Hey there in UG Forumland, I've made this simple bass track for another UG member (Serotonite) to jam over.

It's a simple 2 chord progression on a 120 bpm rock drumtrack.
I thought it would be fun to hear what you guys (and girls of course) can make of it.
You can download the track from my soundcloud here: Serotonite Easy Rock Bass line 120 bpm

here the bass tab; ( i think you can figure out the chords )

G|---------1------------------------1--------------------|--------1------------------
D|-----4~--1~---------1-------4~--1~--------124.--|-----4~--1~-------------
A|---------------22-4~--2.--------------22-4~-------|------------------etc--------
E|-22------------------------22------------------------|-22------------------------

Do your worst and let us hear the results of your inspiration, have fun with it !

Cheers

PS. I've made another easy to follow bass track, it's a 12 Bar Blues in E for guitarists and other musicians to jam along. This raw rhythm & bass track is loosely based on the epic blues "Help Me" by Ten Years After. You can find it at this UG thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1686806
Last edited by Genadeloos_666 at Sep 13, 2015,
Quote by Serotonite
Considering this came from my thread, I guess I'll start it off so that people can see where I was going with it

that was quick
Quote by Serotonite
https://soundcloud.com/serotonin-17/seoronite-bassline-chords-version-2-please-critique

Considering this came from my thread, I guess I'll start it off so that people can see where I was going with it

Ouch man, the timing on this is awful.
Quote by Serotonite
Care to fix it then?

Listen to the drum beat. Do you know where the first beat of the measure is? Do you know how many bars there are in one repeat of the bassline?

Tap your foot to the backing track. Don't play anything, just tap your foot, or count "one, two, three, four" over it. You should tap on every beat the drums play (bass drum is played on beats one and three, and snare is played on beats two and four).

Now you have found the beat. Now try strumming on every beat. After you can do that, you can make the rhythm more complex, for example start adding some backbeats. But don't play anything too complicated (unless you are sure that you are playing in time). You want to be aware of the beats. If you lose the beat, simplify your rhythm. Remember that the drums are playing a simple 4/4 groove all the time, so you should be able to find the beat pretty easily if you lose it.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Listen to the drum beat. Tap your foot to the backing track. Don't play anything, just tap your foot, or count "one, two, three, four" over it. You should tap on every beat the drums play (bass drum is played on beats one and three, and snare is played on beats two and four).

Now you have found the beat. Now try strumming on every beat. After you can do that, you can make the rhythm more complex, for example start adding some backbeats. But don't play anything too complicated (unless you are sure that you are playing in time). You want to be aware of the beats. If you lose the beat, simplify your rhythm. Remember that the drums are playing a simple 4/4 groove all the time, so you should be able to find the beat pretty easily if you lose it.

Good advice... this is useful for all (beginner) players.

My girl is playing guitar and she struggles with rhythm too...
She hates to practice with the metronome, only because it's pointing out the fact that she's not on the beat.

Practice, Practice, Practice
Last edited by Genadeloos_666 at Sep 9, 2015,
Quote by Serotonite

Yeah, much better! Now you have found the rhythm. Good job.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
This is a fantastic idea.

I haven't been on these forums in quite some time but is there a section for this type of thing? Ideally we could make an online band and just work off one another's ideas.

I put down a rhythm for Genadeloos bass riff just for fun, kept it pretty bare bones so anyone can use it to work off, or improvise over top.

Link is below, let me know what u guys think, I could always try laying down an improv over top just for fun

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11179041/Ultimate-Guitar/Genadeloos%20Bass%20Riff%20and%20Rhythm%20Guitar.mp3

Quote by TtOkEs
This is a fantastic idea. I put down a rhythm for Genadeloos bass riff just for fun, kept it pretty bare bones so anyone can use it to work off, or improvise over top.

Link is below, let me know what u guys think, I could always try laying down an improv over top just for fun

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11179041/Ultimate-Guitar/Genadeloos%20Bass%20Riff%20and%20Rhythm%20Guitar.mp3

Yeah... now we're getting somewhere, like the feel of your rhythm guitar riff !! Let's see if someone can add a nice and mellow solo and maybe some hammond....

I thought this "play your thing on somebody elses track" would fit right here in the "Recording" part of the forum on UG, you're recording your track right?

I'm planning to post a new rhythm 'n bass track soon..... a nice 12 bar blues...
Quote by TtOkEs
I haven't been on these forums in quite some time but is there a section for this type of thing? Ideally we could make an online band and just work off one another's ideas.

That would indeed be awesome!
Quote by Genadeloos_666
I thought this "play your thing on somebody elses track" would fit right here in the "Recording" part of the forum on UG, you're recording your track right?

Maybe a new forum for group productions or something is in order! It might be annoying when someone is trying to look at microphone recommendations and the top thread is about various peoples' jamming over your version of a rudimentary bassline idea I shared a while ago

It would be interesting to see a place where we could share very basic beginnings of ideas and then let the community make contributions and then let people jam over the result until you have complete songs. It would be great if we could get many different songs based on one idea
The possibilities are endless with this type of thing. Everyone has they're own flavor to add and it could be really enjoyable!
Quote by Serotonite
Maybe a new forum for group productions or something is in order! It might be annoying when someone is trying to look at microphone recommendations and the top thread is about various peoples' jamming over your version of a rudimentary bassline idea I shared a while ago

First let's see where this one thing leads us, we're just starting with this
Last edited by Genadeloos_666 at Sep 10, 2015,
Here another bass track to Jam along with, the Genadeloos Easy Raw Blues in E, you can find it in a new thread // https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1686806

I've made this easy to follow 12 Bar Blues in E for guitarists and other musicians to jam along. This raw rhythm & bass track is loosely based on the epic blues "Help Me" by Ten Years After.

Cheers... have a great one