About 30 minutes ago a pair of new Tannoy Reveal 502s arrived at my door. I then proceeded to hook them up to my scarlett 2i4, plug them in; only to find they're not making sound. When I looked at the back I found I had the 120v setting selected on both the speakers. I live in the Netherlands. When I turned on the first one it had made an unpleasant hiss, the LED turned on briefly then turned back off. The same thing happened on the other monitor except without the hiss. I'm connected from my scarlett 2i4, from the balanced 1/4 inch to each speaker's unbalanced 1/4 inch (could that be the problem?). I also tried using the 3,5mm to monitor link which didn't work either. Both speakers are powered from a multisocket adapter. Did I kill my monitors by using the wrong power setting?
Whether or not you caused this, here's the deal: you don't know how it happened. Tell yourself that. Then tell the store that when you exchange them for a new pair.

Good luck!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Whether or not you caused this, here's the deal: you don't know how it happened. Tell yourself that. Then tell the store that when you exchange them for a new pair.

Good luck!

+1

Most places don't ask too many questions about what happened, but if they do you just need to say you followed the instructions but it didn't work.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
^ that.

Tho again, you don't need to tell that to the store you bought them from...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I done that afew times Cause I buy on ebay etc and sent it overseas ( to UAE where i work ) there's no Returns ( cause the postage costs are a killer ) ,. SO Far most Equipment WITH a 120/240 switch has a fuse take it to a repair dude and it should be OK for less then $10 he will replace the fuse,.. BUT if you can return it DO that first.

if you have no Switch and it's 120 only and you plug it into a 240 volt YOU may be Screwed,. ( unless your a Cavin power amp and all you have to do is cut a wire inside and you can convert the board to 240 Volt) again Only talking for direct experience i what i have used, & destroyed.
If you are Lucky you've blown the fuses of both monitors, if you're unlucky you fried them.

From the owners manual:
A mains fuse is provided in the IEC power inlet on
the back of this apparatus, which can only be removed
with the power cord unplugged. This must be
replaced by a fuse of the same type and rating (see
specifications or refer to rear panel).

First try to replace the fuse, if that doesn't work return them.