% of rap that's been released (that's as commercial as Eminem) is 1000x worse.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra at #33584821
It's not so much that his post 2003 stuff has been good. More than 90% of rap that's been released (that's as commercial as Eminem) is 1000x worse.

I don't know, have you heard:

"Crack a Bottle"
"Insane"
"Just Lose It"
"Ass Like That"
"Puke"
"Berzerk"
"Not Afraid"
"Cold Wind Blows"
"Space Bound"
"Fack"
etc.

Those are just the ones that come to mind that were memorable for being really shit. Some of the stuff has been really good since 2003, but there's also been absolute shit that I'd compare to the Soulja Boys and Chief Keefs of the world.
Free Ali
I like cold wind blows a lot

The rest are shit tho and thats only scratching the surface too unfortunately
Last edited by whywefight at Sep 6, 2015,
"My Fault" was always bad taste to me; handled poorly/disrespectfully
Last edited by Fat Lard at Sep 7, 2015,
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Probably this, it's one of those songs that it's so bad, it's almost good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AqnCSdkjQ0

I actually like that song, ti thought the lyrics were pretty good, but then again, I know nothing about rap
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Quote by Fat Lard at #33584837
"My Fault" was always bad taste to me; handled poorly/disrespectfully

tbh his old stuff had some pretty "wtf dude" lyrics but nothing comes close to how blatantly try hard offensive bizarre could be

like i get that was his thing, but his thing is shit
Quote by chrismendiola
I don't know, have you heard:

"Crack a Bottle"
"Insane"
"Just Lose It"
"Ass Like That"
"Puke"
"Berzerk"
"Not Afraid"
"Cold Wind Blows"
"Space Bound"
"Fack"
etc.

Those are just the ones that come to mind that were memorable for being really shit. Some of the stuff has been really good since 2003, but there's also been absolute shit that I'd compare to the Soulja Boys and Chief Keefs of the world.

True. But, then there's stuff like this:

"You should throw it to me, like Tom Brady
With the long blonde hair, that's Marcia Brady"

From "Do It Again"
(feat. Chris Brown & Tyga)

"Had a dream that my dick turned to Megatron/But my girl was sleeping with Decepticons"

"That pussy boneless, that's Chik-Fil-A"

From Lil Wayne

"Look like a fat booty Celine Dion/ Sex is on fire, I’m the King of Leona Lewis”

"At the mall, there was a seance/ Just kids, no parents/ Then the sky filled with herons/ Saw the devil in Chrysler LeBaron”

"Chasin’ love, lots of bittersweet hours lost/ Eatin’ Asian pussy, all I need was sweet and sour sauce”

All from Kanye West

"I'll break it down for you now, baby it's simple If you be a nympho, I'll be a nympho."
50 Cent

Basically, there's a lot of shit out there.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
sometimes i forget chris brown still has a career but at least he's never done a diss track aimed at a hand puppet i guess

and for real that lil wayne transformers line is actually pretty slick when you take into consideration some of the dumb shit he's said lol nothing touches "my biceps & triceps is ASS"

Quote by jambi_mantra
"Chasin’ love, lots of bittersweet hours lost/ Eatin’ Asian pussy, all I need was sweet and sour sauce”

Dont pretend that ones not great
Quote by Ablast
I actually like that song, ti thought the lyrics were pretty good, but then again, I know nothing about rap

I just found his rapping was really off in that song, just trying way too hard to cram lyrics into a rhythm that didn't really work with what he was writing.

Sort of like a spoken word/rap mashup
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Page 1 of 2