I'm looking for a new (not used) guitar for playing (mostly) metal like Metallica.
Budget is around 500 EUR/400GBP/$600 (whole setup including amp, etc.).
I've been looking at a dozen or so models but there's too much choice
I really like the look and sound of the guitar this guy is playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsyCR6AZenE
It's a ESP LTD but the model number is not visible.

These are some of the guitars I've been looking at:
ESP LTD M-50
ESP LTD M-100FM
Jackson JS32
Ibanez RG421
^ Not necessarily. I'm ambivalent about going used most of the time, but especially if the player is a beginner. It also doesn't make much sense to go used if you know you don't like used (in a similar way to telling someone who has his/her heart set on a gibson to get a tokai instead probably isn't the best idea).

I don't have that much experience with those guitars, but the Ibanez RG421 (I've tried its predecessor, the 321, so I don't exactly have up-to-date experience ) is probably solid. That being said, I've heard decent things about the cheaper LTDs too, so

What amp are you thinking of?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I wouldn't mind buying a used guitar from a reputable store but the choice in my area is limited.
One of them has a ESP LTD F-350 for 430 EUR ($480). Would that be a big improvement over the models I mentioned earlier? I have to increase my budget with this one but if it's much better I don't mind.

I was thinking of getting a Peavey Vypyr amp.
This setup is probably never going to leave my living room so I don't need a high powered amp.
Quote by MetalMimo
I wouldn't mind buying a used guitar from a reputable store but the choice in my area is limited.
One of them has a ESP LTD F-350 for 430 EUR ($480). Would that be a big improvement over the models I mentioned earlier? I have to increase my budget with this one but if it's much better I don't mind.

I was thinking of getting a Peavey Vypyr amp.
This setup is probably never going to leave my living room so I don't need a high powered amp.

A Peavey Vypyr would be a great amp to get. As a beginner, you try some effects to get an idea of what they do. A 15 or 20 watt Vypyr would be perfect for you.

As for the guitar, the ibanez rg seems like a solid guitar. I've tried the RG321 and it wasn't bad at all. So the Ibanez that you mentioned, since it's a newer model, shouldn't be far off.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
for the vypyrs, i would go for at least the 30. i recommend the 30 because it has a 12" speaker.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Amps are the foundation of your tone, but they're not as sexy as guitars. If you're like many guitarists starting out, that means you're going to pay more for your guitar than your amp, when in reality, your amp is more important.

That's OK, lots of people do that. I did.

When I was making the jump from acoustic to electric, I bought a sexy guitar...2 actually. I spent nothing on an amp. Instead, I used some good headphones (that I already had), and purchased a portable digital modeler (PDM). Mine was a Korg Pandora Px4.*

Other PDMs are made by Tascam, Boss, and most famously, by Line6- the ubiquitous POD series.

I like PDMs: even though at prices ranging from $99-300, they don't cost significantly less than modeling amps, they offer certain options that I really prefer as a musician's practice tool, especially for beginners:

1) They fit in a gig bag or hardshell case, meaning they're portable enough to practice anywhere- quietly- you're willing to tote your axe.

2) They let you model numerous effects and amps, so you can experiment with all kinds of tones.

3) Almost all will have a tuner, metronome and a set of drum patterns.

4) Most will have some way of recording, plus either a removable chip drive or some kind of direct PC interface.

5) Usually, you can use one as a multieffects unit- just like the ones that sit on the floor like a conventional pedal- so if/when you upgrade your amp, you can use your PDM with it. Or with a borrowed amp. Etc.

* even though I now have an amp, I have since purchased another Px4- having damaged my first one- a Px5, and a Tascam GT-R1.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
danny you need another amp
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)

It's like having my own personal rickroll!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz

It's like having my own personal rickroll!

i have your new amps planned for you, a mesa MKIV/MKV and a rockerverb.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by MetalMimo

Probably a fair bit better (I haven't tried that specific one), but I'd be a bit iffy on the floyd rose special.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?