Poll Options
View poll results: Are you an organ donor
Yes
40 73%
No
15 27%
Voters: 55.
Page 1 of 5
Just curious. We were having a discussion about this today. I was just wondering how many in the Pit are organ donors and what reasons you ahve one way or the other.
Si
Yes, for all organs. Cause I don't need them when I am dead.

Had to sign myself up for it. In some other countries it is automatic but you can opt out. I would prefer that system cause now people aren't doing it here cause they are uninformed or lazy. In only very rare caases are you suitable in the end, so the more people sign up, the better.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Sep 7, 2015,
Well, I've always been in favour of it, and put myself on the list when I got my provisional driver's license(half my life ago, jfc I'm old).

I've always been a supporter of opt-out rather than opt-in, and I suppose I'm more in favour now, since I spent 3 1/2 years on the waiting list(after more than 4 years of delays in getting on, because <reasons>.

As far as I'm concerned, once I'm dead, they can take whatever they want, and then throw what's left to carnivores at the nearest zoo.
I want to, but my organs may be sub par, I'm not healthy by any means.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
I want to, but my organs may be sub par, I'm not healthy by any means.

What have you got to lose?

Nothing gets taken until you die, and even then, they don't just scoop out your innards and stuff them into other people.

And even the heart of a guy in not great shape is leagues ahead of someone who needs a heart transplant.
fair enough, but I'm still basically emergency supplies.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
ya and i give blood 2

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
^
I gave blood once, it was pretty neat. Nearly passed out tho, I've had lot of blood tests done and was all "been there done that, I'll be fine", I was not fine

Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33585144
fair enough, but I'm still basically emergency supplies.

better than no supplies

I am an organ donor, have the card behind my ID in my wallet, have told my family and friends to let the doctors harvest my innards. Hopefully my death will help the life of someone else and I think that's a beautiful thing
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Sep 7, 2015,
Ever since I got the form to register when I was 18.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Quote by icanhasgodmode
Ever since I got the form to register when I was 18.

"Happy birthday! As a gift you can now give away your organs when you die. Hope you like it!"
Quote by Bladez22
^
I gave blood once, it was pretty neat. Nearly passed out tho, I've had lot of blood tests done and was all "been there done that, I'll be fine", I was not fine

better than no supplies

I am an organ donor, have the card behind my ID in my wallet, have told my family and friends to let the doctors harvest my innards. Hopefully my death will help the life of someone else and I think that's a beautiful thing

Just as an example, my mum got an 'extended criteria' transplant. She'd been on dialysis for several years, but venous access had always been problematic, and they were running out of options, so it wasn't going to be long before dialysis simply wouldn't work.
And when that happened, she'd die. It might take a couple of weeks(as a result of the aforementioned problems, she'd once gone 9 days without dialysis), so the required conditions for the organ were relaxed somewhat, so the kidney she got wasn't a great match, and took almost a week to actually 'wake up'.

4 weeks after the op, she was able to get out of her chair and through to the ******* faster than she'd been able to get out of her chair before the op.
ya, everything, including skin and such that people normally skip on.

I also give blood regularly, got that sweet bronze 10-24 donations card from NHS atm.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Yes, but I feel sorry for whoever gets my liver.

Used to give blood on a month basis to Red Cross, but quit when my mother was charged $500 per pint by the Red Cross for blood used during an operation. (non-profit my ass!).
Last edited by TobusRex at Sep 7, 2015,
Of course. Who wouldn't sign up for that?
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I'm not actually, never really thought about signing up for it. I give blood though, 15 times now I think.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
I had some form come to the house the other day that I had to sign to opt out of organ donations, so it might be compulsory now or something in Wales. I was going to then decided that if I'm dead I've not got much use for them so whatever.
I don't know

Which probably means no

I should probably sign up, not that anyone would want my organs since they're probably fucked.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

One of my organs regularly takes a temporary residence in a donee, but there's a lot of moving around.
I'm not and I'm not sure why. I should change it, but on the other hand, I can't imagine them being very healthy.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
To anyone not sure about the state of their organs: sign up as a donor anyway (if you want to). You're alive now, so chances are some of your organs are at least in a somewhat good/healthy condition. In any case they'll very likely be better than those of the person who's on a waiting list for a new kidney or whatever
Is there a way to do it online?
I'm too lazy to go back to the DMV for that. That's where I was asked first, anyways.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Can't help you there I'm afraid, but hopefully one of your fellow countrymen in this forum would be so kind as to respond to that question
I've been listed as a donor since I started driving at 16. They ask you when you get your license here. I don't see any reason not to be. I don't need my organs and other parts once I'm dead. If they can improve/save a life, that's awesome. I'd want organs to be donated to me if I needed them, so I feel obligated to return the favor.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Is there a way to do it online?
I'm too lazy to go back to the DMV for that. That's where I was asked first, anyways.

in the uk you can. so prob not
You can help someone, all you have to do is die. Simple as that. You won't even notice.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
Hope none of you organ donors are ever in critical condition. There have been known stories of people having the plug pulled so they can take your shit.

You are a potential pile of major money laying there.
Quote by pressureproject
Hope none of you organ donors are ever in critical condition. There have been known stories of people having the plug pulled so they can take your shit.

If that was true, people would have been charged with manslaughter at the very least.
My only problem with organ donation is this...who gets my genitals? Lucky devil.....
Quote by pressureproject

I'm sure this is an urban myth lol
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Page 1 of 5