Basically I'm looking for as much lessons/videos/forum posts/books/websites about getting in depth with rhythm.

Most of the youtube stuff I have found so far are for beginners based around 8th notes and 16th notes which I understand to some degree.

I've also been reccomended by a couple of people to practice with a metronome(sp?) which I now have started but it's gets terrible boring hitting quarter notes on the same chords for several minutes.
Quote by binaary
Basically I'm looking for as much lessons/videos/forum posts/books/websites about getting in depth with rhythm.

Most of the youtube stuff I have found so far are for beginners based around 8th notes and 16th notes which I understand to some degree.

I've also been reccomended by a couple of people to practice with a metronome(sp?) which I now have started but it's gets terrible boring hitting quarter notes on the same chords for several minutes.

So switch off. Switch chords after every 4th count. Pick 4 chords you need to work on for it's not only about strumming and timing but getting the fingers in place before you strum the beat. It's a teach effort.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Quote by binaary

If you only understand 8th and 16th notes to "some degree", you're a beginner in this field, and those are exactly the kind of lessons you should be looking at.

Quote by binaary
've also been reccomended by a couple of people to practice with a metronome(sp?) which I now have started but it's gets terrible boring hitting quarter notes on the same chords for several minutes.

Probably because you don't know how to use a metronome yet. Hitting quarter notes is easy enough. But try this: play eight notes in 4/4, and accent every fifth note. Or only play dotted eight notes. Not so easy?

The point of a metronome is not to have it running in the background while you keep strumming the same chord. It's about keeping time with an actual song. Take any song you know (that's preferably a bit more complex than straight quarter notes) and try playing that to the metronome. It helps you to keep time and develop a more precise ear for rhythm. But just playing straight quarters and eights won't do the trick. You should try an actual song with some rhythmic variation.

If you really want to learn rhythm, pick up a book on classical theory. They often have a section for rhythm and meter, and they explain it properly. That's my two cents.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
If you only understand 8th and 16th notes to "some degree", you're a beginner in this field, and those are exactly the kind of lessons you should be looking at.

It's more the timing/bmp of certain songs that throws me or songs without guitar.

I understand the counting - 1&2 and 1e+a it basically comes down to working out the bmp that is holding me back a considerable amount and down strums hit 1 and 1+
Try searching on rhythmisation, takadimi and konnokol on youtube. Verbalising rhythm out loud works every time because it focuses your brain to give the correct information to your fingers at the correct time. With lots of successful verbal and physiological repetitions, the rhythms are imprinted into your ear and it's at that point you can play rhythm by ear. These verbalisation systems have ways of verbalising any rhythm you want to learn. play or enjoy.