Friend found this on CL for $1,000. Apparently the guy agreed to take a Deluxe Players Strat and an OLD hot rod deluxe for it but he's a couple hours away. We're gonna make the drive tomorrow, BUT i was wondering if someone on here can take a look at a few pics of it to see if its even worth our time. Mainly pics of the circuit board and speaker configuration. Let me know if you've got any knowledge about this? Much appreciated.
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Nice parts, looks competently if not brilliantly made (though it's hard to tell for sure from pictures). Probably a Weber kit with some parts swapped out.

http://www.tedweber.com/5e7-c-kt

Price is steep. Kit amps don't generally hold value well, and $1000 is more than I'd pay for that amp. That guitar and amp are far, far more than I'd trade. Maybe one of them and a couple hundred bucks, but not both.
okay thanks man. guy says he bought it from a boutique guitar shop and the amp tech their checked it and said it was good. sold it to him for $1200. he could easily be BSing though.
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Quote by jon_six
okay thanks man. guy says he bought it from a boutique guitar shop and the amp tech their checked it and said it was good. sold it to him for $1200. he could easily be BSing though.

It’s probably true. The shop probably bought it for under $500, put it on the shelf at $1,200 expecting to sell it for $1,000, and then this guy walked in and bought it for the sticker price.
I agree. No reason to assume he's lying, but that's still not a good price even if someone else paid it.
Quote by Roc8995
Nice parts, looks competently if not brilliantly made (though it's hard to tell for sure from pictures). Probably a Weber kit with some parts swapped out.

http://www.tedweber.com/5e7-c-kt

Price is steep. Kit amps don't generally hold value well, and $1000 is more than I'd pay for that amp. That guitar and amp are far, far more than I'd trade. Maybe one of them and a couple hundred bucks, but not both.

I agree with this.
Looks VERY nicely built IMO (And those here that know me, know I rarely hand that compliment out. I'm incredibly anal about build quality)

Price is a bit much though.
Most I'd pay for that is MAYBE $800. TOPS.
Unless it was from a well known and respected builder.

If it were me, I would keep the Strat and trade the HRD and some cash, but I'm not a big fan of the Hod Rod series amps. Their dirt channels sounds like ass IMO.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Sep 7, 2015,
Very nice build, no pedigree or collector value though. An amp is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. There are a lot of similar quality used amps in the Fender/Mesa lines that sell for $500-$800. That is probably the market value for someone who really likes this amp.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Really like the PTP work but I'd agree with the rest of the guys. The only thing I can say is that ... if it sounds right...who knows? I've been known to make impulse decisions.

This would be a nightmare to sell and service, although the schem looks simple enough.
my friends just gonna trade both and the guy is gonna throw on a pedal train pedal board. the HDR he trading needs re tubing and some other work to it and its 1st gen hot rod.

i picked up a 59 fender baseman ltd and now he's gotta have a "tweed" amp. haha

y'all have been very helpful though. thanks geyes
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
build quality is average. not worth a grand but if you are trading that's ok.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
picked it up today. sound is amazing, quality is perfect. really digging this amp.
Godin Passion RG-3
Gibson SG Standard
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Marshall JVM215C
JHS Sweet Tea V2
Guyatone WRM5
TC Flashback Delay
Quote by jon_six
picked it up today. sound is amazing, quality is perfect. really digging this amp.

sweet! post up a NGD.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/