To start out, I know a few basic chords, still a bit rusty at bar chords and know some really basic finger picking patterns.

I'd really love to be able to play something like this !! (I actually want to figure out how to play this song too, but different story..) I know it sounds simple but it's very cute. I love celtic style stuff as well.
So yeah i want to go down the fingerstyle route, what should I learn from here and how do i get started?
thanks
Hi everfae. I'm pretty much in the same place you are. I'd suggest some of the free sites on the internet for fingerstyle lessons. Youtube is a great resource. I'm currently working on a Dylan song. I'm including the youtube link so you can see the lesson, if it's the kind of thing you are looking for. Below the video is the "home" link of the guy doing the lesson, tons of completely free lessons on his site. You might even find the song you are looking for there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2RdIH8A3yc

http://www.goliathguitartutorials.com/
Last edited by TobusRex at Sep 7, 2015,
Quote by everfae
To start out, I know a few basic chords, still a bit rusty at bar chords and know some really basic finger picking patterns.

I'd really love to be able to play something like this !! (I actually want to figure out how to play this song too, but different story..) I know it sounds simple but it's very cute. I love celtic style stuff as well.
So yeah i want to go down the fingerstyle route, what should I learn from here and how do i get started?
thanks

After not playing for well over a decade and returning to the guitar in my 30's, somehow I got turned onto fingerstyle and haven't looked back. It's been several years since then.

My approach was a ton of Youtube videos and a finger picking book. I randomly picked one and had some nice melodies. But an easy one that will develop speed and basic chords is "Dust in the Wind". START SLOOOOOWWWWW Don't try to go at normal speed when first practicing and it will be 2 weeks of daily playing before your fingers feel normal again.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Last edited by fingerguy at Sep 8, 2015,