Been GASing for an 8 string for a while because... well, I want one.
Budget: Somewhere under £450

Favourite Artists: The list is far too long, but for 8 string stuff, Periphery, Devastator and Hacktivist come to mind. I mainly want to use it for my own stuff though.

Preferences: Not too fussed, though I'm fairly bored of matt or gloss black. I quite like Ibanez and Schecter, but I'm fairly open minded, though I don't like any extreme shapes (Looking at you, BC Rich...).
Not a fan of trems of any kind and easy adjustability is something I look for. A scale length above 26.5 is also preferable.

Pickups: No real preference, though most 8 string EMG demos sound too muddy to me. I like clarity. Coil splits are a bonus, but it's the kind of think I can do myself. I particularly like using a split bridge humbucker or single coil for chuggy stuff.

New or Used: Either's fine.

Location: South East UK. GAK is within driving distance, but I'm happy to buy online.

Current Gear: Custom Strat, custom Epi Explorer, Ibanez RG (x2), Schecter Omen Extreme 7, Vintage V100.

Amps: Marshall JCM2000, Blackstar HT20, Line 6 HD500x, Line 6 PODFarm 2

Anyone got any recommendations?
Theres a white schecter ATX 8 on one of the facebook groups. Think the guys down your end of the country too.

I can pm you the info i have if you want.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Are Agiles out of the question for Europe? I forget.

There are some nice Jackson SLAT X Series I'd look into.
Quote by dthmtl3
Are Agiles out of the question for Europe? I forget.

They're not. The argument against is usually "the shipping costs make them too expensive." Not really true, but that would be an evaluation someone in Europe would need to make. And, of course, "what if I need to return it?"

I think there's money to be made smuggling Agiles (And Werewolves) to London.
Ah WOOOOOOOOOO.....

http://www.rondomusic.com/8StringGuitars.html
Quote by dspellman
They're not. The argument against is usually "the shipping costs make them too expensive." Not really true, but that would be an evaluation someone in Europe would need to make.

Definitely not out of the question, but absolutely too expensive at the moment.

For example, THIS is $799 (£522.83) but the shipping is $106.39 (£69.61) which is out of the question when I can get something shipped to me from Thomann, Andertons or GAK for free.
Agiles are a bit of a rare thing on eBay and the high shipping costs make them expensive even second hand.