Poll: What should happen to IS volunteers from Western nations?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should happen to IS volunteers from Western nations?
They should be forgiven
5 10%
They deserve what they get
44 90%
Voters: 49.
Page 1 of 2
They should be forced to watch MLP until they either die or turn into bronies.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
They should be forced to watch MLP until they either die or turn into bronies.

Arguably worse than being IS members.

Maybe not even arguably..
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Fans of a little girl cartoon, literally worse than people that rape and behead other human beings

ffs
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Fans of a little girl cartoon, literally worse than people that rape and behead other human beings

ffs

Literally
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Well, if you look at it from proper point of view we are looking at two somewhat fanatical groups. Well, Isis is definitely fanatical.

Problem is that most people met bronies, at least on the internet and haven't met a real member of Isis. This in conjunction with bronies and mlp being the internets current punching bag(cos people need something completely trivial to hate) leads to most people believing bronies/mlp are worse than Isis.

That and because people need to feel better about themselves by pissing each other off, within the security of the internet, for every little possible thing.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Last edited by Guitar0player at Sep 8, 2015,
Quote by Guitar0player
Well, if you look at it from proper point of view we are looking at two somewhat fanatical groups. Well, Isis is definitely fanatical.

Problem is that most people met bronies, at least on the internet and haven't met a real member of Isis. This in conjunction with bronies and mlp being the internets current punching bag(cos people need something completely trivial to hate) leads to most people believing bronies/mlp are worse than Isis.

That and because people need to feel better about themselves by pissing each other off, within the security of the internet, for every little possible thing.

No we don't, you prick.
Why should they be forgiven? Like which volunteers are we talking about here? Ones who leave ISIS, who haven't committed any crimes against humanity or participated in fighting against NATO/kurds? Do those even exist?

Spoon-full of drone sugar, please. ISIS is really raising the bar for 'modern evil'. There's really zero nuance to it; kill the bastards. Don't commit similar crimes to theirs in order to achieve that, but achieve it for ****'s sake. Knock em dead.

Quote by SMH07 at #33586626
Arguably worse than being IS members.

Maybe not even arguably..

ISIS wins cuz of sex slavery. If they stopped doing that and stuck to beheadings, definitely Bronies.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Sep 8, 2015,
Quote by Dreadnought
Hahahahaha no

I think it would of necessity be situational? Surely you can see potential benefit in allowing those who have seen the error of their ways returning to society, for propaganda value if nothing else?

Of course any supplemental crimes committed during their lapse would still need to be adjudicated, but disallowing any possible means of redemption may not be good policy. People fight harder when they don't have any other options...

I'm not advocating an open-arms all-is-forgiven policy, but I think that in this, as in most (but not all) things, zero-tolerance is the lazy answer.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911 at #33586714
I think it would of necessity be situational? Surely you can see potential benefit in allowing those who have seen the error of their ways returning to society, for propaganda value if nothing else?

Of course any supplemental crimes committed during their lapse would still need to be adjudicated, but disallowing any possible means of redemption may not be good policy. People fight harder when they don't have any other options...

I'm not advocating an open-arms all-is-forgiven policy, but I think that in this, as in most (but not all) things, zero-tolerance is the lazy answer.

How long is the sentence in the US/UK for beheadings? Are US/UK citizens even allowed to serve in foreign armed forces, (not to mention foreign militias, not to mention militias that regularly commit war crimes, not to mention militias that avowed to destroy the countries those volunteers hail from)? Adjudicating those crimes and forgiving them at the same time would be a worse PR move than shooting them on sight.

What about the message you'll be sending potential volunteers? "Go ahead and join that international terrorist organization, if it goes wrong you could always just come back"?
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Sep 8, 2015,
The way I see it those ISIS volunteers are doing the Western World a tremendous service. I think it's quite safe to say that the average ISIS volunteer from the West is a moron, yes? A complete dullard whose genetic material it would be a disservice to mankind to proliferate, yes? A simpleton best rid of. What kind of dipshit hears about child sex slavery and mass slaughter and says "uh....I gotta get me some of that"? A jackass, period, EVEN if they learn the error of their ways.

So please ISIS, help yourself to the heaping pile of dipshits willing to jump in the volcano for you over there....so we don't have to deal with their idiocy HERE.
Last edited by TobusRex at Sep 8, 2015,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Why should they be forgiven? Like which volunteers are we talking about here? Ones who leave ISIS, who haven't committed any crimes against humanity or participated in fighting against NATO/kurds? Do those even exist?

Spoon-full of drone sugar, please. ISIS is really raising the bar for 'modern evil'. There's really zero nuance to it; kill the bastards. Don't commit similar crimes to theirs in order to achieve that, but achieve it for ****'s sake. Knock em dead.

ISIS wins cuz of sex slavery. If they stopped doing that and stuck to beheadings, definitely Bronies.

Thread was inspired by this story: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/08/father-of-british-isis-fighters-fears-they-are-on-government-hit-list

I mean...feel bad cos it's your sons but they literally joined ISIS what do you expect
Why can't we do both?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33586733
Thread was inspired by this story: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/08/father-of-british-isis-fighters-fears-they-are-on-government-hit-list

I mean...feel bad cos it's your sons but they literally joined ISIS what do you expect

Well, I do feel sorry for that guy, but his kids died when they made the decision to join up. Those cunts are the ones who put their father in the kind of situation, where he should fear that his own gov't could (very justifiably) target them.
It mainly annoys me that The Grauniad is running the story like it's some moral outrage emotional heart touching story that two bastards who want to destroy Western society and way of life.
^ well the extreme violence + fascism is the issue, not necessarily their desire for revolution.

Serve the sentence, be monitored + possible face active surveillance/house arrest if they live/d here. Other options involve deportation and such. Even if a citizen didn't actively partake in crimes done by IS, they are still enabling and supporting their agenda.

I'd say the bigger question that needs answering first is "which country sentences them, and to what, according to their circumstances and participation?". This country refuses to sentence mass-murderers, though, so idk. Plus we had a lot to do in these groups starting in the first place and are, so to speak, looking for wood in a forest. A more scaled-back, more neutral sentencing body may be required, as we are kind of exactly the wrong country (and the US) to be having pissfights over hypothetical (and real) non-active participants that are nonetheless associated with a terrorist group.

But this thread went into talking about bronies so wht do i know
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 8, 2015,
Quote by Arby911 at #33586714

Yes, if they were allowed to turn themselves in, being brought back in as a prisoner and then given a trail and a possible punishment then sure let them back in I guess, but still, that's that doesn't sound like a good idea if for nothing else they could just be lieing and spread their message to other people and potentially recruiting people in prisons etc. or other civilians if they aren't sentenced (but they'd probably be quickly reported doing that)
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by eGraham
Why can't we do both?

Oh you mean like over in the US?
Yes, that's precisely what I mean
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
Yes, that's precisely what I mean

Your sig is so relevant now.
Quote by TobusRex
The way I see it those ISIS volunteers are doing the Western World a tremendous service. I think it's quite safe to say that the average ISIS volunteer from the West is a moron, yes? A complete dullard whose genetic material it would be a disservice to mankind to proliferate, yes? A simpleton best rid of. What kind of dipshit hears about child sex slavery and mass slaughter and says "uh....I gotta get me some of that"? A jackass, period, EVEN if they learn the error of their ways.

So please ISIS, help yourself to the heaping pile of dipshits willing to jump in the volcano for you over there....so we don't have to deal with their idiocy HERE.

The easiest, most certain way to lose a war is to underestimate your enemy.

It may make you feel better to assume everyone that takes that path is an utter moron, but it's a piss poor idea strategically.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Guitar0player
Your sig is so relevant now.
ISIS members should be put in wheelie bins and pushed down hills?
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal

Yea I'm pretty confused by that too lol
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by Banjocal

I would very much like to see this become a thing.
Quote by Banjocal

Yes.

Quote by eGraham
Yea I'm pretty confused by that too lol

I was talking about the "I wish I was American" part.

Quote by ultimate-slash
I would very much like to see this become a thing.

Yes.
"aaaaaaand let's play TRASH THE TERRORIST!"

"ladies and gentlemen here is tonight's contestant, Hafiz, a long-serving member of ISIS, involved in many an execution and an excellent pilot... BUT CAN HE RIDE THAT BIN?!"
Trowzaa said that, not me
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by Banjocal
"aaaaaaand let's play TRASH THE TERRORIST!"

"ladies and gentlemen here is tonight's contestant, Hafiz, a long-serving member of ISIS, involved in many an execution and an excellent pilot... BUT CAN HE RIDE THAT BIN?!"

I'd pay money for that.
We have enough problems with homegrown religious fanatics in this country, thank you very much.

Brits have their own problems I guess, but if I was a Brit I'd oppose letting ISIS volunteers back in. Furthermore.....I'm crying big damn crocodile tears for that poor daddy. If he'd have raised those idiots properly he wouldn't be crying now.
Quote by Banjocal

What the hell are "wheelie bins"? Bronies? Hills?
Trash can on wheels
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by TobusRex
We have enough problems with homegrown religious fanatics in this country, thank you very much.

Brits have their own problems I guess, but if I was a Brit I'd oppose letting ISIS volunteers back in. Furthermore.....I'm crying big damn crocodile tears for that poor daddy. If he'd have raised those idiots properly he wouldn't be crying now.

Because no child "raised properly" ever goes wrong?
Charles Darwin
Quote by EndTheRapture51

“I don’t believe what Cameron is saying. The government has said things like this before. It’s just like Tony Blair and Iraq. In five years’ time we’ll be looking back at this and trying to find out the truth about it.”

I know it's his son and all but this guy's talking like a jackass.

Kill the SOBs
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Page 1 of 2