hi, these screws are i think from a humbucker pickup (not sure if that's a "thing") and go into my ibanez gsa60

can you please try to identify so i can buy a replacement?

also can you get stronger screws because these ones literally melted vs the screwdriver and i spent 2 hours figuring out how to get it out (in the end used a saw blade to make a groove and wrecked my finish lol)

also finally any website or shop (uk) recommended? i phoned tesco but the man said he doesnt think they will stock them

thanks!!

gj webcam

idk what that white shit is i think its soap

in other news i spent like another 2 hours today trying to adjust my truss and bridge and even the saddles coz i didnt know wtf they were, trying to get my action right or basically trying to get rid of the ****ing buzz all over the place and at least a bit lower action than before. finally i done it and was raging like a madman, but i've calmed down now and ended up with lower action than i had originally (it was MASSIVE on some strings imo), so i'm content.

i can tell coz i have to retrain my pinkie to not overshoot and playing things is quite different and , after i had a break, i came back and tried some barre chords and could do them with good (relative) confidence. so it turned out to be a great success in the end after i'd cooled down.

also i changed my strings and man what a difference there too (hadn't changed them since i got it 6 months ago). i didn't realise strings were supposed to be silver , my original ones are dark copper/dark brown lol.

oh yeah, the really important thing i wanted to share was that i spent like 30 mins trying to figure out wtf was causing a particular buzz and realised that my 1st pickup was so badly seated that it was literally higher up than the fretboard lol. this is something a guitar newbie might never notice so i wanted to spread the word. check your pickups are seated low and securely when you are trying to setup!!!! i couldnt believe it
Last edited by percydw at Sep 7, 2015,
be nice to your guitar, damn lol.

i don't think you had the right size screwdriver and you stripped the head. you don't need harder screws or anything. just get some new ones. maybe check if a pickup manufacturer could send you two. i have had companies (for auto, electronic, and guitar related) that i have asked to get a simple replacement for something small and they just were nice and sent me them free, it has happened quite a lot. its worth a shot.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
be nice to your guitar, damn lol.

i don't think you had the right size screwdriver and you stripped the head. you don't need harder screws or anything. just get some new ones. maybe check if a pickup manufacturer could send you two. i have had companies (for auto, electronic, and guitar related) that i have asked to get a simple replacement for something small and they just were nice and sent me them free, it has happened quite a lot. its worth a shot.

Fair point. After all, they likely have bins full of them(OK, maybe not like household waste bins, but they probably order/make the screws in thousands), and postage for a couple will be like a fart in a hurricane next to other costs.
Like trashed said. give Ibanez an email. I once had a 15 year old Jap Aria special edition with a busted machine head, emailed JHS and they sent me the correct original for free. Nice guys. Try it.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
Quote by CodeMonk
We have a store in town that sells nothing but nut, bolts and screws.
Perhaps you have something similar in your area?

we have some down here in florida too. however, the store by me doesn't have as much metric hardware as they do standard (assuming its metric). it would be worth a shot, but you would get a migraine going through bins under fluorescent lighting lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Sounds like you literally like used the wrong sized screwdriver.

Tescos? Why? How about Screwfix? ( the clue is in the name). It is an unusual screw though so you would be better off going to a guitar shop or contacting the manufacturer as already suggested.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Who knows what happened went you went ballistic with that power drill. Might need to put in some matchsticks in the bottom of the screw holes to get a better grip on the replacement.
That's a standard pickup mounting screw so just look at guitar equipment sites.
nooo i just used my Guitar Tool from amazon it has 2 screwdrivers on it
idk how old the guitar is but its 2nd hand
the screw just literally melted , it was weird
the other one wasnt as bad but not great
anyway i wrote an email to ibanez store but ill hold off on sending it until i can get to some shop on the weekend, bit silly asking them if i haven't been to a shop yet
having another look i see this website shows measurements so thats handy ill look later
http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/pickup-screws--springs-69-c.asp
in the meantime its doing just fine so long as i dont move around too much lol
Quote by percydw
nooo i just used my Guitar Tool from amazon it has 2 screwdrivers on it
idk how old the guitar is but its 2nd hand
the screw just literally melted , it was weird
the other one wasnt as bad but not great
anyway i wrote an email to ibanez store but ill hold off on sending it until i can get to some shop on the weekend, bit silly asking them if i haven't been to a shop yet
having another look i see this website shows measurements so thats handy ill look later
http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/pickup-screws--springs-69-c.asp
in the meantime its doing just fine so long as i dont move around too much lol

What, exactly, does that mean?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
i mean it just mushed
i stuck the screwdriver in and turned it a bit and it starting turning to mush
the technical term is stripped but it was more like mushed
or melted